PDA

View Full Version : Question about Leg Shot

Bonulino
12-14-2013, 10:01 PM
My Rogue recently got the Leg Shot enhancement, and it doesn't seem to be operating the way I expect it to. Specifically, it doesn't seem to proc very often, like 10% or less of the time. I don't know if I am using it wrong, or maybe I just don't understand how it should work. Typically I put auto-attack on and hit tab to target the enemy, Then, while the bolts are flying from the auto-attack, I click the hot bar button for Leg Shot. The description says that it should proc 50% of the time, but I am not seeing anything close to that proc rate.

Kyodaemon
12-15-2013, 12:30 AM
To my knowledge, it should work every time it hits, slowing by 50%. But lots of attempts are wasted due to reloading.

The issue is that if you fire the ability while *reloading* the animation, nothing happens! This will still put the ability on cooldown.

It would be very difficult to time this when auto-attacking, and you'd see a ton of wasted chances (and probably mobs in your face accordingly).

Intensely annoying. Would love confirmation on whether this is common knowledge, and witnessed by other people? :)

obscure.jester
12-15-2013, 09:19 AM
To my knowledge, it should work every time it hits, slowing by 50%. But lots of attempts are wasted due to reloading.

The issue is that if you fire the ability while *reloading* the animation, nothing happens! This will still put the ability on cooldown.

It would be very difficult to time this when auto-attacking, and you'd see a ton of wasted chances (and probably mobs in your face accordingly).

Intensely annoying. Would love confirmation on whether this is common knowledge, and witnessed by other people? :)

confirm. it works all the time unless you trigger it in a reloading animation. devs should modify it accordingly.

Bonulino
12-16-2013, 09:28 AM
So, is this enhancement of any use at all? I am beginning to wonder if my Rogue wasted 2 AP on it.

Adelair
12-20-2013, 08:35 PM
So, is this enhancement of any use at all? I am beginning to wonder if my Rogue wasted 2 AP on it.

It's very useful. It works every time. Even better when an enemy is slowed by Tanglefoot, they're practically paralyzed for a few seconds.

The issue is your use of auto-attack.

I don't know anyone who uses auto-attack, you're the first person I've ever seen that's even mentioned using it.

You get a faster fire rate by timing your clicks with a repeater.

cdr
12-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Repeater reloading will screw up any activated attack, not just Leg Shot. Really annoying and should've been fixed long ago.

Phaeton_Seraph
12-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Are you using a repeater?

I know that with Pin, I had to make a habit of firing at a wall (or anywhere away from the enemy) and ensuring my repeater was reloaded before licking on Pin. Otherwise there was a high likelihood of dry-firing and having to wait on the cool down.

ReaperAlexEU
12-23-2013, 09:02 AM
feel free to bug report the way special attacks fail if the weapon is busy reloading, as much as we can manually ensure we don't use a special attack during a reload the game really should just queue our special attack up for when the reload is finished. bug reporting helps issues like this get noticed.

in the mean time as others have suggested, try getting used to manual fire. there are several situations in the game where auto-fire can get you in some trouble which is why so many players avoid it on ranged characters, so it's a good habit to get into.

also, if you poured a good few points into INT check out the assassin tree, a high INT score will let you have fun insta-killing mobs with the assassinate ability (though it wont work with envenomed blades, another silly bug but envenomed blades is still nice for the boss fight). my mechanic is loving his new assassinate ability and the mix of close range repeater scrapping and sneaking into melee for an assassinate makes for a very active playstyle :)