PDA

View Full Version : Buils request please...WF Archmage 18 wiz/2rog

Jaysun
12-14-2013, 06:27 PM
My wife is a pure sorc and I want to compliment her character with an trapper wizard. I do not like the palemaster play style and just want to be a pure caster with trapping abilities. I have 11 past lives with sorc/wiz/FVS maxed out and a few others here and there. I assume that I would specialize in evoc but all ears for other advice. I do not have experience with wizard much, just rogue. I will be skipping open lock for knock.

Please help me with a build. I plan to start my stats as so...I do have +4 toms to all stats.

8str
6 dex
20 con
18 int
10 wis
6 cha

My wife is the pure dpser and I just want to maximize my dps while still being able to get all traps, and have evade for extra dps.

Please advise of a nice build to maximize my intent please. Unsure when to take feats...rogue levels...and what enhancements to take. I do not plan to take UMD since I can repair myself as I am WF.

Thanks

Coin

voodoogroves
12-14-2013, 06:40 PM
My wife is a pure sorc and I want to compliment her character with an trapper wizard. I do not like the palemaster play style and just want to be a pure caster with trapping abilities. I have 11 past lives with sorc/wiz/FVS maxed out and a few others here and there. I assume that I would specialize in evoc but all ears for other advice. I do not have experience with wizard much, just rogue. I will be skipping open lock for knock.

Please help me with a build. I plan to start my stats as so...I do have +4 toms to all stats.

8str
6 dex
20 con
18 int
10 wis
6 cha

My wife is the pure dpser and I just want to maximize my dps while still being able to get all traps, and have evade for extra dps.

Please advise of a nice build to maximize my intent please. Unsure when to take feats...rogue levels...and what enhancements to take. I do not plan to take UMD since I can repair myself as I am WF.

Thanks

Coin

(1) Don't skip open lock. You won't be able to knock everything, and with lots of INT you should have enough skill points.
(2) Rogue at first, then wizard ... second rogue sometime later (your choice).
(3) Max INT. I basically never put too many points into con - 6 or 10 build points. I put some into STR.
(4) Take UMD, for raise scrolls alone.
(5) I wouldn't focus on evocation - I'd suggest Necromancy or Enchantment.

Is this meant for a heroic life, or to bomb around epics a while?

voodoogroves
12-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Here's something to consider if you're going to mess in epics: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/425312-Just-Shiradi-The-U19-shiradi-standard-(16-wizard-2-favored-soul-2-monk)

Take that platform, swap monk for rogue.

imblo99
07-29-2014, 07:41 PM
I am also looking for something like this for a run to 20 no epics then TR for making soul stones for my crafting and past life Wiz. I need solo ability and survivability so I am guess even if I don't like the pale master line I just may have to for pure toughness. I dont have to like the build it just needs to do it job and TR at 20. Once I have my stock pile of soul stones his toast.