PDA

View Full Version : Confused about HElf and AA

Treefq
12-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Do I take AA enhancements or do I wait to up my race enhancements to get Elf AA and get a new panel? Not sure what happens there.
Also in AA ranger tree it says if I take conjure arrows I lose my Helf ability to conjure arrows, but I don't see that ability anywhere.

Mindos
12-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Do I take AA enhancements or do I wait to up my race enhancements to get Elf AA and get a new panel? Not sure what happens there.
Also in AA ranger tree it says if I take conjure arrows I lose my Helf ability to conjure arrows, but I don't see that ability anywhere.

As a Ranger, you have immediate access to the AA, arcane archer enhancement tree.
As a Helf, you have a RACIAL way to access the AA tree. However, doing it this way costs more AP, action points. Just use the regular AA tree since you already have access.
The Helf conjure arrows ability is in the helf aa tree.

The Elf: Arcane Archer tree uses your total character level instead of Ranger level, but advances Core Abilities at a slower rate. You cannot spend action points in both the Ranger: Arcane Archer and Elf: Arcane Archer trees.)

Treefq
12-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks. I found I thread on AA right after I posted. Cleared up some confusion. I am taking AA stuff. I picked up force arrow. Is that the basic default to use or with all the elemental toggles?

Selchin
12-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks. I found I thread on AA right after I posted. Cleared up some confusion. I am taking AA stuff. I picked up force arrow. Is that the basic default to use or with all the elemental toggles?

Personally, I find Paralyzing arrows really nice vs trash (even on EE, mobs roll a 1 5% of the time). I wouldn't put more than one rank into it though, at least at epic levels. For bosses, force arrow is nice, but if you go all the way to Improved Elemental Arrow, the elemental ones become better (same damage adder, plus a nice little bonus depending on the element).

Inoukchuk
12-11-2013, 09:47 AM
As a Ranger, you have immediate access to the AA, arcane archer enhancement tree.
As a Helf, you have a RACIAL way to access the AA tree. However, doing it this way costs more AP, action points. Just use the regular AA tree since you already have access.
The Helf conjure arrows ability is in the helf aa tree.

The Elf: Arcane Archer tree uses your total character level instead of Ranger level, but advances Core Abilities at a slower rate. You cannot spend action points in both the Ranger: Arcane Archer and Elf: Arcane Archer trees.)

The advantage of taking it through helf is that you can multiclass and still qualify for the capstone. Now if you don't care about the last 1-2 core abilities then this isn't needed. Even if you do want that you can take your abilities through the ranger tree and reset enhancements at 20 (or 18) when you have the pts to spend in both racial and AA.