PDA

View Full Version : Random Mouse Movements?

Aaxeyu
12-09-2013, 06:59 AM
My DDO seems to have a secret effect on whichever mouse I use.

Basically on use, swing camera in random direction, preferably in a direction that either a, makes the user run off the edge in Von 6, or b, turn the user around so he runs back towards the mobs hes kiting.
Note, this effect cannot happen more than 5 timers per minute.

But seriously, I've checked my hardware, I've tested numerous mice, and it still happens. This is clearly not a hardware issue. Any ideas? It's starting to get on my nerves a lot. Only happens in DDO, no other game. Also, it's not character specific :p

I'm running Windows 8.1 (this happened in Windows 7 too, on a different PC), with a high spec PC.

Throw me some ideas please, I'm tempted to play with a controller like Frets... Don't make me do that :P

LawfulGood
12-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Throw me some ideas please, I'm tempted to play with a controller like Frets... Don't make me do that :P

Yes, come to the dark side.... Plenty of room for you here.

ArgentMage
12-09-2013, 01:01 PM
I used to see a lot of drift and snap-back in my mouse while gaming until I turned off
Windows' "Enhance" function, so you could try that:

Control Panel->Mouse->Pointer Options Tab->Uncheck "Enhance pointer precision" in the top pane.

Aaxeyu
02-15-2014, 03:27 PM
I used to see a lot of drift and snap-back in my mouse while gaming until I turned off
Windows' "Enhance" function, so you could try that:

Control Panel->Mouse->Pointer Options Tab->Uncheck "Enhance pointer precision" in the top pane.

I've tried this, I've tried new mice, mice mats, I really don't know what to do, but this is p!ssing me off so much I don't want to play at the moment.

Can a dev, or someone look into this as it's a dealbreaker right now.

Impaqt
02-15-2014, 04:48 PM
I've tried this, I've tried new mice, mice mats, I really don't know what to do, but this is p!ssing me off so much I don't want to play at the moment.

Can a dev, or someone look into this as it's a dealbreaker right now.

Are you playing in Mouselook mode? How do you have your Mouse setup? I dint quite understand how what youa re describing is even possible.. but I use Hold Left Mouse for Mouselook.

Aaxeyu
02-15-2014, 07:22 PM
I use mouse look with the left mouse button clicked. If I'm not using the mouse to look round, it seems fine. It's literally like the mouse spasms and moves the view around.