PDA

View Full Version : The Woes of a Bardcrobat

geomth
12-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Hello, fellow minstrels~!

With the very thorough and extensive preparation of the bardic final life on the main toon I've got all of the mechanics mapped out..but one.
Being an acrobat, and through all various lives, my beloved weapon of choice was Sireth. As I do mostly solo these days, I feel like Enthrallment and Fascinate will now become my greatest allies while soloing EE's. However, I am at a major roadblock, and possibly even more major risk to the integrity and viability of my build for several reasons. Being a very AoE oriented acrobat every life, I had planned to take Cleave, Great Cleave and Eldritch Strike (effectively counts as 2 AoE strikes) along with twisting in Momentum Swing as well as Lay Waste, with the added Cloudburst/Thunderclap effects from Sireth and Reign.

Here is where my problems lie: Will all these things practically ensure the uselessness of my Fascinate/Enthrallment? Should I ditch my beloved Sireth for an Epic Souleater or Dreampiercer? Should I lose Cleave/Great Cleave/Momentum Swing/Lay Waste/Eldritch Strike/Reign to preserve the pacified state of these enemies? I just don't know how to handle this. :c

Any and all help will be most appreciated!

voodoogroves
12-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Fascinate/Enthrall are based on your perform skill, and your DC will rock either way.

Curious - Rogue 2 or 3, Wizard 1 or 2?

jackabat
12-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Hello, fellow minstrels~!

With the very thorough and extensive preparation of the bardic final life on the main toon I've got all of the mechanics mapped out..but one.
Being an acrobat, and through all various lives, my beloved weapon of choice was Sireth. As I do mostly solo these days, I feel like Enthrallment and Fascinate will now become my greatest allies while soloing EE's. However, I am at a major roadblock, and possibly even more major risk to the integrity and viability of my build for several reasons. Being a very AoE oriented acrobat every life, I had planned to take Cleave, Great Cleave and Eldritch Strike (effectively counts as 2 AoE strikes) along with twisting in Momentum Swing as well as Lay Waste, with the added Cloudburst/Thunderclap effects from Sireth and Reign.

Here is where my problems lie: Will all these things practically ensure the uselessness of my Fascinate/Enthrallment? Should I ditch my beloved Sireth for an Epic Souleater or Dreampiercer? Should I lose Cleave/Great Cleave/Momentum Swing/Lay Waste/Eldritch Strike/Reign to preserve the pacified state of these enemies? I just don't know how to handle this. :c

Any and all help will be most appreciated!

I think if you use enthrall, not fascinate, and you're the one cleaving, you can largely control what does and does not break fascinate. Largely your area effects might go to waste, though. (What really breaks fascinate is some other jerk cleaving.) Also, fascinate you know immediately breaks on 1 point of damage, so I don't think it's going to work. Enthrall is much more forgiving, which I think would matter more than all the fascinate enhancements.

Cloudburst--if this is like acid torrent/electric storm et al, it's going to be terrible with fascinate/enthrall--the area of effect may just be too large. I would suspect this is a larger dealbreaker than cleaving, though I've not used a sireth so can't say for sure.

geomth
12-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Fascinate/Enthrall are based on your perform skill, and your DC will rock either way.

Curious - Rogue 2 or 3, Wizard 1 or 2?

1.) Yeah, currently standing at 95, not bad for a deeper split with more gear pointed toward things like DEX/CON.
2.) Actually, 3Rogue/3Sorceror

Enthrall is much more forgiving, which I think would matter more than all the fascinate enhancements.

Cloudburst--if this is like acid torrent/electric storm et al, it's going to be terrible with fascinate/enthrall--the area of effect may just be too large. I would suspect this is a larger dealbreaker than cleaving.

1.) Any idea what the chance of breaking free from Enthrallment is? I'd like to say 25-50% but I'm not sure. :x
2.) Yes, Cloudburst is essentially a sonic/lightning variant of those types of effects. Thinking about it, the proper area affected by both this and the second part of Eldritch Strike have a significantly larger area of effect than my cleaves do, probably by at least double, but more likely triple the area covered. /sigh. Even more to dwell on.

Ahujat
12-13-2013, 09:13 PM
1.) Yeah, currently standing at 95, not bad for a deeper split with more gear pointed toward things like DEX/CON.

Didn't they change this at some point so that the DC is based solely on Perform ranks and your Charisma mod (ie: your +skill items, etc. don't contribute)?

A_Sheep2
12-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Didn't they change this at some point so that the DC is based solely on Perform ranks and your Charisma mod (ie: your +skill items, etc. don't contribute)?

That is what DDOwiki says.