PDA

View Full Version : Build request

txpoodoo
12-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Two of my friends are joining the game and I will be starting a new character with them. In our little trio it was decided that I will handle the traps. (The other 2 will be a dwarf 18/2 Barb/Fighter and the other guy a human 20 caster cleric) It was also decided that we will TR at 20. I am requesting a build that will handle elite traps for our team as well as contribute to damage. I was thinking a repeating xbow toon. My initial thought was a Drow or Human Assassin/Mechanic, however I believe an Artificer might fit the bill too. However I have very little experience with rogues and Artificers and I'm not very good at creating builds, but great at following them. :) Any help? I have all races and classes available. Like I said, it will TR at 20.

I have 32pt builds as well.

Thanks!

Rakuda13
12-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Two of my friends are joining the game and I will be starting a new character with them. In our little trio it was decided that I will handle the traps. (The other 2 will be a dwarf 18/2 Barb/Fighter and the other guy a human 20 caster cleric) It was also decided that we will TR at 20. I am requesting a build that will handle elite traps for our team as well as contribute to damage. I was thinking a repeating xbow toon. My initial thought was a Drow or Human Assassin/Mechanic, however I believe an Artificer might fit the bill too. However I have very little experience with rogues and Artificers and I'm not very good at creating builds, but great at following them. :) Any help? I have all races and classes available. Like I said, it will TR at 20.

I have 32pt builds as well.

Thanks!
If its your first time trapping and you dont know where trap boxes are you can use drow and boost your int/wisdom to pop boxes before you walk through them. It also helps with your party not walking through them as the can see them also.
"Nothing is hidden" is the enhancement, it really helps so you dont have to type "trap" and hope your party sees that in chat. But you need Int and Wisdom. So dont dump wisdom if you plan on using it.
If your going to TR at 20,you can try it without splashing the first life and see if you need it for your second life.Some people splash for evasion but its not really needed for %90 of trapping. There are only a few traps that you have to run through or jump through to get to the boxes.Also you can wear breastplates unlike rouge,so you can take a few hits before you die if you walk through a trap.All of the gear you get from your first life would work for you Human Assassin/Mechanic idea if you decide to go that way on your second life.

Really ranged Arti is such a easy class,its hard to screw it up.

droid327
12-10-2013, 07:35 AM
If you're always going to be running with your team, that opens up a lot of possibilities since self-healing is no longer a priority. Honestly, for that trio you could go two ways...Drow pure Arti caster, where you mainly cast support spells/CCs and your damage SLAs, and you have a full-leveled dog then too, which stays pretty awesome through L20....or go Human 6 Rgr/14 Arti, focused on crossbow DPS with Deepwoods Sniper. Depends what playstyle you like more, both will be able to trap at full power.

in either case, you want to max INT (including levelups), you want at least 19 DEX after tomes by ~L15 (which usually means 16 base, and count on acquiring a +3 tome by then), and then plenty of CON. You should have more than enough skillpoints to max all your relevant skills - trapping, UMD, conc/balance, spellcraft. You should have enough feats for all the relevant crossbow-boosting feats (including Improved Precise Shot), and then enough for Max/Emp/Quicken and SF/GSF:Evo, if you plan your feats out beforehand (ie which ones to take with Class feats and which with general feats).

Artis really aren't that complicated because there's very little tradeoff with their builds; they get to have it all more than any other class.

EllisDee37
12-10-2013, 07:56 AM
The builds linked in my signature are all designed with new players in mind. The two trapper builds are the tempest trapmonkey and pale trapper. Since you'll be grouping with a barbarian and a cleric, I suggest the pale trapper.

txpoodoo
12-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the replies!