PDA

View Full Version : Game So Glitchy I Can't Play

Sugar_Cookie_22
12-06-2013, 06:28 PM
OVERVIEW:
------------------

I downloaded and started playing the game last night. At first it was fine but eventually it started glitching. It steadily got worse and now I can't even play.

CURRENT PROBLEMS:
------------------

Weapon: I can almost never swing my weapon. If I push the button over and over for awhile it might swing a couple times but its rare. If I switch swords it lets me swing it a few times then it stops. Yes, I repaired my weapons.

Movement: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'll move my joystick all over the place and nothing happens. I'll try pressing w a s d keys and nothing happens. Then all of a sudden it starts working again.

Pet: I'm a druid and I have a wolf. At first it would follow me and attack my enemies but now it just stands around and does nothing. I tried putting it in defense mode and other modes, but no difference. It's at full health so I can't see what's wrong with it.

Random Teleportation: Sometimes when I'm walking, I'll suddenly get moved like 10 feet, to a random spot.

Tscheuss
12-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Sounds like lag. :(

Sugar_Cookie_22
12-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Are you sure? Because stuff is still going on around my character. Like if I'm in a fight and my sword stops working, the enemies don't stop hitting me.

If it is lag, do you think it's my internet or the DDO server at fault?

Mindos
12-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Are you sure? Because stuff is still going on around my character. Like if I'm in a fight and my sword stops working, the enemies don't stop hitting me.

If it is lag, do you think it's my internet or the DDO server at fault?

Boy, did you pick a bad time to start playing DDO.

As of late Thurs, and continuing today, DDO servers have been experiencing sporadic lag, disconnects, etc. Please try to stick with the game, and sorry you are having a bad experience. I would say its not normally like this, but that would pull out the negative peeps.

(oops)

Sugar_Cookie_22
12-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Okay, so the problem is definitely the game, and not me? I wasn't sure if it was somehow my fault (or my internet's fault).

Has anything like this ever happened before?

Impaqt
12-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Okay, so the problem is definitely the game, and not me? I wasn't sure if it was somehow my fault (or my internet's fault).

If this is constantly happening, then its on your end.

DDO certainly has some sporatic issues, but what you describe is nowhere near anything that the servers could cause on an ongoing basis.

Mindos
12-06-2013, 11:44 PM

I can't play either, and neither can a lot of others, so don't start thinking its you.

www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/432114-Character-freezing-for-several-hours/

Sugar_Cookie_22
12-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Okay, I just skimmed through that thread.

I also had my character freeze in place. At the time I thought it was my internet (which was being iffy) but now it sounds like it was the glitch. When I logged in the next day (today) it was still frozen for about 30 seconds (internet has been fine all day).

Beyond that I was able to move but the fact I can almost never use my weapon is a big problem.

I hope this is fixed soon.

Edit: WHOA! Just logged in and everybody was standing in one spot. And I couldn't move.

Hendrik
12-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Okay, I just skimmed through that thread.

I also had my character freeze in place. At the time I thought it was my internet (which was being iffy) but now it sounds like it was the glitch. When I logged in the next day (today) it was still frozen for about 30 seconds (internet has been fine all day).

Beyond that I was able to move but the fact I can almost never use my weapon is a big problem.

I hope this is fixed soon.

Edit: WHOA! Just logged in and everybody was standing in one spot. And I couldn't move.

Look in Options for Show Network Status Icon.

I THINK it is ESC>Options>Gameplay.

Checkmark that box. It will show a Network Status Icon on your game window. Not sure where the default loction is, so if you do not see it right away (it is normally green) you might need to move your UI around to find it. Once found, put it in a location where you can easily see it. Now, when you start to notice these problems, hover your mouse over it. A small window will pop up and will give you some basic information. Pay close attention to Packet Loss %.

Take note of that information and let us know what you see.

Sugar_Cookie_22
12-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Okay, I just logged in and made it show the network status icon.

Anyhoo at first everything was fine. I was in the tutorial town. I could run around and I could swing my sword. Then I went out the gate and ran up to an enemy. Tried to swing my sword: nothing. Kept pressing the button: nothing. My pet wolf attacked them but I could do nothing but stand there and get hit.

While this was going on, packet loss was 0.2% which I assume is good, considering it was 0.7% in the town and everything was fine then.

Hendrik
12-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Okay, I just logged in and made it show the network status icon.

Anyhoo at first everything was fine. I was in the tutorial town. I could run around and I could swing my sword. Then I went out the gate and ran up to an enemy. Tried to swing my sword: nothing. Kept pressing the button: nothing. My pet wolf attacked them but I could do nothing but stand there and get hit.

While this was going on, packet loss was 0.2% which I assume is good, considering it was 0.7% in the town and everything was fine then.

Who is your provider?

Time Warner by chance?

Sugar_Cookie_22
12-07-2013, 06:17 PM
No, it's charter.

Edit: Found out if I go into a menu, and then come out, I can use my weapon for about a minute afterward.