PDA

View Full Version : My lvl 23 blues.

bsquishwizzy
12-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Ok, so my rogue Assassin is at lvl 23. I’m beyond what I can craft and twink out, so I need to start looking at decent named gear to replace what I got.

Here’s a rough sketch of what I’ve got:
1) Cannith Crafted helm with 2 augment slots: a CHR +5 item with Blindness Immunity augment and a Wisdom +5 augment,
2) Epic Treasure Hunter’s Spyglass (trinket),
3) Golden Guile (necklace),
4) Epic Cloak of Shadow (Marbar),
5) Bracers with 105% fort and 4% dodge (I think) – random loot.
6) Elite Treads of Falling Shadow.
7) Whisperchain.
8) A crafted ring with feather fall and sneaking +11 (this I believe I can upgrade by crafting).
9) A ring of +6 STR and something else.
10) A +6 Health Belt of +17 balance (random loot again).
11) Tinkers Goggles (upgraded)
12) Tinkers Gloves (upgraded).

I just upgraded to the Whisperchain, and I have the Drow goggles. I have a majority of my bases covered for trapping and Assassination. The problem is, I’m looking for decent replacements for the Tinkers set and the Threads of Falling shadow…and I’m not finding anything.

I want to keep the spyglass the way it is because of True Seeing, UMD, and the Search and Spot bonuses (+20 on each I think). I want to keep the Cloak of Shadow (or whatever it is called) for the Deathblock, ghostly, and DR.I can live with twinking or buying stuff for fort, CON, false life (whisper chain has this anyways), STR, and so on. My problem is that both Treads and Tinkers is lvl 18 gear, and I am not seeing anything in the epic stuff that can even touch it as it comes to trapping, DEX bonuses, and INT (I also get exceptional INT on the Spyglass so that stays).

I was thinking about farming to make the Golden Guile epic, but that’s a basic crapshoot. Eveningstar doesn’t really have a lot of good rogue-ish gear (at least better than what I already have).

Anyone have any suggestions that do not require a lot of farming?

Enguebert
12-09-2013, 01:55 AM
I see you have some crafted items

For your crafting items, you can look for item with green slot, craft (the same as now) but use the green slot to put a blue sapphire (PRR, natural armor or Good luck)
Not a huge boost, but it's rather easy to get it

Rawrargh
12-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Ok, so my rogue Assassin is at lvl 23. I’m beyond what I can craft and twink out, so I need to start looking at decent named gear to replace what I got.

1) Cannith Crafted helm with 2 augment slots: a CHR +5 item with Blindness Immunity augment and a Wisdom +5 augment,
7) Whisperchain.
8) A crafted ring with feather fall and sneaking +11 (this I believe I can upgrade by crafting).

I just upgraded to the Whisperchain, and I have the Drow goggles. I have a majority of my bases covered for trapping and Assassination. The problem is, I’m looking for decent replacements for the Tinkers set and the Threads of Falling shadow…and I’m not finding anything.

I want to keep the spyglass the way it is because of True Seeing, UMD, and the Search and Spot bonuses (+20 on each I think). I want to keep the Cloak of Shadow (or whatever it is called) for the Deathblock, ghostly, and DR.I can live with twinking or buying stuff for fort, CON, false life (whisper chain has this anyways), STR, and so on. My problem is that both Treads and Tinkers is lvl 18 gear, and I am not seeing anything in the epic stuff that can even touch it as it comes to trapping, DEX bonuses, and INT (I also get exceptional INT on the Spyglass so that stays).

I was thinking about farming to make the Golden Guile epic, but that’s a basic crapshoot. Eveningstar doesn’t really have a lot of good rogue-ish gear (at least better than what I already have).

How about swapping your treads of falling shadow with epic treads of falling shadow?
Gloves could go abishai, pdk, backstabber's or lootgen of whatever stats you're missing.

Todkaninchen
12-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Ring of Shadows, but it might take a bit of farming. Even the ML23 Epic one (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ring_of_Shadows_(Level_23)) is +23 to sneak skills, 20% perma-blurr, 10% incorp, and a colorless slot. The ML24 version would get a yellow slot, so you could replace--one-for-one, your Featherfall ring with a big sneak buffer and defensive ring.

(+17 competence bonuses to skills plus ghostly adds another +5 enhancement bonus to sneak skills...)

bsquishwizzy
12-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I was originally going to come in here and give a meandering whine about what I’ve got now, and how there’s nothing out there for me to get, but then the boss walked in…

I’m at lvl 24 now. I gotta say that when leveling my rouge, the wasteland area for gear (not weapons but the other gear) seems to start around lvl 20. It used to be that I had 1 sore-spot, and that was HP. Now it is HP and gear. Some of the suggestions you provided are OK. Mainly I’m upgrading a couple of items I already have by taking them epic.

The thing is, there is SOME decent rogue gear, but you have to do the shard/seal/scroll route to get it. I’d love an epic Golden Guile, but I’ve tried farming the LoD chain for a while now, and I basically haven’t gotten squat. It pretty much is the same for most of that kind of gear. I think I have 2 epic items that I’ve managed to acquire from the epic Ebberon quests, and that’s about it. I wished that Eveningstar had at least a few items I could get from the commodations in King’s Forest, but I honestly don’t see anything better than what I have now. Wasn’t the same for my pally or wizzy.

Now that I’m in range for High Road and GH, maybe I’ll shoot for just a plain EN upgrade to Treads and that Ring of Shadows, and try to cobble together some of the named stuff with some random loot I’ve managed to pick up. It’s going to be an ugly solution.

CThruTheEgo
12-11-2013, 09:00 AM
The thing is, there is SOME decent rogue gear, but you have to do the shard/seal/scroll route to get it. I’d love an epic Golden Guile, but I’ve tried farming the LoD chain for a while now, and I basically haven’t gotten squat. It pretty much is the same for most of that kind of gear. I think I have 2 epic items that I’ve managed to acquire from the epic Ebberon quests, and that’s about it. I wished that Eveningstar had at least a few items I could get from the commodations in King’s Forest, but I honestly don’t see anything better than what I have now. Wasn’t the same for my pally or wizzy.

Now that I’m in range for High Road and GH, maybe I’ll shoot for just a plain EN upgrade to Treads and that Ring of Shadows, and try to cobble together some of the named stuff with some random loot I’ve managed to pick up. It’s going to be an ugly solution.

You're right, there isn't a lot of easily obtainable gear for rogues. Most of the good stuff does require farming. Epic norm High Road and GH stuff is decent and easily obtainable as the chain end reward. That might require repeating the chain a few times to get what you're looking for, but you can even run them on casual just for the chain reward. Wheloon and Stormhorns quest end rewards can also offer some good basic gear options like stats and such.

Feel free to check out the assassin build in my sig for a full gear set up. It's built for endgame and does have some hard to obtain items, but it might at least give you some things to think about.

bsquishwizzy
12-11-2013, 11:34 AM
You're right, there isn't a lot of easily obtainable gear for rogues. Most of the good stuff does require farming. Epic norm High Road and GH stuff is decent and easily obtainable as the chain end reward. That might require repeating the chain a few times to get what you're looking for, but you can even run them on casual just for the chain reward. Wheloon and Stormhorns quest end rewards can also offer some good basic gear options like stats and such.

Feel free to check out the assassin build in my sig for a full gear set up. It's built for endgame and does have some hard to obtain items, but it might at least give you some things to think about.

Yeah, that's a lot of GH stuff.

Well, it looks like I'm farming GH.

Barium
12-11-2013, 03:12 PM

7) Whisperchain.

Where oh where did you get the shard for the Golden Guile? I have heard rumor that the locked chest in servants of the overlord no longer drops shards and that was the only location for pulling that particular shard. Also, I have heard that shard/scroll/seal drops are still messed up on anything but Epic Normal difficulty. Any of this confirmed and if so where would the shard drop?

Teh_Troll
12-11-2013, 03:14 PM

LR+20 into a cleric and hjeal meh!

Panzermeyer
12-11-2013, 04:08 PM

On my rogue, I had an Epic Crafted Spare Hand and Epic crafted Ring of the Stalker, both from the House C Challenges.

Will require a little bit of farming but at least it is guaranteed farming.

Epic Ring of Stalker is +6 seeker, yellow and colorless slot, boost to sneak attack damage
Epic Spare Hand +5 to combat skills, blue and colorless, disable, and open locks, riposte

I also dropped the tinker's gloves for a gloves of the forgotten craft.

I also made myself a blur/displace hp GS bracers.

Other decent bracers are Bracers of the Twisted Shade. But I found that most of what is covered was handled by other stuff, principally the House C items.