PDA

View Full Version : Current Build for Paladin Past Life?

Chewysc
12-06-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm wondering if someone can suggest or point me to a build where I can knock out a Pally past life or two in heroic levels only. Basically levelling to 18 and hold to grind out XP to 20 and then TR again.

My plan was initially to use the Pyrene build though I'm wondering if there's a more efficient build since Pyrene was build for end-game and I'm not planning to go there?

What I have: multi TR'd 36 pt build, +4 tomes to all (+5 to Con), Monk and Half-Elf. What I don't have is Arty, Druid and Half-Orc.

Since my main is a clonk, I have an odd assortment of robes, shortswords and rapiers for TWF but not a great selection of wraps for heoric levels. I also have a SOS and crafting levels to 47 so I can craft some boss beaters where required.

I'm leaning towards evasion (based on what gear I have), self sufficiency and the ability to solo quests and level at my leisure and PUG when it's convenient.

Am I overthinking this? Any advice would be must appreciated!

Wipey
12-06-2013, 03:19 PM
I did 1 rogue/9 monk / 10 pally two or three times. 2 pally levels asap for lol saves + evasion.
Twf x 3, PA ,Cleaves, Skill focus UMD ( so scrollage around 14 ) traps, wisdom level ups.
Or you can go cleric dilly if you don't have ( want ) charisma skills GS.
Or bladep2wforged now of course.

Sure there are other options too :)

Chewysc
12-06-2013, 03:56 PM
I did 1 rogue/9 monk / 10 pally two or three times. 2 pally levels asap for lol saves + evasion.
Twf x 3, PA ,Cleaves, Skill focus UMD ( so scrollage around 14 ) traps, wisdom level ups.
Or you can go cleric dilly if you don't have ( want ) charisma skills GS.
Or bladep2wforged now of course.

Sure there are other options too :)

Nice and very different from a Pyrene build ;)

I should also have noted that I do have various GS accessories (Con-Opp googles, Min 2 helm and Smoke 2 cloak), GS kama's and tripos lightmace for levelling, so I'm relunctant to build another GS item for this toon, hah.

My current build is an updated Valiance build (17 clr, 2 mnk, 1 rog) so I'm familiar with the whole evasion with UMD and trapper skills so your suggestion wouldn't be too far off from my current playstyle.

I do have Bladeforged as well by my understanding is that you have level 15 to 28 in order to TR which would be way more XP / time me thinks?

Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep it in consideration!

Anybody have a THF build to suggest out there?