PDA

View Full Version : AA Enhancement Bonus

Arcanegrin
12-06-2013, 03:48 AM
Planning out a new character for next life and I have a couple of questions. According to wiki the AA core gives: Any bow you equip gains a +1 Enhancement bonus for each arcane archer core ability you possess. (This does not stack with the bow's existing Enhancement bonus.)

So if for instance I'm using a bow of sinew with a +5 enhancement I'm assuming that the first core ability does nothing. Otherwise I suppose it would increase it to +6, +7 .. +10.

If it does increase the enhancement would taking 2 levels of FVS with Warpriest enhancement Righteous Weapons increase the enhancement even more?

PrimalConcreteSledge
12-06-2013, 03:53 AM
Planning out a new character for next life and I have a couple of questions. According to wiki the AA core gives: Any bow you equip gains a +1 Enhancement bonus for each arcane archer core ability you possess. (This does not stack with the bow's existing Enhancement bonus.)

So if for instance I'm using a bow of sinew with a +5 enhancement I'm assuming that the first core ability does nothing. Otherwise I suppose it would increase it to +6, +7 .. +10.

If it does increase the enhancement would taking 2 levels of FVS with Warpriest enhancement Righteous Weapons increase the enhancement even more?

The description is correct. Does not stack with bow's enhancement bonus.

Arcanegrin
12-06-2013, 04:16 AM
Thanks for confirming that. Funny to have a completely useless core ability, even level one gear has +1 enhancement...

Dexraven
12-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Thanks for confirming that. Funny to have a completely useless core ability, even level one gear has +1 enhancement...

Its handy as you can ignore the +x on a bow. You can hold a +1 bow at later levels and it counts as a +5 with 5 core enhancements meaning you get a and effective +x of ghostbane at a lower level because its +x for level restriction

unbongwah
12-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Its handy as you can ignore the +x on a bow. You can hold a +1 bow at later levels and it counts as a +5 with 5 core enhancements meaning you get a and effective +x of ghostbane at a lower level because its +x for level restriction
I suppose it's also useful if you craft your own bows; no need to add a +x shard, which also keeps the ML lower.

voodoogroves
12-06-2013, 09:20 AM
I suppose it's also useful if you craft your own bows; no need to add a +x shard, which also keeps the ML lower.

I am guilty of doing this all the time. Low level Ghost Touch of Greater Incorp Bane on a flametouched base, etc.