PDA

View Full Version : best GS repeating crossbow for a Rogue/arti TR project?

Bolo_Grubb
12-05-2013, 12:57 PM
I am going for several past lives but the final life will likely be 13 rogue/6 arti/ 1 fighter. Will use Crossbows for damage. Each TR will start as a 6 rogue/6 arti and then 8 of what ever past live I am going for at the time.

What GS repeating crossbow will be best? I am considering the following

Lit II
Rad II
Ash II
Sundering Ooze

Are there others I should consider? I will be using this crossbow from level 12 to 20 on several TR lives. I have several Rune arms to pair with the crossbows and still collecting the rune arms I do not have.

voodoogroves
12-05-2013, 01:05 PM
I asked this a while back, here's the thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/425418-GS-repeater-for-a-few-TR-lives

I went with a Rad2. All that sneak damage is glorious.

cdr
12-05-2013, 01:06 PM
If you're only making one, I would do Lit II. You presumably won't have all that many sneak die with 6 rogue, you can't beat the damage of Lit II in most circumstances, and Lit II is way more useful in the devil/demon heavy late heroic content like Vale.

HungarianRhapsody
12-05-2013, 01:08 PM
I am going for several past lives but the final life will likely be 13 rogue/6 arti/ 1 fighter. Will use Crossbows for damage. Each TR will start as a 6 rogue/6 arti and then 8 of what ever past live I am going for at the time.

Lit II
Rad II
Ash II
Sundering Ooze

Are there others I should consider? I will be using this crossbow from level 12 to 20 on several TR lives. I have several Rune arms to pair with the crossbows and still collecting the rune arms I do not have.

LitII has the most DPS for crit/sneak immune mobs and RadII is the best DPS for many Rogues because it blinds your targets and makes them vulnerable to sneak, but there is absolutely no question about which of these is the best. Sundering Ooze is the best because having a zillion pudding pets is just pure awesome.

voodoogroves
12-05-2013, 01:10 PM
If you're only making one, I would do Lit II. You presumably won't have all that many sneak die with 6 rogue, you can't beat the damage of Lit II in most circumstances, and Lit II is way more useful in the devil/demon heavy late heroic content like Vale.

Against foes that are immune to neither, the Lit2 isn't much ahead of the Rad 2 at all. And, you'd be surprised how much sneak damage those rogue levels can pump out.

UurlockYgmeov
12-05-2013, 01:11 PM
I have made 4 GS h.repeaters for Uurlock's varies past lives done and for lives to come.

These are MinII 3Pos Ooze, and Vacuum.

Of these I would strongly recommend 3 of them.

MinII all around solid sustained DPS that bypasses DR and has a stoneskin clickie (up to 210 HP on a arty) to boot.
3Pos (especially with improved critical: ranged) just shreds undead and has a no fail raise dead clickie as well.
The Oozenator. Does good sustained DPS and you can quickly assemble a small army of oozes that draw aggro. Nice thing also - you can send oozes ahead of you by hitting mobs in the farthest hardest reaches of the dungeon.

I had hoped the vacummator (aka Megamaid) would rock - but seems the Dev's have switched her from blow to suck; ToS just doesn't proc.

Now some will swear by LitII I have never used, but that lightning strike does sound cool.

UurlockYgmeov
12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Sundering Ooze is the best because having a zillion pudding pets is just pure awesome.
Been There - Done That. It is pure awesome!

Hairy! You are being swarmed by ooze!

And the first time someone starts attacking your ooze thinking it is an mob? Priceless!

Bolo_Grubb
12-05-2013, 05:13 PM
lol I have a Sundering Ooze repeater on my Assassin rogue and I do enjoy it.

For my mech/arti TR project I was hoping to make one this life and another next life and so on. With Rune arms like the the Hand of the Tombs I have disrupting on any crossbow and so far that is working pretty decent on undead, but I guess a triple pos would be even better. If I can get enough shards before TRing again I will make one.

Just not sure which dual shard repeater to make first, but leaning towards Sundering Ooze. Oozes are just funny and can be helpful.

FestusHood
12-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Rad 2 wins easy in my book, if you get any sort of sneak damage. Keep in mind it has no save, and works in epics.

Blind mobs get a 50% miss chance. The defensive benefits to yourself and your crew are often overlooked.

Thumbed_Servant
12-05-2013, 05:55 PM

Lit II
Rad II
Ash II
Sundering Ooze

I did 6 rog/8 arti/ 6 ftr for life 3 of my planned completionist toon. For that life I crafted a Rad II...I was never disappointed. No save on the special effects, proc on crits (which is 1 in 5 or 20% with Improved Crit Ranged) and not 1-2 percent as other special effects, blinding allows your sneak attack to apply, blinding gives mobs 50% miss chance. It's just win/win. Sure, Lit II can do a massive 600 to a mob, but at 1-2% it's not often, and does overkill sometimes anyway. Blind them, get your sneak attack in, get missed 50% of the time, WOOT! Pick up a Hand of the Tombs rune arm and go to town on undead too.

Todkaninchen
12-05-2013, 07:41 PM
I have a couple artis and a couple rogue mechs (I like the playing style) with a couple of GS bows already made.

I haven't made a Lit II, but I've done an Triple Earth (Earthgrab), a few Triple Pos (Raise dead/Disruption), Radiance II, and Ooze II.

If you can only build one, Triple Pos--for most content--is awesome. Not just undead, but it's all good damage. Combine it with a Tira's Splendor (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Tira%27s_Splendor) and you can break all devil DR plus massacre undead which is most of the upper level bosses. You can be the guy asking for (or casting) Deadly weapons instead of good or silver...

Triple Pos just sucks for vermin and true neutral. For that, I love the Ooze II. With cold and acid, it covers most things immune to fire--i.e. most of the upper level Eberron enemies--reduces AC on bosses and the oozes are awesome for soaking up aggro. The main prod doesn't add damage, just makes it easier for everyone else to hit your target.

Likewise, if you make a Radiance II as your first choice, the Ooze II generally addresses anything that pops up as "immune" to the damage on a Rad II.

Triple Earth is okay, the clicky is nice (CR 12 Dense Earth Elemental) and it's cheap, but the Earthgrab proc doesn't happen often enough, in hindsight. (Just saying based on my experience). Still, decent amount of damage and useful on most things immune to fire.

Still deciding on what my next repeater will be, but Triple Pos (for non-vermin) is really nice and a powerful first GS bow.

ReaperAlexEU
12-06-2013, 06:39 PM
lvl16-20 just flies by with the doublecross bow. not only do you get your sneak attacks in faster due to the mobs low save vs the weapons DC but you also get the helpless 50% bonus to damage as well!

Todkaninchen
12-09-2013, 12:54 PM
lvl16-20 just flies by with the doublecross bow. not only do you get your sneak attacks in faster due to the mobs low save vs the weapons DC but you also get the helpless 50% bonus to damage as well!

Doublecross is nice... Except against bosses and at epic levels. Works very well on vermin and non-boss true neutrals but a Triple Pos gets lots of damage on most poison/high save named bosses. Except for special enemy types--like non-named outsiders where banishing works better, or disrupting if you don't get a Triple Pos--the combo should work pretty well. Add a Quiver of Poison for a little extra damage, add Force Damage eldritch rituals to both bows (+1 force damage per hit), and consider the Wind Howler bracers as well.

I would suggest a Triple Positive bow (with a Tira's Splendor rune arm) for most upper level devil bosses and bosses in general. (Tira's is the lowest ML level IV imbue and uses Light, gives Deathblock, and Silver weapons) with Doublecross for most trash. If you want a second GS bow, throw a Ooze II, Rad II, or Lit II with an eye on doing damage to neutral enemies or enemies with DR other than Holy and/or Silver (with Tira's).

Also, remember that Ranged Alacrity shards can be crafted and added to craftable trinkets... Guess what rune arms are classified as?

G_Lich
01-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Radiance II no question, lit2 is novel, but blinding is invaluable, My 8PL arti uses needle/pinion/rad2 repeater and epic silver/doublecross regularly, rad2 repeater goes from a dps weapon 15-20 (sneak dice) to a utility weapon (Blinding everything in EE for party defense)

Blind mobs miss half the time also, think of it as free displacement, plus blind mobs are now dumb, they'll take half the actions, move around where they normally wouldn't (archers in high positions tend to freak out and come down to swing a bow at you).

Lit2 just has a long echo, because it was loud at one time...