PDA

View Full Version : What to do with rewards box

RumbIe
12-05-2013, 08:38 AM
So I have two rewards boxes for my Int Based Assassin Rogue. STR is the secondary stat for him. Besides a response of "give them to me" :) what two weapons should I get? I was thinking two Balizardes, but does it make sense to get get only one Balizarde and then either an Agony or Celestial? I really have no great epic gear at the moment apart from a Fell Shiv (not great at all I guess).

I know I should be striving for an eMG (and I will), but wanted to get some advice on what to do until then.

Thanks

Krelar
12-05-2013, 09:18 AM
So I have two rewards boxes for my Int Based Assassin Rogue. STR is the secondary stat for him. Besides a response of "give them to me" :) what two weapons should I get? I was thinking two Balizardes, but does it make sense to get get only one Balizarde and then either an Agony or Celestial? I really have no great epic gear at the moment apart from a Fell Shiv (not great at all I guess).

I know I should be striving for an eMG (and I will), but wanted to get some advice on what to do until then.

Thanks

For an assassin with the tier 5 dagger enhancement Agony is higher DPS than balizard. So if pure DPS against non DR targets is your only concern get two agonies.

Balizard has some other nice defensive bonuses on it though so if you don't have the bonuses slotted elsewhere having one in your offhand is not a bad set up either.

If you don't already have some nice specialized DR breakers for bosses celestia is really nice as it will break almost all DR. (Don't try it against the iron golem in VON 5 though)

RumbIe
12-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks. That explained it nicely. I'll have to check to see what I have for him. Haven't played since U19 update and was just about to dust him off some. For a rogue what are most people using as DR breakers these days? Min2 Rapiers? (Or I guess daggers now with tier 5?) I have a couple MofPG daggers for him. Does that even meet the baseline requirement these days for most groups? I'm guess no.

RumbIe
12-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Sorry. To clarify I fully get that different mobs require different DR breakers, but usually there's a few must have staples. Like in Von3 anarchic for the Golem at the end, etc. I guess I meant more general purpose breakers.

CThruTheEgo
12-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks. That explained it nicely. I'll have to check to see what I have for him. Haven't played since U19 update and was just about to dust him off some. For a rogue what are most people using as DR breakers these days? Min2 Rapiers? (Or I guess daggers now with tier 5?) I have a couple MofPG daggers for him. Does that even meet the baseline requirement these days for most groups? I'm guess no.

I use crafted dr breakers on the assassin in my sig.

Krelar pretty much summed up the raider's box options. I would only add that dual wielding Agony is primarily useful against red/purple named mobs that do not have dr. For anything that can be assassinated I prefer Agony in the mainhand and EMG in the offhand so I don't have to swap weapons every 12 seconds. For that reason, I chose 1 Agony and 5 coms just to reduce the com grind. But there are occasionally times when I wish I had taken that second Agony. Just something to consider.