PDA

View Full Version : Shiradi FvS?

Crann
12-04-2013, 04:47 PM
I have an old Evoker which I have been using free LR's on to run through my first real Epic experience with. My playtime up to this point has been leveling a host of alts through multiple TR's....in heroic content.

I played him through the Exalted Angel ED, and he worked pretty well in normal and even in hard content. EE was like hitting a brick wall though.

Then I used the free LR to make him Melee focused and ran up through the LD Destiny. It was fun blitzing with wings and instant self heals/buffs. I reached 28 and Epic Reincarnated as a Shiradi Pure FvS. Felt very weak at first, but got a little more interesting as the Shiradi abilities were gained.

Next I used the LR+20 to throw 7 levels of Sorc in there. It seemed very weird completely disregarding DC and Spell Penn, but it seems thats what you gotta do for EE.

He is a fleshy, and I intend on getting from 20-28 again as such for the EPL.

I have a few questions for those that played simular builds

1. Is Air Savant the way to go. It seemed that way to me with the added sonic spell power, electric loop SLA, and the "Wings"
2. Is there a better split than 13/7. I wanted Heal and BB....and the max number of MM's
3. What is the spell rotation. I have PL:Wiz so I open with free MM to get the temp spell point effect and then Electric Loopp for more free SP if it proccs then Chain missile and MM. Is that the idea, keeping your sp cost down by reactiing to free sp procs?
4. How bad is this split going to be for trips through other Epic Destinies? Was this more of a destination for a Shiradi caster, or was it a build you used to run through all the destinies?
5. Am I wrong for just planning one trip from 20-28, then TR'ing into a toaster? I just reached level 5 Shiradi, it seems pretty fun to play. I doubt I'm healing any raids, so why not just go full out DPS Shiradi sorc or wiz on the next go around?
6. Is anyone still effectively playing an Evoker in EE content? What kind of PL/gear commitment is really neccessary to contribute beyond heals in EE?

Any insight into this/simular build split would be greatly appreciated.

Matuse
12-05-2013, 02:38 PM
1. Is Air Savant the way to go. It seemed that way to me with the added sonic spell power, electric loop SLA, and the "Wings"

Instead of the 5 Sorc for that, you could just go with 2 or 3 Sorc and get the wings from your FvS side.

4. How bad is this split going to be for trips through other Epic Destinies? Was this more of a destination for a Shiradi caster, or was it a build you used to run through all the destinies?

Unless you can twist in Double Rainbow, it's going to be a god-awful slog, to be honest. A huge portion of your power is going to be coming from the Shiradi procs.

5. Am I wrong for just planning one trip from 20-28, then TR'ing into a toaster? I just reached level 5 Shiradi, it seems pretty fun to play. I doubt I'm healing any raids, so why not just go full out DPS Shiradi sorc or wiz on the next go around?

What kind of character you enjoy playing is beyond the scope of anyone's advice. However, the AoV tree provides really huge boosts for the Shiradi caster, since it gives universal spellpower. The temp SP on crits and shoulder cannon are extra goodness on top of that. The temp SP works best with SLAs, which is something to factor into your considerations.

6. Is anyone still effectively playing an Evoker in EE content? What kind of PL/gear commitment is really neccessary to contribute beyond heals in EE?

Offhand, to make this effective you would need 3 PLs each for Wizard, Sorcerer, and FvS. You'll also probably want 3 Arcane Alacrity ePLs, for a 6 second reduction in the cooldown of Implosion. Gonzo-maxxing out of Wisdom, Spell Pen, and Spell Focus: Evoke. You're pretty much stuck in the Exalted Angel destiny, but you'll likely be twisting in +Evocation or +Spell Pen from Magister and/or Draconic.

Oh, and somehow you also have to fit in Necromancy as well, since Evocation only works with Blade Barrier and Implosion (well, it DOES work on other stuff, but it's not other stuff that you want to use). If you're going to be insta-killing stuff, you need single target spells for picking off individual nuisances and for when Implosion is on cooldown.

MotU really slapped around the Evoker concept. It's not completely dead, but it needs so much effort to become even marginally effective, that there's little point to it. A Pale Master will self-heal nearly as well, Instakill an order of magnitude better, and has access to a fairly decent selection of SLAs from the Archmage tree.

Crann
12-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Instead of the 5 Sorc for that, you could just go with 2 or 3 Sorc and get the wings from your FvS side.

Unless you can twist in Double Rainbow, it's going to be a god-awful slog, to be honest. A huge portion of your power is going to be coming from the Shiradi procs.

What kind of character you enjoy playing is beyond the scope of anyone's advice. However, the AoV tree provides really huge boosts for the Shiradi caster, since it gives universal spellpower. The temp SP on crits and shoulder cannon are extra goodness on top of that. The temp SP works best with SLAs, which is something to factor into your considerations.

Offhand, to make this effective you would need 3 PLs each for Wizard, Sorcerer, and FvS. You'll also probably want 3 Arcane Alacrity ePLs, for a 6 second reduction in the cooldown of Implosion. Gonzo-maxxing out of Wisdom, Spell Pen, and Spell Focus: Evoke. You're pretty much stuck in the Exalted Angel destiny, but you'll likely be twisting in +Evocation or +Spell Pen from Magister and/or Draconic.

Oh, and somehow you also have to fit in Necromancy as well, since Evocation only works with Blade Barrier and Implosion (well, it DOES work on other stuff, but it's not other stuff that you want to use). If you're going to be insta-killing stuff, you need single target spells for picking off individual nuisances and for when Implosion is on cooldown.

MotU really slapped around the Evoker concept. It's not completely dead, but it needs so much effort to become even marginally effective, that there's little point to it. A Pale Master will self-heal nearly as well, Instakill an order of magnitude better, and has access to a fairly decent selection of SLAs from the Archmage tree.

Thank you for the advice

Ancient
12-05-2013, 07:20 PM
I worked through a 13 fvs/7 wiz split on the test server and posted my findings here:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/415582-Divine-Reactor-13-FVS-7-Wiz

Before that, I had a direct damage FVS build called NovaSoul which is in my sig. Using NovaSoul, I got all of my destinies to T5. It wasn't bad at all.

Having said that... I just can't compete with an Arcane primary for running EEs. Dvines are hurting at the EE level.

Lifespawn
12-07-2013, 10:39 AM
MY 16 FVS 4 CLERIC works out well I'd like to get enough points to twist in double rainbow but then I lose my tsunami twist and I find the spell to be very effective.

so I will probably end up in shiradi with avenging light and tsunami twisted in or in exalted and skip shiradi it is actually a tough call because it does great direct damage with the avenging light and searing light sla's along with exalted's higher caster levels.

Using Ruin and forced escape for my spell feats ruin is pricey but it's great for when something has to die right now and forced escape does good aoe damage plus has saved me quite a few times in a save or die situation in EE.

Tsunami is underrated imo it is hard to use but does great damage and hits multiple targets plus as a wis based fvs the knockdown works even in EE I'd say around 40% with a 54 wisdom.

Blackheartox
12-16-2013, 10:00 AM
For fsoul life i plan a something silly as well, as i got 2 fsoul and a artie left for triple completionist, im kinda mixing last classes i need with iconics.

Initial plan was to run a 14 fsoul 4 cleric 2 monk.

A light spp focused build with monk for dodge and evasion.

But as i didnt want to do a morninglord but shadar kai mix instead /i know not good synergy but who cares heh, not like ee is hard.

Anways my plan ended up as shiradi 12 fsoul 6 wizzy 2 rogue int based. Dumped bb to get 2 chain missile and bb doesnt have good synergy anyways because of nerve venom which kinda negates point of your bb.

Light spp build would probably be more fun tho.

If i had to make a endgame something fsoul, would probably be 12 fsoul 6 wizzy 2 monk.. Monk because. Well its monk, whats there to hate. With inisghtful reflexes int based water stance /maybe upgrades for stances/ 28% dodge you would gain survivablity. With heighten your chain missile sla and regular chain would be very nice and with archon you would have enless sp.

Seems fun, il prolly run the rogue version after im done with my last pdk druid life /21 atm.