PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelming Critical requirements - wisdom based monk

jb111
12-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi All. I started with a Wisdom-based Monk and hit level 25 recently. I have great cleave and added some epic enhancements (and possibly one level up) into Strength. Overwhelming Critical feat did not show up as I leveled so I assume not enough was put into level ups or something. I would like to lesser reincarnate and squeeze in OC. With 36 points and a +4 Strength tome, what would be the best strategy to get meet the strength requirement? I may want to keep Vorpal Strikes - not sure if it is a waste of points to have both. Would the combo be nasty damage? I'm guessing their will be a cost to switch out Improved MA for Overwhelming Critical
Thanks.

Munkenmo
12-03-2013, 01:45 PM
How high is your wisdom tome? How high is your dex tome? what race are you? These things effect your initial stat distribution.

couple of things to note: enhancements towards str do not count towards feat prerequisites.
epic stat feats do not count towards feat prerequisites

I'm going to assume your a human with +4 str/dex/wis

base stats:

16str +4 tome + first 3 levels
13dex + 4 tome
12con
8int
17wis +4 tome + all remaining levels.
8cha

Just a note, by starting with 13dex and a +4 tome, you won't be able to pick up ITWF and GTWF till levels 15&18 not a big deal on an LR though.

Marten
12-04-2013, 05:33 AM
How high is your wisdom tome? How high is your dex tome? what race are you? These things effect your initial stat distribution.

couple of things to note: enhancements towards str do not count towards feat prerequisites.
epic stat feats do not count towards feat prerequisites

I'm going to assume your a human with +4 str/dex/wis

base stats:

16str +4 tome + first 3 levels (to qualify for OC = 23 Base)
13dex + 4 tome (to qualify for GTWF = 17 Base)
12con
8int
17wis +4 tome + all remaining levels.
8cha

Just a note, by starting with 13dex and a +4 tome, you won't be able to pick up ITWF and GTWF till levels 15&18 not a big deal on an LR though.

As always fTdOmen give good advice with examples to back it up. But just in case you are not a human here is the DDOWiki link:

Overwhelming Critical (http://ddowiki.com/page/Overwhelming_Critical) Passive When rolling a 19 or 20 on an attack with any weapons used by the character, your critical damage multiplier is increased by +1.
Great Cleave
Improved Critical
Strength 23

To be clear, the "Strength 23" can only come from your starting base+tome+any level-ups. Nothing else matters. Epic Feats, Epic Destiny and Items DO NOT count. If you hover your mouse over your STR on the Character Sheet and the Base is not 23, you need to make changes.

I hope this has helped.

jb111
12-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Thanks guys. You've probably saved me a tome :)