PDA

View Full Version : Most important metas?

geomth
12-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Looking to have a pretty special bard build for my final life on the main toon. Though I'll only have 14 levels of bard, what metas are the most important to a melee oriented spellsinger? I'm want empower healing regardless, for cocoon, but are there any more that are completely necessary? I had considered extend also, but I just can't place a finger on the worth of any of the other several.

supott
12-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I did a 12 bard 6 ranger 2 rogue, a 16 Bard 2 fighter 2 rogue, and a Pure

I ended not have any meta's at all.. (except quicken) though i would have enjoyed extend.. I noticed my Empower heal was not making that much of a difference considering the additional mana cost so i dropped it. Even on a pure bard though, i did not pick up Empower/Max/Empower heal. I knew a bard who loved Max on the Ruin feat, if you have no other ranged DPS. I would prefer Quicken over Empower though if i only had to choose between the 2..

geomth
12-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Great to know. Thanks for the help!

BoBoDaClown
12-01-2013, 03:39 PM
I like Emp Heal and Extend on a deep splash

Steevye
12-01-2013, 10:47 PM
I did a 12 bard 6 ranger 2 rogue, a 16 Bard 2 fighter 2 rogue, and a Pure

I ended not have any meta's at all.. (except quicken) though i would have enjoyed extend.. I noticed my Empower heal was not making that much of a difference considering the additional mana cost so i dropped it. Even on a pure bard though, i did not pick up Empower/Max/Empower heal. I knew a bard who loved Max on the Ruin feat, if you have no other ranged DPS. I would prefer Quicken over Empower though if i only had to choose between the 2..

It's not whether or not I notice any difference with empower heal, I just don't see the practicality to it. If you have 700-800 hp, and you can attain 300 pt cure mods without the meta, is it necessary to add anymore? A question posted by a cleric friend to me once, because 1000 pt heals are nice, but why? It [can] take away from other aspects of a character, in this case costing a feat. I'm sure it works fine enough, but I haven't used it in quite some time considering devotion items are doubling what empower does these days and what not. Personally I prefer extend (tried levels 25-28 without it, and ended up getting it back at cap because it was something I'd grown rather accustomed to). I currently am using quicken as well, but I can't argue much for that one other than when using Otto's sphere, because it's painfully long for a cast and concentration checks are iffy on it. It seems like Heighten presents some advantages, but only for lower level spells and not nearly the advantage it does for wizards.

Considering some of the nice stuff you can attain from Magister, Draconic, and Fatesinger, metas for bards aren't really as attractive to use anymore. Until they offer more than 4 evocation spells (and more than 1 that is even remotely usable past level 18), any spellpower increasing meta just isn't interesting enough to invest in.