PDA

View Full Version : in undead form what can I do when helpless due to stats?

garlor
11-26-2013, 06:34 AM
got a stat to 0 while in undead form, what are the possibilities to get rid of it without getting out of undead form?, afaik restoration pots don't work

zachxr100
11-26-2013, 06:47 AM
Currently, absolutely nothing besides die or drop form and have someone restore you, supposedly if you use harm scrolls which are rather rare you can restore stat damage on undead much like heal does to living, but that still won't help you are at 0 in a stat because even fleshies can't do anything at 0.

Miow
11-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Currently, absolutely nothing besides die or drop form and have someone restore you, supposedly if you use harm scrolls which are rather rare you can restore stat damage on undead much like heal does to living, but that still won't help you are at 0 in a stat because even fleshies can't do anything at 0.I wonder if any of the ddo store potions work? Try some of those.

FAQ
11-26-2013, 07:12 AM
I think the Lesser Harper Pin (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Harper_Pin,_Lesser) and Greater Harper Pin (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Harper_Pin,_Greater) allow you to leave the helpless condition (but they don't clear the stat damage) if have have them from another life.

Then you can use rare Harm scrolls or a even rarer harm clicky (Circle of Hatred (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Circle_of_Hatred)).

Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

zachxr100
11-26-2013, 07:47 AM
I think the Lesser Harper Pin (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Harper_Pin,_Lesser) and Greater Harper Pin (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Harper_Pin,_Greater) allow you to leave the helpless condition (but they don't clear the stat damage) if have have them from another life.

Then you can use rare Harm scrolls or a even rarer harm clicky (Circle of Hatred (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Circle_of_Hatred)).

Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

You can use them to remove stat damage, but if your at 0 you have never been able to use anything (not even something as simple as drinking a lesser pot as a fleshy)

Now the Harper pins i completely forgot, and I have no idea about as the time i earned mine was back when they were able to cure me of helplessness and not able to be used while helpless, so i trashed it. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

Just an additional thought on the inability to drink a pot while at 0 stat i can understand at stuff like 0 int (too dumb to drink), 0 str (Pot too heavy?), 0 dex (completely missed your target when trying to drink), 0 wis (forgot you had pots to begin with), 0 Con (too tired to drink said pot, could go all scientific and say metabolism has slowed to where the pot has no effect because your metabolism just tanked, but its a game) but i can't think of one for 0 Cha (can't drink a pot because i'm not pretty enough?)

Theolin
11-26-2013, 08:08 AM
You can use them to remove stat damage, but if your at 0 you have never been able to use anything (not even something as simple as drinking a lesser pot as a fleshy)

Now the Harper pins i completely forgot, and I have no idea about as the time i earned mine was back when they were able to cure me of helplessness and not able to be used while helpless, so i trashed it. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

Just an additional thought on the inability to drink a pot while at 0 stat i can understand at stuff like 0 int (too dumb to drink), 0 str (Pot too heavy?), 0 dex (completely missed your target when trying to drink), 0 wis (forgot you had pots to begin with), 0 Con (too tired to drink said pot, could go all scientific and say metabolism has slowed to where the pot has no effect because your metabolism just tanked, but its a game) but i can't think of one for 0 Cha (can't drink a pot because i'm not pretty enough?)

CHR: One does not care that others care tha one is running around in a circle screaming like a spoiled little brat

zachxr100
11-26-2013, 08:16 AM
CHR: One does not care that others care tha one is running around in a circle screaming like a spoiled little brat

Made me chuckle but doesn't fit the rest as it includes others where all the others would be physical defects on your toon as too why you can't drink said pot/ cast some scroll or something, but sure beats the inability to drink pots because i'm not pretty enough.

Eth
11-26-2013, 08:18 AM
When one of your stats reaches 0 you can move and that's pretty much everything you can do.
You can also scream "Hjeal me!", but since you are undead - "Harm me!"?

ArcaneArcher52689
11-26-2013, 08:28 AM

+1 for this

And for 0 cha, i'd say you've lost the inspiration to drink a pot

zachxr100
11-26-2013, 08:38 AM
+1 for this

And for 0 cha, i'd say you've lost the inspiration to drink a pot

That one will work

Sorry for stealing your post OP but was just on my mind and i feel like sharing my mind whether wanted or not, but to go back towards the actual post of this forum the only way to remove stat damage from undead is drop form, die, orcast harm/have it cast on you.

bsquishwizzy
11-26-2013, 01:24 PM

Because you have no self-confidence at all to assume that what you do will work. So you sit there in a poll of indecision and despair.

It’s kinda like the office, except with swords and sorcery…