PDA

View Full Version : Bladeforged Paladin question

Sehenry03
11-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Since I have 3 wiz, 3fvs and 3 sorc past lives...my next life I am gonna stay my sorc build for a long time. Would I be better off to go bladeforged paladin since they don't have -2 to cha? I have never done an iconic. If I do TR into a bladeforged will I immediately be back to 15 and rdy to lvl up to 28 with all my previous past lives as well as the bladeforged perks?

Sierim
11-26-2013, 03:00 AM
Relative to WF, yes, Bladeforged is better for sorcs. You lose 2 Dex and start with 45% healing amp in exchange for 8 base Charisma, slashing resistance, and a few other small bonuses, but neither penalty is much of a hindrance for an arcane class.

Also, yes, you start at 15 when TRing into an iconic and keep your previous past lives (barring any TRing bugs).

unbongwah
11-26-2013, 11:55 AM
The only drawbacks to TRing into Iconics are (A) you can't TR again until you hit level cap (28 now, 30 later); and (B) if you want to get rid of your initial class level, you have to do an LR +1 after leveling to 15. [Fortunately, BF sorc 18 / pal 2 is still a good combo, so even that isn't necessary.]