PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tips on my 18Sorc/2Rog build please!

Rhaynger
11-25-2013, 01:00 AM
I quit playing around the Vale coming out after doing a few raids. Recently got back into the game and have gotten the tokens to TR my Cleric. I have a 19wiz/1rog but that was easy to have the needed stats and such to get both traps as well as CC/Buffs like I wanted him to. I'm wanting to be a bit more of a power house, having evasion, ability to do traps as well as blowing down the enemies on Epic Normal or Hard(at least) solo. Any tips would be appreciated.. I'm fairly new to multi-classing and would enjoy some feedback from someone that has maybe tried this or could point me in the right direction!

It doesn't have to go through 8 Epic levels, but I did want to toy with it to see what I would/couldn't miss out on.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 28 Lawful Good Drow Female
(2 Rogue \ 18 Sorcerer \ 8 Epic)
Hit Points: 288
Spell Points: 2045
BAB: 10\10\15\20
Fortitude: 9
Reflex: 9
Will: 20

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(30 Point) (Level 1) (Level 28)
Strength 8 8
Dexterity 10 10
Constitution 14 16
Intelligence 14 16
Wisdom 8 8
Charisma 20 29

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 2
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 2
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 28)
Balance 4 12
Bluff 5 17
Concentration 4 24
Diplomacy 5 17
Disable Device 6 34
Haggle 9 21
Heal 1 9
Hide 0 8
Intimidate 5 17
Jump 3 11
Listen -1 9
Move Silently 0 8
Open Lock 4 12
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 2 11
Search 6 32
Spellcraft 4 26
Spot -1 9
Swim -1 7
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device 9 23

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Force of Personality
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Cleric

Level 2 (Sorcerer)

Level 3 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Spell Focus: Evocation

Level 4 (Sorcerer)

Level 5 (Sorcerer)

Level 6 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell

Level 7 (Sorcerer)

Level 8 (Sorcerer)

Level 9 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell

Level 10 (Sorcerer)

Level 11 (Sorcerer)

Level 12 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Heighten Spell

Level 13 (Sorcerer)

Level 14 (Sorcerer)

Level 15 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Spell Penetration

Level 16 (Sorcerer)

Level 17 (Sorcerer)

Level 18 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Penetration

Level 19 (Sorcerer)

Level 20 (Sorcerer)

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Spell Penetration

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Evocation

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Epic Skill Focus (Arcane)

Level 27 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Spell Focus: Evocation

Level 28 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Electricity

thesnoman
11-25-2013, 08:50 AM
18/2 Sorc/Rogue is great for leveling, but you likely will not have the skills to do traps on Epic Difficulty if you want to be able to self-heal.

The problem is that the synergy between Sorcerer and Rogue just isn't there for high level content. Sorcs are Charisma based, while the skills that matter on a rogue are Intelligence based.

The synergy you get from Wizard/Rogue is just so much better than Sorcerer/Rogue that I can't even go through the pros/cons of the builds...there are so many more pros to Wiz/Rogue and cons to Sorc/Rogue.

SO here's my advice...scrap the idea if you want to be able to do traps in high level content and build a Wiz/Rogue.

If you want to be really powerful at end game go Air Savant/Fire Savant 18Sorc / 2Pally. You lose evasion and the ability to do traps, but you gain huge saves and will have knockdown immunity and wings.

Panzermeyer
11-25-2013, 10:12 AM
I quit playing around the Vale coming out after doing a few raids. Recently got back into the game and have gotten the tokens to TR my Cleric. I have a 19wiz/1rog but that was easy to have the needed stats and such to get both traps as well as CC/Buffs like I wanted him to. I'm wanting to be a bit more of a power house, having evasion, ability to do traps as well as blowing down the enemies on Epic Normal or Hard(at least) solo. Any tips would be appreciated.. I'm fairly new to multi-classing and would enjoy some feedback from someone that has maybe tried this or could point me in the right direction!

It doesn't have to go through 8 Epic levels, but I did want to toy with it to see what I would/couldn't miss out on.

If you are doing it for a sorc past life, then it is fine. As an end game build I would never do this.

You are sacrificing COn for higher int. You higher int is never going to be high enough to max out your skills to be viable in the later Epic content. You DEFINITELY won't be able to trap in EE, and may have difficulty even doing EH.

In Epic you evasion is going to be marginal at best, as your dex is low and your reflex saves are not going to be that high, thus you will not make a number of your evasion saves.

Also are you planning completionist? The cleric past life, really only gets you a bonus to web, practically speaking. So if you don't have greater plans for this toon, I'd really question the route you are going.

I am with snow if you are looking for end game. Splash Pally for a hugh boost to saves. Or even splash FvS for a boost to spell power.

If you are really looking for evasion and trapping, go 18 Wiz/2 Rog.

Rhaynger
11-25-2013, 11:31 AM
I didn't plan on sitting at cap on this toon. I'm not necessarily going for completionist but Cleric was just the toons original life. I'm wanting to level fairly quick while soloing getting the most out of each quest, hence the Rogue splash for traps. I'm interested in the 18Sorc/2Paladin build for the saves and self heal capabilities and am willing to scrap the Rogue for it. After doing some research I've seen that people have failed EE Cabal traps with 77 Disable and I know I wont be even remotely close to those numbers.

That being said, I've done Wizard/Rogue before and I felt lackluster at best playing the caster role due to conservation of spell points and little no to AOE control compared to Sorcerer. Thank you guys for your input. I'm going to look into doing a Sorc/Pal then :^)

thesnoman
11-25-2013, 11:55 AM
I guess I've got a question for you - are you TRing or LRing?

If you're TRing, make it even better and go Warforged instead of Drow. The self sufficiency (quickened repair) of Warforged as a Sorcerer more than makes up for the -4 Charisma compared to Squishy squishy Drow, (unless you're going for a CC-type Sorc, which really doesn't work well without several past lives)

Also - I looked more into your build - ditch Spell Penetration as a Sorc - you're going to want to cast damage spells that don't need to penetrate Spell Resistance.

I'm also with Panzer about going FvS for a boost to Spell Power, but then you want to take Fire spells for your Primary Damage Spells - You may also lose wings depending on how you allocate your Enhancement Points.

If you want to stay at end game for a while, and you have the Shiradi Champion tree opened up, you may also consider looking at the "Toaster of Vengeance" in my signature. 14/4/2 Sorcerer/FvS/Pally. You'll never worry about your blue bar again with that build.

Rhaynger
11-25-2013, 12:03 PM
TRing. I've thought about going Warforged but sometimes RL funds can't get farmed enough and I run out of VIP and don't want to be stuck not being able to play the most fun toon I've got, hence the reason my 19Wiz/1Rog isn't the product of this TR :P

So Evocation spells doesn't apply to targets spell resistance? Oh my.. Thank you :^)

thesnoman
11-25-2013, 01:59 PM
TRing. I've thought about going Warforged but sometimes RL funds can't get farmed enough and I run out of VIP and don't want to be stuck not being able to play the most fun toon I've got, hence the reason my 19Wiz/1Rog isn't the product of this TR :P

So Evocation spells doesn't apply to targets spell resistance? Oh my.. Thank you :^)

Most don't - the only ones Sorcs occasionally use are Finger of Death and any Hold Spells.

Get spells like the ones listed below (get ones you're taking a savant in):

Fireball
Delayed Blast Fireball
Lightning Bolt
Chain Lightning
Missile Spells if you plan on going Shiradi (Magic/Chain/Force)
Scorching Ray (Low level as it's a Level 2 SPell or if you're going Shiradi)
Polar Ray
Firewall
Ice Storm
Acid Rain
Acid Blast
Melf's Acid Arrow
Eldar's Electric Surge
Niac's Biting Cold
Black Dragon Bolt

None of the above need Spell Penetration.