PDA

View Full Version : Passive ki regen?

mikarddo
11-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Apart from Ocean stance what are the ways to improve passive ki regen rate?

unbongwah
11-24-2013, 07:38 PM
Contemplation (Henshin) boosts passive ki regen by 1; so does Enlightenment (GMoF). Stealthy (Ninja) boosts it by 1 while sneaking.

Asmodeus451
11-24-2013, 07:41 PM
there are several items which (IIRC) can boost passive Ki gen, but i cant recall exactly which ones ATM

EDIT: Disregard, seems i was mistaken, there IS however the Enhanced Ki (http://ddowiki.com/page/Enhanced_Ki) effect, which adds +1 Ki on hit

sephiroth1084
11-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Contemplation (Henshin) boosts passive ki regen by 1; so does Enlightenment (GMoF). Stealthy (Ninja) boosts it by 1 while sneaking.

This is basically it.

Ocean Stance III and IV
Contemplation rank III
Enlightenment rank III
Stealthy rank III (while sneaking)
Balance In All Things (final innate ability in Grandmaster of Flowers)

So, that's a total of 5, when sneaking.

On my 10k Stars pure-archer, I always have either Contemplation or Enlightenment, and swap to Ocean when running around, buffing, or waiting. I liked having Stealthy, but I needed the AP for more pressing concerns. Having both Contemplation and Enlightenment was nice, and bundling those with Stealthy and Ocean was fantastic, but overkill.

It would be nice if we could get an item for endgame with +1 passive regen on it, but I don't see that happening (and hopefully not handwraps, but an accessory or armor).

mikarddo
11-25-2013, 02:11 AM
Thank you all for the replies. Much appreciate the detailed info.

TeacherSyn
11-25-2013, 10:58 AM
This is basically it.

Ocean Stance III and IV
Contemplation rank III
Enlightenment rank III
Stealthy rank III (while sneaking)
Balance In All Things (final innate ability in Grandmaster of Flowers)

So, that's a total of 5, when sneaking.

On my 10k Stars pure-archer, I always have either Contemplation or Enlightenment, and swap to Ocean when running around, buffing, or waiting. I liked having Stealthy, but I needed the AP for more pressing concerns. Having both Contemplation and Enlightenment was nice, and bundling those with Stealthy and Ocean was fantastic, but overkill.

It would be nice if we could get an item for endgame with +1 passive regen on it, but I don't see that happening (and hopefully not handwraps, but an accessory or armor).

You missed two.

Way of the Tenacious Badger (Henshin Mystic animal form): +1 passive regeneration when HP is <=50%
Serenity (Henshin Mystic level 20 core enhancement): +1 passive ki regeneration

Since Mystics use ki much like spell points and (unlike true spell casters) can't get "ki potions", they get an extra bonus. They also gain abilities for up to 3 extra Meditations (5 total) for ki regeneration from their enhancements. This makes the Mystic the most capable ki regenerator (if other class trees and stances are used) at +6/7. My Mystic at L23 regenerates so rapidly when standing still that her bar reaches 7/8 capacity all by itself. On Meditating, it zooms to +12.

sephiroth1084
11-27-2013, 02:12 PM
You missed two.

Way of the Tenacious Badger (Henshin Mystic animal form): +1 passive regeneration when HP is <=50%
Serenity (Henshin Mystic level 20 core enhancement): +1 passive ki regeneration

Since Mystics use ki much like spell points and (unlike true spell casters) can't get "ki potions", they get an extra bonus. They also gain abilities for up to 3 extra Meditations (5 total) for ki regeneration from their enhancements. This makes the Mystic the most capable ki regenerator (if other class trees and stances are used) at +6/7. My Mystic at L23 regenerates so rapidly when standing still that her bar reaches 7/8 capacity all by itself. On Meditating, it zooms to +12.

True. I didn't recall Badger, because I consider it one of the weaker options for Animal Forms (Crane is better for generating Ki, and Tortoise or Monkey are better if you don't care about it, such as for a monkcher). Having to be under 50% HP is a rather harsh requisite.

And as for Serenity...I really liked it as the old monk capstone, but now, unless you're using a quarterstaff, spending 40 AP in the Henshin tree is awful.

Still, you're correct that I forgot two, so the maximum possible passive Ki regen is 7 if you are both sneaking and under half health.

unbongwah
11-27-2013, 02:37 PM
And as for Serenity...I really liked it as the old monk capstone, but now, unless you're using a quarterstaff, spending 40 AP in the Henshin tree is awful.
And if you're a staff build, you'll most likely want at least a rog splash for +15% atk speed from Acrobat; in which case, you also can't take the Henshin capstone. So it's basically useless. :rolleyes:

cdr
11-27-2013, 02:42 PM
For a monkcher, I don't need more than one regen effect. Contemplation is the "cheapest" for a monkcher. If you have ~80 concentration, you can get off a dozenish 10KS before your ki bottoms out. Helps if you switch to Ocean while running/not fighting too.

sephiroth1084
11-29-2013, 07:09 PM
For a monkcher, I don't need more than one regen effect. Contemplation is the "cheapest" for a monkcher. If you have ~80 concentration, you can get off a dozenish 10KS before your ki bottoms out. Helps if you switch to Ocean while running/not fighting too.And also remember that if you're running around in Earth stance, any hits you take will also give you a Ki point, which will add to that buffer.

I don't have nearly 80 Concentration on my monkcher, yet I find that I rarely am out of Ki when 10K Stars is off timer. I swap to Ocean stance on occasion to regen Ki while running/buffing/waiting as well. I'd say that the only times I find I'm short are in prolonged fights where I'm not getting hit at all...such as an EE boss fight where I'm kiting.