PDA

View Full Version : 1 Morninglord Cleric/14 Sorcerer Eldritch Knight

Set
11-23-2013, 09:47 PM
I made a new iconic Level 1 Morninglord Cleric/14 Sorcerer. I choose Morninglord because I get Cure Light Wounds for self heals and some good gear to start with. I have Heavy Armor proficiency from Cleric. I like the shield and 1d10 Heavy Mace that is included.

So far I went to Tier 5 in the Eldritch Knight tree, with some points in Cleric Warpriest tree to get Divine Might. Feats so far: Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Shield Mastery, Maximize, Mental Toughness.

16 Strength- level ups
10 Dex
14 Con
10 Int
10 Wisdom
16 Charisma

With all of the Sorcerer self buff spells (Blur, Stoneskin, Displacement, Haste, Greater Heroism, etc.) and the Eldritch tree Shield spells buffs, this character seems very powerful so far.....

Are my Feats right so far? Is Maximize needed? Or replace it with Extend? I don't cast much, but it helps Cure Light I guess.

I wanted Improved Shield Mastery but my BAB wasn't high enough....My BAB is good though with Tensors Transformation. What other 5 class levels should I take? 2 Pally?.....Thoughts? Help? Thanks....

AtomicMew
11-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Why would you do that if you have access to bladeforged?

Set
11-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Why would you do that if you have access to bladeforged?

I don't have access to Bladeforged, just the other 3 iconics. I think Eldritch tree benefits sword/board, and Morninglord comes with a nice mace/shield plus Charisma gear which Sorcerer needs.. I guess I could buy Bladeforged if you think it is way better for a Sorcerer Eldritch Knight?

Set
11-28-2013, 10:58 PM
I went ahead and bought the Bladeforged paladin class. With 2 levels paladin and 13 levels of sorcerer, this character is very powerful using the full THF line with a greatsword...plus I have great saves, great buffs, and good self healing...

Scrag
12-04-2013, 09:59 AM
I went ahead and bought the Bladeforged paladin class. With 2 levels paladin and 13 levels of sorcerer, this character is very powerful using the full THF line with a greatsword...plus I have great saves, great buffs, and good self healing...

I did this with bard/cleric/sorc instead, and its fantastic. It isn't going to go crush anyone with damage, but for a solo build, it rocks socks. I went morninglord 1cleric/5sorc/9 bard to test, and was able to easily cruise through content on normal in eveningstar.

You might say, well normal sucks, why not elite or hard? Frankly, many reasons. Default morninglord equip is, well, not exactly the best for this kind of build. Also, I had no idea what spells were best picks, and I went it naked of spell components, so if I couldn't cast it without components, it wasn't being cast. Things like haste fell into this group... Also, I forgot to go this with ranks in perform, so I couldn't do any songs either. :| I could, however, rock sla shield and mage armor (great ac and prr bonuses from the two), rage, and divine might. Divine might made a massive difference in damage output, even just doing 1 handed with improved crit on the slightly above average mace.

That being said, given the great ease I was able to cruise through the content, I am confident that with greensteel equip, more appropriate multiclass equip, better weapons, and spell components, I could solo hard, and probably elite, assuming I don't hit a trap heavy quest.

As is, I had 1200 sp and 270 hp after my +12 from shield hp bonus. The shield autoregen feature is exceedingly nifty.

Set
12-12-2013, 08:11 PM
I did this with bard/cleric/sorc instead, and its fantastic. It isn't going to go crush anyone with damage, but for a solo build, it rocks socks. I went morninglord 1cleric/5sorc/9 bard to test, and was able to easily cruise through content on normal in eveningstar.

You might say, well normal sucks, why not elite or hard? Frankly, many reasons. Default morninglord equip is, well, not exactly the best for this kind of build. Also, I had no idea what spells were best picks, and I went it naked of spell components, so if I couldn't cast it without components, it wasn't being cast. Things like haste fell into this group... Also, I forgot to go this with ranks in perform, so I couldn't do any songs either. :| I could, however, rock sla shield and mage armor (great ac and prr bonuses from the two), rage, and divine might. Divine might made a massive difference in damage output, even just doing 1 handed with improved crit on the slightly above average mace.

That being said, given the great ease I was able to cruise through the content, I am confident that with greensteel equip, more appropriate multiclass equip, better weapons, and spell components, I could solo hard, and probably elite, assuming I don't hit a trap heavy quest.

As is, I had 1200 sp and 270 hp after my +12 from shield hp bonus. The shield autoregen feature is exceedingly nifty.

Interesting build. Did you go to Tier 5 in EK tree and use Tensors? What do all of the Bard Levels get you? What are you main stats, Strength and Charisma? I'm looking for something different to play with good melee dps/buffs...

I'm thinking Bladefoged though instead of Morninglord for the good repair spells...

Rhaphael
12-13-2013, 06:36 AM

Wouldn't wizard be better than sorc in that build? I know bard and sorc have the CHA stat in common, but you're not likely to use it on a sorc to cast anyway. Wizard 5 gives you 2 extra feats, which every bard build can use.

I assume you meant to go for morninglord 14 bard / 5 sorc / 1 cleric? I tried it out in the planner (with 5 wizard instead of 5 sorc) and I like the concept of a melee bard utilizing the EK tree in combination with divine might. However I was very much short on AP points, so many good things to get and only 80 points :(.

Scrag
12-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Wouldn't wizard be better than sorc in that build? I know bard and sorc have the CHA stat in common, but you're not likely to use it on a sorc to cast anyway. Wizard 5 gives you 2 extra feats, which every bard build can use.

I assume you meant to go for morninglord 14 bard / 5 sorc / 1 cleric? I tried it out in the planner (with 5 wizard instead of 5 sorc) and I like the concept of a melee bard utilizing the EK tree in combination with divine might. However I was very much short on AP points, so many good things to get and only 80 points :(.

Sorc for spellpoints. I went tier 5 for tensors. Right now I have a 42 str and a 38 cha at level 16. You can get around cooldowns on specific healing spells by using a lower grade like serious and crit, instead of relying entirely on crit. I went blue dragon plate and elite shamanic fetish for universal, devotion, and other assorted spell bits. I run 1330 sp and 320 hp. With haste up I get a pretty large number of attacks that do (for a bard) a reasonable amount of 40 raw damage + 7-15 additional damage from various procs.