PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Server Restarts, 7:30 PM Eastern (-5 GMT), Nov 21st

Pages : [1] 2

Tolero
11-21-2013, 01:10 PM
UPDATE 8:18 PM Eastern: Server restarts are complete. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you in game!

---
To clear up lingering instability from today's downtime, the following servers will be restarted within the next 30 minutes:

- Cannith
- Ghallanda
- Argonnessen
- Orien
- Wayfinder

We expect the downtime to last around 20 minutes. Thanks for your patience!

---

6:23 PM Eastern (-5 GMT): At this time all worlds are available. Thanks for your patience and we'll see you in game!

---

5:30 PM Eastern (-5 GMT): Our tech team has made progress, and they are currently going through the final stages of verification on the servers before they will then be open for players. Stand by for more information once the worlds are available.
---

4:24 PM Eastern (-5 GMT): We do not yet have an ETA for when the worlds will be available. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the server issues.
---
2:10 PM Eastern (-5 GMT): We are currently investigating connection issues with the DDO game servers. Thanks for your patience!

susiedupfer
11-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Thank you for addressing this so quickly!

yynderjohn
11-21-2013, 01:12 PM
We are currently investigating connection issues with the DDO game servers. Thanks for your patience!

I told you to feed and water the hamsters!

Rubix
11-21-2013, 01:13 PM
We are currently investigating connection issues with the DDO game servers. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for the update. Amazing update! On *this* forum, instead of FB/Twitter. I feel special :)

Looking forward to being back in soon.

Ino-San

Indeed. :D

viktorserak

Wow... this was.... fast.

Seriously, this was hell of a fast reaction.

lostNwords
Thanks for the update. Amazing update! On *this* forum, instead of FB/Twitter. I feel special :)

Looking forward to being back in soon.

Ditto!! Appreciate the quick update on the forum!

Anthorin1
11-21-2013, 01:14 PM

Unfortunately they are referring to the failure last week. ;-)

katz
11-21-2013, 01:15 PM
i think that was the fastest response i've seen to something like this. bravo on that.

hope it's something minor, tho. >.>

Craigrx1
I was just in the midst of The bloody Crypt and SO wanted to take down the vampire but it will have to wait OH Well

beta1
Too many people are playing when they should be working, so Turbine is trying to improve the world economy by getting people back to work!

pcgamer1971
11-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Here I thought it was my ISP.

IShudBWorking
thank you for the rapid info.

LucasMacKinnon
nice fast response time. We do appreciate it instead of being left in the dark so to speak

Vellrad
thank you for actually doing your job while you're at work!

ftfy

Dandonk
11-21-2013, 01:17 PM
I bet it was because I finished yet another life on my completionist project. Or maybe it because I typed too much in party chat. Or because I cast teleport. Or...

Anyway, it's bound to be my fault!

Thorgi
the cleaner unplugged the login server to use the hoover again...

Culver.Civello
As I was JUST getting ready to log on... And begin my new TR life for one of my characters (that has been first life for way too long). >.< heh.

Oh well... appreciate the update!

Nyata
bet one of them was playing and got kicked too ;) or whoever tripped over the server cables made a lot of noise falling over.
sarcasm off, thanks for the quick reaction and telling us that you are looking into it!

jalont
This has to be some sort of record. I don't think I've ever seen every server crash at once.

schelsullivan
11-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Oh man, I was in the middle of editing all these reports and bam!, oh wait, I am still at work? oh well who cares!
Just fix it before 6pm EST!

PermaBanned
11-21-2013, 01:19 PM

Probably helps that it's the middle of their business day this time... More staff, less inturns ;)

Eth
11-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Wow that was quick. It's always good to know if you're aware of it when such things happen and we know you're already working on it. Thanks for the information!

Grosbeak07
This has to be some sort of record. I don't think I've ever seen every server crash at once.

This week.

onixspider
thanks for looking into this i was like whoa, maybe its just me? glad to know its not! thought it was an unscheduled, unannounced maintenance or something

danotmano1998
11-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Too many people are playing when they should be working, so Turbine is trying to improve the world economy by getting people back to work!

If this was the case, the forums would have went down too, no?

Yunico
11-21-2013, 01:22 PM
If this was the case, the forums would have went down too, no?

touché

jalont
This week.

The servers didn't crash this week. They lost power and lost everything. This is just game servers. Patch servers and log-in servers are still active.

This is something totally different. Just not sure what. lol

jessman615
Hope this gets resolved quicker than last time. 8)

Chaimberland
11-21-2013, 01:24 PM
I told you to feed and water the hamsters!

This was funny first 1,000 times I heard it, now its lost its luster somewhat.

jalont
11-21-2013, 01:25 PM
This was funny first 1,000 times I heard it, now its lost its luster somewhat.

Well jeeze, however will he go on, knowing that you are not amused?

gordgray
Unfortunately they are referring to the failure last week. ;-)

LOL milk out nose thanks!

LucasMacKinnon
How many times have we told you guys to spend the bucks and upgrade from hamsters to the genetically altered Chinese lab rats. They can survive longer without food or water, and have a better endurance.

Piggly_wiggly
11-21-2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckIMuvumYrg

Barium
11-21-2013, 01:27 PM

Almost... too fast... conspiracy theorists unite!

Chaimberland
11-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Well jeeze, however will he go on, knowing that you are not amused?

I know right! Maybe there are support groups.

onixspider
11-21-2013, 01:31 PM
haha well at least im finding some funny entertainment here!:)

Draxis
Considering it's every server, it's likely an issue with the data center's power or internet connection.

I'd wager that this is another hiccup resulting from last week's major power outtage. Maybe they got some maintenance guys in there to fix the backup generator so it doesn't happen again, and one of them inadvertently bumped into the 'Shut Down DDO' button in the process of doing his work?

Eth
And for all the people that complain about the use of "scheduled".
Now you know what unscheduled means ;)

onixspider
11-21-2013, 01:33 PM
haha well at least im finding some funny entertainment here!:)

ooo speaking of entertainment.. gonna look up this really funny ddo video i found on youtube and share it with yall.. hope thats okay!

RotR
11-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Yes, great reaction time, but will the fix be just as fast?

Rubix
11-21-2013, 01:34 PM

That's right! What he said!

:)

onixspider
11-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Considering it's every server, it's likely an issue with the data center's power or internet connection.

I'd wager that this is another hiccup resulting from last week's major power outtage. Maybe they got some maintenance guys in there to fix the backup generator so it doesn't happen again, and one of them inadvertently bumped into the 'Shut Down DDO' button in the process of doing his work?

yeah im confident they will fix it though.. they got on it pretty dang quickly:) very nice indeed:)

jalont
11-21-2013, 01:35 PM

At least with Ghallanda, it felt like a good-old crash, complete with server-wide zoning lag. Perhaps it's unrelated, or perhaps Ghallanda has spread its disease game-wide.

Nyata
11-21-2013, 01:36 PM

I was thinking that, but really did not want to stirr that discussion again :D

Rubix
11-21-2013, 01:36 PM

I doubt that's the case, because when the power-outage-issue occurred, they (Turbine) were unable to post either, if memory serves. This time they could, and did.

Any other theories?

Powskier
11-21-2013, 01:37 PM
thx 4 quick response;i was lucky there just in intro of a dungeon...GL to you all ,who were dep intrenched:)

Finhurst
11-21-2013, 01:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckIMuvumYrg

How appropriate lol

andy310
11-21-2013, 01:38 PM
The fact they got it so "quickly" either means that
a) one of them devs was playing with us instead of working and is just as aggravated as us over the worlds crashing on him/her
b) They actually scheduled this and forgot to announce it...
c) They knew it would happen from the data center but didn't bother announcing it
d) all of the above - except why is the guy at A angry did turbine not tell him either?

jalont
I doubt that's the case, because when the power-outage-issue occurred, they (Turbine) were unable to post either, if memory serves. This time they could, and did.

Any other theories?

Yes, just a normal crash. It's just confusing because it's all servers at once. Ghallanda was acting up before the crash, the same way it does any other time it crashes and needs a restart. No other servers were reporting that though. Then boom, they all went down.

onixspider
ooo speaking of entertainment.. gonna look up this really funny ddo video i found on youtube and share it with yall.. hope thats okay!

here we go, i love this freagin video and wish i could find this guy.. i wanna quest with him!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-n14Rr-9iY

Healemup
11-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Quick, slide in the change to the COVs while the servers are down... :D

onixspider
The fact they got it so "quickly" either means that
a) one of them devs was playing with us instead of working and is just as aggravated as us over the worlds crashing on him/her
b) They actually scheduled this and forgot to announce it...
c) They knew it would happen from the data center but didn't bother announcing it
d) all of the above - except why is the guy at A angry did turbine not tell him either?

hahaha i wouldnt doubt it! i do like answer A the best though haha

jessy101

any ideas as to why this happened??

Craigrx1
11-21-2013, 01:41 PM

Work is Overrated. Besides isn't the axiom that you always leave the people wanting more

TechnicallyZero
11-21-2013, 01:43 PM
At least now I can truly get rid of the piking jerkoff that kept following me from quests to quest and jumping on my lfm as soon as I entered.

Yeah, I know I could close it, but I like to leave it open for people who are actually wanting to try to play. Shame you cant eject players who don't move, speak or do anything else within a given period of time...

Yunico
11-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Let's talk compenstation for personal suffering due to the crash.

I for one am traumatized and can only be helped by at +3 loot bonus or another Raiders Box - the last two were soooo yummy

jessy101
11-21-2013, 01:44 PM
praying to the sever gods please help the severs come back up lol

Tolero
11-21-2013, 01:44 PM
No news from the techs yet. It's different than what happened previously - previously it was a power outage (which also nuked our ability to get to the launcher or forums). This time those services are fine, game servers are down (also for Asheron's Call, but not for LOTRO). So it's something different.

TechnicallyZero
11-21-2013, 01:45 PM

While in the process of upgrading the hamsters to USA bred red squirrels, someone dropped a nut and chaos ensued. They are trying to get the hamsters going and capture the escaped squirrels, as we speak.

onixspider
11-21-2013, 01:46 PM

I for one am traumatized and can only be helped by at +3 loot bonus or another Raiders Box - the last two were soooo yummy

hahaha! lol too funny

jalont
While in the process of upgrading the hamsters to USA bred red squirrels, someone dropped a nut and chaos ensued. They are trying to get the hamsters going and capture the escaped squirrels, as we speak.

there's a naughty joke in here somewhere.

auximenes
No news from the techs yet. It's different than what happened previously - previously it was a power outage (which also nuked our ability to get to the launcher or forums). This time those services are fine, game servers are down (also for Asheron's Call, but not for LOTRO). So it's something different.
I hope Turbine can get out of their contract with whoever is hosting the server farm.

jessy101
11-21-2013, 01:47 PM
thank you very muchon the fast response im impressed now

Nyata
okay now I am positively baffled and impressed. thanks for keeping us posted, even if it's no news, but still apreciated.

onixspider
At least now I can truly get rid of the piking jerkoff that kept following me from quests to quest and jumping on my lfm as soon as I entered.

Yeah, I know I could close it, but I like to leave it open for people who are actually wanting to try to play. Shame you cant eject players who don't move, speak or do anything else within a given period of time...

gotta love them types!! haha life in ddo would be boring without them though im thinkin

pcgamer1971
11-21-2013, 01:48 PM

DDO playerbase runs to LOTRO, crashes servers with influx of players.

Yunico

I suggest taking down LOTRO - see if that helps

kkh019s
I appreciate the quick response but disappointed in the recent instability of the online worlds. I have no idea how your data centers are set up but you folks at turbine may want to spend a little of the cash I and the rest of the community are paying you on some redundancy

Piggly_wiggly
11-21-2013, 01:49 PM

here here, but I thought the boxes were sort of lame. I want tomes. +5, my choice, like from Mabar.

jessy101
okay now I am positively baffled and impressed. thanks for keeping us posted, even if it's no news, but still apreciated.
just as imprssed by there level of concern it really goes to show that ddo really loves there people.

onixspider

well in my experience squirrels liked cheetos a whole lot!

jessman615
thanks for update tolero

CavernDragon
11-21-2013, 01:50 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YKHhejLOZ4s/UM8cceYyFTI/AAAAAAAAL0E/qldF5Y9XaSI/s1600/goodnewseveryone.jpg

A crash on a week day, is better then on the weekend.

onixspider
11-21-2013, 01:50 PM
here here, but I thought the boxes were sort of lame. I want tomes. +5, my choice, like from Mabar.

i absolutely loved the boxes! never seen those weapons before so i guess it felt like christmas to me:) THANKS DDO!

Robbenklopper
11-21-2013, 01:51 PM
... thought about last year, when mabar was up and down ... and came back later. Maybe it´s back after U20 ? Would love that ...

patang01
11-21-2013, 01:51 PM

Slay them my lieutenants while I bask in the glory of finally shutting the servers down with my eclipse.

TechnicallyZero
11-21-2013, 01:52 PM
well in my experience squirrels liked cheetos a whole lot!

Don't tell me... tell Turbine!! its their squirrels

jessy101
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ykhhejloz4s/um8cceyyfti/aaaaaaaal0e/qldf5y9xasi/s1600/goodnewseveryone.jpg

a crash on a week day, is better then on the weekend.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Nyata
i absolutely loved the boxes! never seen those weapons before so i guess it felt like christmas to me:) THANKS DDO!

i'd seen them before... always in other people's loot though lol. so I really really loved getting my hands on them and they are MINE! Shiney! My Precious!

onixspider
Slay them my lieutenants while I bask in the glory of finally shutting the servers down with my eclipse.

hahaha!!

TechnicallyZero
11-21-2013, 01:53 PM
just as imprssed by there level of concern it really goes to show that ddo really loves there people.

They're just trying to make sure there are no angry people. Their customers are important to them, sometimes.

;-)

katz
11-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Yes, just a normal crash. It's just confusing because it's all servers at once. Ghallanda was acting up before the crash, the same way it does any other time it crashes and needs a restart. No other servers were reporting that though. Then boom, they all went down.

now that you mention it... a friend was complaining that he couldn't open his bank or load the AH maybe about 10-15 minutes before the crash... and said that several other people in the marketplace were complaining of the same symptoms.

Grosbeak07

No doubt this is the WB bean counter "pulling the plug" on their less profitable games.

(and I'm completely kidding of course)

jessman615
Lol.Someone should post the commercial where the squirrels are cutting coupons and then revolt.

onixspider
i'd seen them before... always in other people's loot though lol. so I really really loved getting my hands on them and they are MINE! Shiney! My Precious!

yes i love shinies, and sparklies.. and glitteries and and.. MYYYY PRECCCIOUSSSS -hoards her box items-

jessy101
11-21-2013, 01:56 PM
yes i love shinies, and sparklies.. And glitteries and and.. Myyyy precccioussss -hoards her box items-

*dies on spot*

brzytki
11-21-2013, 01:57 PM
I see the new hamsters from last week haven't adapted yet.

onixspider
in the meantime while we wait check out something funny! this is my most favorite ddo youtube video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-n14Rr-9iY

HungarianRhapsody
The servers are being rebooted with Exxxtreme Prejudice.

onixspider
*dies on spot*

look at that video i posted its so funny!:)

TechnicallyZero
11-21-2013, 01:59 PM
lol.someone should post the commercial where the squirrels are cutting coupons and then revolt.

'nut up, my brothers!'

jessy101
look at that video i posted its so funny!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFZuzsfy-j4

onixspider
'nut up, my brothers!'

i love that commercial!!:)

Finhurst
11-21-2013, 02:00 PM
in the meantime while we wait check out something funny! this is my most favorite ddo youtube video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-n14Rr-9iY

That is bloody hilarious

onixspider
11-21-2013, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFZuzsfy-j4

hahahaha revolting squirrelage i love it! always crack up at that commercial

onixspider
11-21-2013, 02:02 PM
That is bloody hilarious

i want to find that dude and quest with him so bad!:) lol id prolly die repeatedly though cause i couldnt concentrate

zaphear
11-21-2013, 02:03 PM

Huahuehuahue

Grecan
11-21-2013, 02:03 PM
A crash on a week day, is better then on the weekend.My dog loves server-crashing any day! LOL :D (now, i gotta get off the forums, too though...)

Yes, there's always a bright side :) http://youtu.be/WlBiLNN1NhQ

onixspider
11-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Huahuehuahue

you know at first i thought he was saying TO THE BUSSSSSSS! LOL

jessman615
11-21-2013, 02:04 PM
thanks alot that brought tears i was laughing so hard.

onixspider
11-21-2013, 02:05 PM
My dog loves server-crashing any day! LOL :D (now, i gotta get off the forums, too though...)

Yes, there's always a bright side :) http://youtu.be/WlBiLNN1NhQ

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

jessy101
11-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Huahuehuahue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbWJS2wWDUs

onixspider
11-21-2013, 02:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbWJS2wWDUs

THERE IT IS! lol

jessy101
11-21-2013, 02:08 PM
THERE IT IS! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiY4LyDS4N0

Nédime
11-21-2013, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQsKBBtOFlQ

Grimaxe
11-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Sorry everyone, I thought I would just log in after taking a break from the game to check out the new enhancement system and catch up with people and see how my guild has been......I didn't realize that my return would cause such an issue.... My sincere apologies to every single one of you.

jessman615
11-21-2013, 02:13 PM
funny singing parrothttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uguXNL93fWg

Nyata
11-21-2013, 02:14 PM
careful Grimaxe, so far all the doom-sayers and complainers have not found anything or anyone to blame and kept quiet... you might just have painted a huge bull's eye on your forehead! :) anyhow, welcome back, hope you manage to actually get into the game sometime soon ;)

onixspider
11-21-2013, 02:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiY4LyDS4N0

-laughs so hard- oh my the poor lil critter! wonder if he was walking all dizzy like when he got down!

jessy101
11-21-2013, 02:17 PM
-laughs so hard- oh my the poor lil critter! wonder if he was walking all dizzy like when he got down!

i dang near fell out my seat

Thelastsaint
I played WOW for three years with limited server problems. Only changed because had done everything and loved D and D from childhood. Loved DDO and in two weeks spent around 100 euro on getting good stuff. Last two weeks continual server offline. Worse I have to sign in at least five times due to continual freezing of upload screen. Nobody got time for that ...sacked.

Kubin
Seriously i know what happened. NEVER type /fart in general chat! Its still unstable, and causing server crashes.

Stev69
11-21-2013, 02:19 PM

Maybe they finally realised that people don't like to be sat in the dark twiddling their thumbs. This is all it takes to head off the usual nerd rage a little acknowledgment that things are being sorted. Mind you now that people aren't raging I have nothing to keep me entertained bah!

Caca80
11-21-2013, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfxB5ut-KTs

Culver.Civello
11-21-2013, 02:20 PM
I played WOW for three years with limited server problems. Only changed because had done everything and loved D and D from childhood. Loved DDO and in two weeks spent around 100 euro on getting good stuff. Last two weeks continual server offline. Worse I have to sign in at least five times due to continual freezing of upload screen. Nobody got time for that ...sacked.

Thank you for playing DDO, and we hope to see you return in the future.

DID I DO IT RIGHT!?

Rubix
11-21-2013, 02:21 PM

/waves

Bye now.

alvarego
Well if topic is funny videos, I have something to say ... no matter what the video is about, if it has the proper music, it will be fun :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMO8Pyi3UpY

Chaios

Thanks for keeping us informed!

jalont
11-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Thank you for playing DDO, and we hope to see you return in the future.

DID I DO IT RIGHT!?

They'll be back. It's a vicious circle. If they're that addicted to be so upset about downtime, they're too addicted to leave and will be back. *shrug*

Stev69
11-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Thank you for playing DDO. Bye.

DID I DO IT RIGHT!?

Nearly right, ill fix it for you.

Powskier
11-21-2013, 02:26 PM
restore servers pl...people gettin dumbed down w/ stupid videos

Defcon_Kid
11-21-2013, 02:26 PM
So this is the reason why I can't log in? good to know, at least I know it's NOT my fault nor my ISP, which was giving me some problems lately.

Culver.Civello
11-21-2013, 02:28 PM

What you talking about!?

I particularly enjoyed the trollin' Video. :p Shrimp on a treadmill and Monty Python were awesome as well. :p

onixspider
11-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Well if topic is funny videos, I have something to say ... no matter what the video is about, if it has the proper music, it will be fun :D

hahaha youre right! anything with that song has gotta be funny!

Ino-San
11-21-2013, 02:31 PM

Pppfth, I'm so used to guildies linking Youtube videos it doesn't even phase me anymore. I learned, long ago, not to look at them.

(Now watch.. a guildie will see this and spam me with them, or dance me constantly.)

onixspider

alright now partypooooper!

Pomdude
Would viagra work on servers to get them back up?

onixspider
11-21-2013, 02:33 PM
So this is the reason why I can't log in? good to know, at least I know it's NOT my fault nor my ISP, which was giving me some problems lately.

i was worried at first that it was just me as well:) very nice to be reassured they are doing something about it:)

jessman615

Now that's funny. Lol.

onixspider

hahaha!

onixspider
11-21-2013, 02:34 PM
-convulses, twitch twitch convulse-

Powskier
11-21-2013, 02:37 PM
DDO is bad enough time taker;personally, the U tube **** ,is way stupid (bunch of grabastic pieces of amphibian doody)....people now just realizing what a bad mistake facebook is ,too! DDo come back,pl, reality sucks

studmaster3232
11-21-2013, 02:41 PM
i thought is was my wifi booting me off.. didnt know the server was down lol

LucasMacKinnon
11-21-2013, 02:42 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4o2MqBL1TTI/TArSo6yHFDI/AAAAAAAAA70/m7UlSS2YuuQ/s1600/pulp+fiction+mister+wolf+4.jpg

This is what Tolero is doing with the Tech's on our behalf

Ekcz
11-21-2013, 02:44 PM

u mean like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SJT5UdJgcw

Rubix
11-21-2013, 02:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pwe-pA6TaZk?rel=0

made me ask "who's that guy?" http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/

Saaluta
11-21-2013, 02:49 PM

Is that Tempys or Heystack? Just wondering since they are always piking my quests and asking for heals...except they don't just stand at the entrance...they follow me around, run into traps as I am disabling them and get all the agro :(

Saal :)

Ekcz
11-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Is that Tempys or Heystack? Just wondering since they are always piking my quests and asking for heals...except they don't just stand at the entrance...they follow me around, run into traps as I am disabling them and get all the agro :(

sure as hell it was not Larafay .. she kills more than me :(

Miahoo
11-21-2013, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHFR2seX0kQ

I'll just put it here.

rjayross
11-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Did turbine forget to pay the ISP again this year??? Oh well!

Saaluta
11-21-2013, 03:00 PM
sure as hell it was not Larafay .. she kills more than me :(

She just pikes the kills...wait until my monk has beat it down to ~40 hp then searing light :/

Grosbeak07
11-21-2013, 03:01 PM

Back when we had a REAL end game. Threnal Caves...

MartinusWyllt
11-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Well, this at least settled my Rocksmith 2014 or DDO question in this brief period before kids start getting home.

jessman615
11-21-2013, 03:08 PM
another update would be nice.

scurveymic
11-21-2013, 03:14 PM

not sure which WOW you were playing, but I think your memory of the game is probably better the actual experience. My experience had so many server issues we called out server lagcrasher.

another update would be nice.
also this. It will help keep people like the above away.

solacerodgers
11-21-2013, 03:14 PM
DDO is bad enough time taker;personally, the U tube **** ,is way stupid (bunch of grabastic pieces of amphibian doody)....people now just realizing what a bad mistake facebook is ,too! DDo come back,pl, reality sucks

wow just wow

loveawolf
11-21-2013, 03:15 PM
still down grrrrrrrrrrrrrr im not paying this game no more im going free to play

TheSneakster
11-21-2013, 03:19 PM
This is what they get for not using genuine Cisco 3750 Gigabit routers and 2960 switches in their server racks, maybe ?

Seems odd that *all* the worlds are down. I thought Turbine had rackspace in multiple datacenters. I'm not sure where I got that idea, though.

rockyyy
11-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Any new update on what's going on now?

LordPiglet
11-21-2013, 03:21 PM

Thanks for providing us with updates and eta's.

jalont
11-21-2013, 03:21 PM
This is what they get for not using genuine Cisco 3750 Gigabit routers and 2960 switches in their server racks, maybe ?

Seems odd that *all* the worlds are down. I thought Turbine had rackspace in multiple datacenters. I'm not sure where I got that idea, though.

They don't.... Not sure where you got that idea either. When the power went out last week, all of their games went out as well.

TheSneakster
11-21-2013, 03:24 PM
They don't.... Not sure where you got that idea either. When the power went out last week, all of their games went out as well.

Oh, well thanks for that info. Obviously DDO.COM is not hosted in the same rackspace, because we're still up. Maybe that's how I got that idea, since it has happened before that the forums were up with the servers down.

Surnales
11-21-2013, 03:24 PM
yeah, I'm curious as to whats going on too. its been over two hours. we were doing the Reign of Madness chain

scurveymic
11-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Oh, well thanks for that info. Obviously DDO.COM is not hosted in the same rackspace, because we're still up. Maybe that's how I got that idea, since it has happened before that the forums were up with the servers down.

also possibly servers are more complicated then all up or all down

moomooprincess
11-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Remember, an extra VIP Bonus, now 15%, until December 12.

Culver.Civello
Yea, all I got is... tolero posting this on AC forums moments ago... as an update.

4:21 PM Eastern (-5 GMT): We do not yet have an ETA for when the worlds will be available. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the server issues.

Tolero
Just another small update - we don't yet have an ETA for when the worlds will be available. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the server issues. More info as it's available.

Culver.Civello
11-21-2013, 03:28 PM
It's like I'm psychic... but not. XD lol

SirShen
11-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Just another small update - we don't yet have an ETA for when the worlds will be available. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the server issues. More info as it's available.

Thanks for the update.

dreddy
11-21-2013, 03:30 PM
DDO, the biggest challenge is logging in...

moomooprincess
11-21-2013, 03:31 PM
The LoTRO forums are saying they are having problems also.

Must be the Data Center again.

Teh_Troll
11-21-2013, 03:32 PM
This need to be fixed in 90 minutes. If I can't sign in how can people hjeal meh?

jessman615
11-21-2013, 03:32 PM
After last time, I'm outta patience. Almost 8 hrs. of down time last week and going on 3 now. This just sucks, unless you play Lotro, which expansion won't let people open house chests and new enhancement pass fiasco also. good day.

scurveymic
11-21-2013, 03:33 PM
The LoTRO forums are saying they are having problems also.

Must be the Data Center again.

or the balrog was finally summoned in the servers of moria

Surnales
11-21-2013, 03:33 PM
is it me, or have they been having more issues than normal? and it seems to happen always on the xp bonus times

moomooprincess
11-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Tracing route to 74.201.102.13 over a maximum of 30 hops

9 39 ms 85 ms 37 ms 0.ge-9-3-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.24.54]

10 71 ms 69 ms 72 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

11 77 ms 77 ms 74 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]

12 77 ms 75 ms 74 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

13 78 ms 77 ms 78 ms 74.201.102.154

14 64 ms 67 ms 69 ms 74.201.102.13

Trace complete.

ishr
11-21-2013, 03:35 PM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/431102-Petition-Extend-VIP-or-give-Bonus-Points-for-THIRD-downtime-in-a-week

Grimlock
11-21-2013, 03:36 PM
It's like I'm psychic... but not. XD lol

Is anyone else surprised that LotR is fine, but DDO is down? I am at a loss as to how that could happen unless they use different data centers for each game.

BFD20001
11-21-2013, 03:41 PM
we don't yet have an ETA for when the worlds will be available.
Big surprise there...

LawfulEvil
11-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Is anyone else surprised that LotR is fine, but DDO is down? I am at a loss as to how that could happen unless they use different data centers for each game.

I'm pretty sure both games use the same data center, as the power outage downtime affected both LotRO and DDO. Today's downtime is more localized; our patch and authentication servers are up but since all the world servers are down it appears to be either an internal networking issue to said servers or an outage limited to that particular location in the data center.

Grimlock
11-21-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure both games use the same data center, as the power outage downtime affected both LotRO and DDO. Today's downtime is more localized; our patch and authentication servers are up but since all the world servers are down it appears to be either an internal networking issue to said servers or an outage limited to that particular location in the data center.

Could be a DNS routing issue, could be their firewall/DMZ is down. I would give my autographed copy of Rebeca Black's "Friday" for some gd transparency around here. Let's conjure up the CIO for Turbine and have him step into a role of customer relations and go into a little more detail on why unexpected outages like this happens.

alvarego
11-21-2013, 03:46 PM

wow man! that's a real oldie, funny too, not as much as a shrimp of course but still ..... :D

Hendrik
11-21-2013, 03:48 PM
still down grrrrrrrrrrrrrr im not paying this game no more im going free to play

That will teach em good!

:rolleyes:

mitchamm
11-21-2013, 03:49 PM
i am not a techno boffin so forgive my ignorance can anyone enlighten me?putting this question here because no doubt many are watching this thread.dont care if its not the correct place for this question either(so dont ***** at me)is DDO running on some antique hardware which the techs are constantly battling to keep going as the devs add more complexity?is there some issue with the age of DDO code being added now onto what must be old code from the games beginning?i would be interested to know if the whole thing is going to go into meltdown.is there any hope for us?being playing for years and i get the feeling its about to go bang.i am being pessimistic...thoughts plz

Culver.Civello
11-21-2013, 03:51 PM

Actually... no. I'm not surprised at all. XD

Anyways, on my wish list for compensation....

+5 tomes all around
More Raider's boxes with FOT items as well
+?% xp
Push to Win button
Even higher DCs with my quivering palm and shorten cooldown
Perma Haste button... scratch that one. Got it.
shrine dedicated to me in Hall of heroes.
A Life-action play of The Shroud. I imagine it being very glamorous.
Tolero over for a geeky tea-party and we'll dye our hair blue together! wait.. nvm... blue hair is so last week. Scarlet!
All my toons to have Yellow bars.. wait.. got that too...
Hamster cosmetic pets... I want to name mine Hamtaro
Hawks (hair style) for my guys...! Girls shouldn't get all the fun of looking like D-Bags!

Heh.. that's all I can think of for now.

Guanmagi-1
11-21-2013, 03:52 PM
I can't believe how much this happens with the amount of money the remaining players actually cough up. Three letters:

EQN.

lovealot
11-21-2013, 03:53 PM
i am not a techno boffin so forgive my ignorance can anyone enlighten me?putting this question here because no doubt many are watching this thread.dont care if its not the correct place for this question either(so dont ***** at me)is DDO running on some antique hardware which the techs are constantly battling to keep going as the devs add more complexity?is there some issue with the age of DDO code being added now onto what must be old code from the games beginning?i would be interested to know if the whole thing is going to go into meltdown.is there any hope for us?being playing for years and i get the feeling its about to go bang.i am being pessimistic...thoughts plz

na its just another data centre goof. the guy who looks after it has plugged the kettle into the servers plug socket and they cant reach him to tell him to plug it somehwere else as he is listening to his old wartime toons on his mp3 while reading the daily pron mag

TheSneakster
11-21-2013, 03:53 PM
also possibly servers are more complicated then all up or all down

Very odd, indeed. I used a Visual Traceroute tool and it turns out that DDO.COM (website) and TURBINE.COM (game servers) both trace to same location in Dedham, MA.

scurveymic
11-21-2013, 03:55 PM
I can't believe how much this happens with the amount of money the remaining players actually cough up. Three letters:

EQN.

to reference the wow post from earlier... They had over 2 million players paying $15 per month, and still had servers that constantly crashed, bosses who bugged out, quests that broke, it's part of the experience in evolving games. if you want something with zero errors go buy a console.

LucasMacKinnon
11-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Just put it bluntly *#$% happens. Yes it sucks. I want to get back on my tr and level him up back to 20. I would however like to suggest perhaps a 20% xp bonus for heroic and epic until like Nov 25. That doesn't seem to be asking to much and being to greedy

3dent
11-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Could be a DNS routing issue, could be their firewall/DMZ is down. I would give my autographed copy of Rebeca Black's "Friday" for some gd transparency around here. Let's conjure up the CIO for Turbine and have him step into a role of customer relations and go into a little more detail on why unexpected outages like this happens.

Yea, instead of actually doing something to solve the issue, Turbine people responsible should absolutely spend more time on forums, and explain everything, with a potential for an unwitting leak of sensitive info.

That said... Two server crashes in a week aren't exactly nice, and some nice thing players usually can't have as a way to compensate would've been appreciated.

Guanmagi-1
11-21-2013, 04:00 PM
to reference the wow post from earlier... They had over 2 million players paying $15 per month, and still had servers that constantly crashed, bosses who bugged out, quests that broke, it's part of the experience in evolving games. if you want something with zero errors go buy a console.

No, dude. No.

I just came back to the game after playing GW2 for a year. 3 capped toons. NEVER DOWN. NEVER. Maintenance downtime? NEVER. Patches would log you out after an hour countdown AND IMMEDIATELY LET YOU LOG BACK IN.

Check your facts, Bucky. DDO's treatment of their userbase is disgusting. I can't believe I'm back here, to be honest.

Nyata
11-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Anyways, on my wish list for compensation....
Tolero over for a geeky tea-party and we'll dye our hair blue together! wait.. nvm... blue hair is so last week. Scarlet!

please can I come over and watch if that ever happens? :)

Grimlock
11-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Very odd, indeed. I used a Visual Traceroute tool and it turns out that DDO.COM (website) and TURBINE.COM (game servers) both trace to same location in Dedham, MA.

Dedham
Ded ham
ham
Tasty Ham

Coincidence?

pcgamer1971
11-21-2013, 04:07 PM
So glad I didn't drop $70 bucks on the expansions last week through Steam as well as VIP again, I'll use up my 6K Turbine points and F2P.

TechnicallyZero
11-21-2013, 04:08 PM
gotta love them types!! haha life in ddo would be boring without them though im thinkin

Actually, I find it very rude to hop into someone else's group and not at least say hello. Even if English isn't your first language, you can type two letters to acknowledge others...

moomooprincess
11-21-2013, 04:09 PM
But in Dedham, you have the Museum of Bad Art.

TechnicallyZero
11-21-2013, 04:11 PM
No, dude. No.

I just came back to the game after playing GW2 for a year. 3 capped toons. NEVER DOWN. NEVER. Maintenance downtime? NEVER. Patches would log you out after an hour countdown AND IMMEDIATELY LET YOU LOG BACK IN.

Check your facts, Bucky. DDO's treatment of their userbase is disgusting. I can't believe I'm back here, to be honest.

Well..... There's the door ->

studmaster3232
11-21-2013, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f592YE9pGVw&list=LLvlGYKYT6KCcnpeaeqsfh6Q&feature=mh_lolz

Guanmagi-1
11-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Well..... There's the door ->

Yep. I've used it before and I'll use it again. But since I just dropped a bunch of cash to level my 25s to 28 and prepare for the new level cap and new content, I'd appreciate if the game worked for just a few more weeks.

scurveymic
11-21-2013, 04:14 PM
No, dude. No.

My apologies for piping up to the be all end all of mmo knowledge. All I know is I saw these issues in SWG, in WOW, in Warhammer online, in mechwarrior online, and obviously in ddo. Now to be fair, I haven't played every mmo ever, and it's entirely possible some of them run smoothly, but in my experience an assortment of issues are par for the course in the genre. Clearly GW2 is missing something you're looking for or you wouldn't be back here raging about not being able to play ddo. you'd be playing gw2.
sincerely yours,
Bucky

TechnicallyZero
11-21-2013, 04:17 PM

No, as another poster said, 'Stuff Happens'.

Honestly, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner after the power issues of the other day. Servers don't generally take well to that sort of treatment.

Kubin
11-21-2013, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJyefRSCISI

pnpsince83
11-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Ok listen I get it things happen, I do. That said at some point it becomes annoying all these issues Yes I understand things take time, and yes I understand it's not always easy, but frankly it gets to be a bit of a pain in the ass to keep saying well hey **** happens. Look I'm not asking for free stuff, and I'm not being a cold hearted prick to those who have to fix it, but I am saying that seriously the lack of information as to what exactly is going on, and the more than twice a month downtime begins to wear on me. I love this game I do, and I'm glad ppl do what they can to help the errors, but certainly something can be done to reduce the downtime, and lack of info. Is that really too much to ask for?

IronClan
11-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Being somewhat experienced with this from a nuts and bolts perspective I suspect Turbine's engineers and perhaps a vendor CE are currently waiting on 1 or more very important parts being driven to them on the rush at great expense by a courier, possibly from out of state (or several states) from a logistics SSL that has the part(s) to replace any that failed.

Guanmagi-1
11-21-2013, 04:21 PM
My apologies for piping up to the be all end all of mmo knowledge. All I know is I saw these issues in SWG, in WOW, in Warhammer online, in mechwarrior online, and obviously in ddo. Now to be fair, I haven't played every mmo ever, and it's entirely possible some of them run smoothly, but in my experience an assortment of issues are par for the course in the genre. Clearly GW2 is missing something you're looking for or you wouldn't be back here raging about not being able to play ddo. you'd be playing gw2.
sincerely yous,
Bucky

NP. Some MMO's actually work out there...you just have to look around a bit. I promise you, after two weeks of playing GW2, you would be shocked at how well you are treated by the devs, and immediately after you realize how great a game can be, you'll get a little bit PO'd at how the DDO devs trained you to be so complacent with, and in this case, even defensive of their amateur hour.

scurveymic
11-21-2013, 04:22 PM

last point on this post. As far as treatment of the userbase I think turbine responds very well when issues arise. Not sure about you guys but I got 2 tickets on 2 of my toons that I can redeem for raid loot at any time. Meaning I can TR these toons and later on pick which item I want them to have, based on which class I choose to roll, without having to farm the **** out of a raid. I consider that a pretty generous compensation.

Qhualor
11-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Ok listen I get it things happen, I do. That said at some point it becomes annoying all these issues Yes I understand things take time, and yes I understand it's not always easy, but frankly it gets to be a bit of a pain in the ass to keep saying well hey **** happens. Look I'm not asking for free stuff, and I'm not being a cold hearted prick to those who have to fix it, but I am saying that seriously the lack of information as to what exactly is going on, and the more than twice a month downtime begins to wear on me. I love this game I do, and I'm glad ppl do what they can to help the errors, but certainly something can be done to reduce the downtime, and lack of info. Is that really too much to ask for?

I know what you are saying, but if they told you exactly what the problem is would it make waiting for them to fix the problem and getting the servers back on line make any difference or shorten the waiting period? would you offer your help, because theres a lot of wannabe devs already that post on the forums? I don't really care to know what the problem is. just an update once in awhile to let us know its still in progress and when they can get a estimated timeframe for when they can bring back up the servers is all I care about and I wouldn't hold it to them if that estimation was off a little.

Guanmagi-1
11-21-2013, 04:27 PM
I think turbine responds very well when issues arise.

Issues?

There are games out there that look cooler, have way more content and that work all the time. Really. And, btw, the game that I started playing the most only required that you buy once and you NEVER have to spend another dime. No recurring monthly fee. New content every week.

Really.

PurpleTimb
17:26 Eastern:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/purpletimb/DDO/ArgoUp_zpsd08811cf.jpg

katz
No, dude. No.

i played DragonRealms, EverQuest, Dark Ages of Camelot, Horizons, and City of Heros

i am unphased.

and honestly find the amount of rage over a game having some downtime rather amusing. like your own computer has never crashed. like major networks have never gone down. **** happens. yes it sucks. no we don't have to like it, but raging about it 1. accomplishes nothing, and 2. makes you look foolish.

srsly. all the time the game was up and running... immediately forgotten because OMG the servers went down twice in one week! O NOES. here come the jokes about how the servers are always down yadda yadda. the old worn out jokes that get trotted out each time are so reliable one could set a watch by them. which means i am now expecting someone to make a joke that the jokes are more reliable than Turbine's servers. meh. heh.

i also played GW2. i also have 3 capped toons and 3 more in the low-to-mid ranges. the way GW2 did things was a breath of fresh air. i'd never experienced a game that does it's updates that way. yeah, it'd be nice if everyone does, but i certainly don't expect it.

Spidermack
11-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Seems like a few of the servers are back up.

scurveymic
11-21-2013, 04:30 PM
17:26 Eastern:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/purpletimb/DDO/ArgoUp_zpsd08811cf.jpg

come on khyber!

Guartwog
Cannith appears to be up. I'm at least in the character selection screen.

pnpsince83
I know what you are saying, but if they told you exactly what the problem is would it make waiting for them to fix the problem and getting the servers back on line make any difference or shorten the waiting period? would you offer your help, because theres a lot of wannabe devs already that post on the forums? I don't really care to know what the problem is. just an update once in awhile to let us know its still in progress and when they can get a estimated timeframe for when they can bring back up the servers is all I care about and I wouldn't hold it to them if that estimation was off a little.

I see what you are saying, and I can imagine a few ppl really going nuts if ETA's were way off lol. I guess in the long run I just wish we had a few more updates, every two hours is a bit long for my tastes, but I undertsand how these problems can be more than a handful. Just wishing for less downtime I suppose :)

tyevek
sincerely yours,
Bucky

I love this , I literally laughed so hard I spit coffee out of my nose:)

jalont
11-21-2013, 04:31 PM
NP. Some MMO's actually work out there...you just have to look around a bit. I promise you, after two weeks of playing GW2, you would be shocked at how well you are treated by the devs, and immediately after you realize how great a game can be, you'll get a little bit PO'd at how the DDO devs trained you to be so complacent with, and in this case, even defensive of their amateur hour.

There are realistic expectation and unrealistic expectations. GW2 has a massive budget (and one that I bet they're regretting btw, after the shocking failure of their launch) and can do things that DDO cannot. It's as simple as that. Businesses are not here to provide you with entertainment. They are here to make money. If they cannot afford to do something, it isn't some massive slam against you. It's reality.

Culver.Civello
11-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Sarlona, Thelanis, and Kyber appear to be the only ones still down. >.<

scurveymic
11-21-2013, 04:32 PM
I see what you are saying, and I can imagine a few ppl really going nuts if ETA's were way off lol. I guess in the long run I just wish we had a few more updates, every two hours is a bit long for my tastes, but I undertsand how these problems can be more than a handful. Just wishing for less downtime I suppose :)

You and all of us. Just keep rolling with it, and come up with ways to entertain yourself when this happens. For my part I love getting after the doomsayers.

Hamlin
11-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Thelanis, Sarlona, and Khyber are still down. They're the biggest 3, aren't they?

pnpsince83
You and all of us. Just keep rolling with it, and come up with ways to entertain yourself when this happens. For my part I love getting after the doomsayers.

It was nice to have a civil exchange on this issue! :)

Tolero
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8rrl5kXRb1rno7r9o1_400.png

Good news everyone . . . our tech team has made progress, and they are currently going through the final stages of verification on the servers before they will then be open for players. Stand by for more information once the worlds are available.

timebandit73
11-21-2013, 04:35 PM
I kind of expected something else to go bad today... after the tornado's last weekend and losing power on my day off and not being able to play . I finally get another day off and the servers crash......go figure. It will be back to work for me when its all fixed . Im gonna take next weekend off so guys plan on a mega crash that takes all weekend to fix. 90% of the crashes hot fixes updates and whatever take place when I am able to play the most.
Someone is out to get me I tell you. Now I cant even buy point cards because no one sells them anymore around here .
Im sure there are ways to lessen the issues I am having but why the heck should I change !!

Culver.Civello
11-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Thelanis, Sarlona, and Khyber are still down. They're the biggest 3, aren't they?

Hardly... these days, they are actually probably the smallest. >.<

Guanmagi-1
11-21-2013, 04:36 PM
There are realistic expectation and unrealistic expectations. GW2 has a massive budget (and one that I bet they're regretting btw, after the shocking failure of their launch) and can do things that DDO cannot. It's as simple as that. Businesses are not here to provide you with entertainment. They are here to make money. If they cannot afford to do something, it isn't some massive slam against you. It's reality.

Well, at least we have these forums to air our feelings while the game that we came here to play tries to power up. And that's really all that matters when you want to play a game.

AMIRITE?!

I'm the best.

tyevek
Thanks for the update ... Do I hear +20 % exp bonus coming...?????

Hamlin
Good news everyone . . . our tech team has made progress, and they are currently going through the final stages of verification on the servers before they will then be open for players. Stand by for more information once the worlds are available.

Can you get them to verify Thelanis first?

Hey, it was worth a shot.

scurveymic

get me khyber or I will {expletive deleted} something to your mother and stuff.

Thanks for the update tolero, looking forward to being online shortly

Culver.Civello
11-21-2013, 04:37 PM

That made me lol. XD Didn't see that coming at all. lmao

I even read it in his voice. XD

Nyata
...how the DDO devs trained you to be so complacent with, and in this case, even defensive of their amateur hour.
okay I find that insulting on so many levels, that I am feeling the urge to vent publicly for the first time ever.
1. no one trained me. I accept that **** happens, just cause I seen my share of **** happen in my own life and work. maybe you grew up in a nice little perfect bubble where things never break and nothing ever goes wrong, or where other people always fixed things before you even noticed. I definitely didn't
2. If this were my problem to fix, and I'd hear about a post like yours, I'd probably go on lunch break right now cause apparently hurrying up to fix things makes no difference to people who do not value the effort anyway.
3. amateur hour? of course, you could do it all so much better and more efficiently.

I gotta stop now cause the worlds are actually comig back on.
thanks, Turbine team for fixing things!

Zzevel
I kind of expected something else to go bad today... after the tornado's last weekend and losing power on my day off and not being able to play . I finally get another day off and the servers crash......go figure. It will be back to work for me when its all fixed . Im gonna take next weekend off so guys plan on a mega crash that takes all weekend to fix. 90% of the crashes hot fixes updates and whatever take place when I am able to play the most.
Someone is out to get me I tell you. Now I cant even buy point cards because no one sells them anymore around here .
Im sure there are ways to lessen the issues I am having but why the heck should I change !!

Maybe it isn't you... can't we all just agree to blame Obamacare?

Kik97

Seven servers, I thought there were Eight servers. No wonder it's taking the techs so long, they can't figure out where the extra server came from. :)

Hamlin
11-21-2013, 04:38 PM

Really? Where's everyone hanging out then? I didn't think Turbine made server populations public.

PurpleTimb
11-21-2013, 04:39 PM
While I wait for Sarlona to come back up I figured I'd log into Wayfinder just to see if I really could log in. Well, I could except for one problem:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/purpletimb/DDO/ScreenShot00036_zps319f1dbd.jpg

katz
11-21-2013, 04:40 PM
I even read it in his voice. XD

yeah, me too XD

Culver.Civello
11-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Really? Where's everyone hanging out then? I didn't think Turbine made server populations public.

They don't that I'm aware.. but in estimating, I do believe Ghallanda is probably the biggest.

tyevek
11-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Ouch hope that's not permanent...

IronClan
11-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Issues?

There are games out there that look cooler, have way more content and that work all the time. Really. And, btw, the game that I started playing the most only required that you buy once and you NEVER have to spend another dime. No recurring monthly fee. New content every week.

Really.

It must be awesomely entertaining because you're finding this forum more interesting than either that game or that games forum.

katz
11-21-2013, 04:42 PM
While I wait for Sarlona to come back up I figured I'd log into Wayfinder just to see if I really could log in. Well, I could except for one problem:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/purpletimb/DDO/ScreenShot00036_zps319f1dbd.jpg

did you have characters on wayfinder? O.o

Culver.Civello
11-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Lol, it's Wayfinder....

studmaster3232
11-21-2013, 04:44 PM
dont know about every one els but my main toon is in Ghallanda

Guanmagi-1
11-21-2013, 04:44 PM
okay I find that insulting on so many levels, that I am feeling the urge to vent publicly for the first time ever.
1. no one trained me. I accept that **** happens, just cause I seen my share of **** happen in my own life and work. maybe you grew up in a nice little perfect bubble where things never break and nothing ever goes wrong, or where other people always fixed things before you even noticed. I definitely didn't
2. If this were my problem to fix, and I'd hear about a post like yours, I'd probably go on lunch break right now cause apparently hurrying up to fix things makes no difference to people who do not value the effort anyway.
3. amateur hour? of course, you could do it all so much better and more efficiently.

I gotta stop now cause the worlds are actually comig back on.
thanks, Turbine team for fixing things!

You have no idea who you're talking to. If you left an irate customer hanging when our company was at fault you would no longer have a job. Maybe you were taught by someone else to that being rude to customers was fine and that's why you're ok with Turbine treating you this way. I'm just suggesting that there are alternatives out there that treat their membership better. You should really get mad with Turbine, not me.

PS: You won't get a cookie from Turbine for defending them. I defended them for years. It means nothing.

tyevek
11-21-2013, 04:46 PM
ps: You won't get a cookie from turbine for defending them. I defended them for years..

lol

scurveymic
11-21-2013, 04:47 PM
You have no idea who you're talking to. If you left an irate customer hanging when our company was at fault you would no longer have a job. Maybe you were taught by someone else to that being rude to customers was fine and that's why you're ok with Turbine treating you this way. I'm just suggesting that there are alternatives out there that treat their membership better. You should really get mad with Turbine, not me.

PS: You won't get a cookie from Turbine for defending them. I defended them for years. It means nothing.

<-- restaurant manager.
When I have an upset cutsomer, yes I go to great lengths to do something for them. When I have a customer who comes in a regular basis and constantly finds something to nitpick and be irrate about... i get sick of giving them **** and advise them to dine somewhere else. You know who stands by me when I make that decision? Every one of my bosses.

Edit: Cookie line was great though

tyevek
11-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Not nearly enough nerd rage!!! We need Moarrrrrs!

LawfulEvil
11-21-2013, 04:48 PM

Ruh roh. It's not just you... I just tried logging into Wayfinder and my characters are also missing from selection screen.

scurveymic
11-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Ruh roh. It's not just you... I just tried logging into Wayfinder and my characters are also missing from selection screen.

It's wayfinder. They figured no one would be that upset if the toons disappeared.

mitchamm

what if the business is an entertainment business? as DDO is. sorry i just could not resist the temptation

tyevek
<-- restaurant manager.
When I have an upset cutsomer, yes I go to great lengths to do something for them. When I have a customer who comes in a regular basis and constantly finds something to nitpick and be irrate about... i get sick of giving them **** and advise them to dine somewhere else. You know who stands by me when I make that decision? Every one of my bosses.

I never mess with food service personnel....could turn out to be a bit messy..

Qhualor
11-21-2013, 04:53 PM
I just logged on to Wayfinder and I do have a toon there. looks like not all servers are verified and stuff yet, including mine :p

TechnicallyZero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKDtUzRIG6I

Heres one for to entertainz yuh

Nyata
You won't get a cookie from Turbine for defending them. I defended them for years. It means nothing.

first off: I have never been treated rudely by Turbine or any of their employees. the few issues I personally had so far have always been resolved with amazing response times. neither have i ever treated any customer rudely in my line of work. if anything, I put too much effort into making things possible/happen, if a customer really needs help.

and - this is probably where we differ, as your statement implies - I do not do it for cookies or rewards. And I don't expect them.

cdbd3rd
11-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Rainy, cold, and DDO down.

So, it really WAS a good day to sleep thru. :D

Guanmagi-1
11-21-2013, 04:54 PM
<-- restaurant manager.

I'll gladly go away again, my man. I've done it before, and I'll do it again. It's just that I've recently dropped a bunch of money on this game but it's not working. If you are ok with eating at a place that has no food or sells terrible food, even though all of your friends eat there and they want you to like it, that's cool, but there are better places to eat with prettier waitresses.

Kik97
11-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Looks al worlds are up

atkbeast
Woo hoo, back on Khyber

Maatogaeoth
Hmmm.

Just got on Khyber. Guild ship buffs MIA...

tyevek
11-21-2013, 05:00 PM
. If you are ok with eating at a place that has no food.

I'm eating there now!

IronClan
11-21-2013, 05:05 PM

Actually Khyber and Thelanis are consistently 1 and 2. Disregarding the ghost logins that are happening en mass to Ghal, causing it to get a lot more login traffic (due to it poping back up to the default server under some circumstances like logging into Lam and thus causing accidental logins into Ghal). It's been speculated that all new players are being directed to Ghal ever since they changed the launcher because it's the first in the list by default.

Most of the main servers (not wayfinder) are all very close. Orien has had a strange flip flop from lowest (disregarding wayfinder) to first (disregarding Ghallanda) the last month or two. Not sure what that's about, probably also something erroneous.