PDA

View Full Version : Song of the Dead, Makers. Devs claim they are working as intended

LucasMacKinnon
11-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Then Riddle me this Why is it they only last 30 seconds That was never really explained or addressed. The old version of music of the makers and dead lasted the same duration of fascinate itself. Why is is that it takes multiple songs for an epic bard with a perform of over 100 which relates to a fascinate, song of the dead, song of the makers dc to also be over 100? Do wraiths shadows, undead rats, and flesh golems have will saves in the 90's to 100? How is that possible? Could it be that those special enhancement properties to those songs are in fact broken? If it takes several songs to fascinate a undead rat in orchard. Then how many would it take to fascinate an epic elite zombie in house of death undone?

Darkvx
11-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Even if they worked as intended for core enhancements Music of the Sewers, Dead and Maker are underwhelming because fascinate is underwhelming. Orange, Red, Purple named enemies and Mindless mods (some plant creatures, Vermin) are also immune.

But the fact that they don’t work as stated makes them a waste of 3 AP.

LucasMacKinnon
11-20-2013, 10:18 PM
about the only type of CC that works on plants is web. Most orange purple and red names are immune to some crowd control effects. but in all honesty how much epic elite plants are there? Not to many. However there are a lot of epic elite undead. Not as many epic elite constructs either since actual war forge can be fascinated if i remember its just the dogs and golems that can't without song of the makers. For a bard trying to crowd control epic elite house of Death undone, Stay at the Inn among others that have undead they can't. Web doesn't always snare everything, I miss being able to go into an EE quest and know my abilities are on par and I am useful. It's disheartening seeing the character I love be useless. If turbine doesn't want to fix our songs then might as well junk the entire class. Not that many are lovers of bards. But those of us that are we miss our ability to be useful

supott
11-21-2013, 03:34 AM
Players claiming its fixed now devs claiming its fixed without testing it properly

Steevye
11-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Players claiming its fixed now devs claiming its fixed without testing it properly

Yeah, seems like the devs just logged in, fired a fascinate in an undead arena, saw them freeze, logged out and screamed "IT WORKS!"

Honestly, the 30 second duration is bs. Even more bs is that the "immune" still flashes over their heads after the song completes. No notes either, so you're not sure what fascinated and what didn't without tabbing and "z"ing thru every enemy to see the 30 second duration.

It's ok though, it's obvious the devs don't give two s***s about bards, because while the trees been terribly broken they've released an expansion, a new PRE for both divines and arcanes, "started" a loot overhaul (of a loot overhaul), released two new quests, supposedly "fixed" a bunch of bugs (though the drow racial tree is still borked, last I was able to log in), OH...and don't forget released a slew of "MUST HAVES" in the ddo store. Yeah, they really have prioritized the bug reports we've sent in, and the forum posts that keep mounting up documenting that none of this is WAI. If it is WAI, then it's just plain pathetic.

kryscendo
11-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Have to agree that those songs are a disappointment.

HatsuharuZ
12-08-2013, 12:08 AM
You know, undead have very high will saves, as well.

Also, I think that the "immune" message pops up because when you have the Music of the Sewers/Dead/Makers trained, it's not actually fascinate working on the oozes/undead/constructs, it's an additional effect being sung right after fascinate, but with the same DC.

jackabat
12-08-2013, 01:40 PM
You know, undead have very high will saves, as well.

Also, I think that the "immune" message pops up because when you have the Music of the Sewers/Dead/Makers trained, it's not actually fascinate working on the oozes/undead/constructs, it's an additional effect being sung right after fascinate, but with the same DC.

There is no will save that survives a well-geared fascinate DC. There's very few that survive a half-baked fascinate DC. "Maybe they have high will saves" is not the issue, unless the devs decided +80 was a great will save for random mook enemies to have.

stoerm
12-10-2013, 12:05 PM
It's ok though, it's obvious the devs don't give two s***s about bards, because while the trees been terribly broken they've released an expansion, a new PRE for both divines and arcanes, "started" a loot overhaul (of a loot overhaul), released two new quests, supposedly "fixed" a bunch of bugs (though the drow racial tree is still borked, last I was able to log in), OH...and don't forget released a slew of "MUST HAVES" in the ddo store.

Please, you just dilute an otherwise valid point with that raving bee ess. Systems, content, loot, store - all work done by different people.

kryscendo
12-14-2013, 05:18 PM
This finally made it to the KNOWN ISSUES list!