PDA

View Full Version : A way to create an end game fast

memloch
11-20-2013, 03:14 PM
My idea is to create a way to update old epic gear using the new Comms. I would suggest 3 tiers. So your base lvl 20, then lvl 23, 26, and then 30.

This will give people a reason to stay at cap and run all the epic content. Would encourage sales of the new hearts since people would be using comms for the updates. I know many would not like that part but DDO is a business. It would breathe life into the older epics as you will need to get base items. It would quickly build a new end game.

I know I would want for my bard all 4 epic versions of the Elyd Edge.

Thoughts?

RobbinB
11-25-2013, 06:32 PM
My idea is to create a way to update old epic gear using the new Comms. I would suggest 3 tiers. So your base lvl 20, then lvl 23, 26, and then 30.

This will give people a reason to stay at cap and run all the epic content. Would encourage sales of the new hearts since people would be using comms for the updates. I know many would not like that part but DDO is a business. It would breathe life into the older epics as you will need to get base items. It would quickly build a new end game.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind seeing them revisit the old content one module at a time, adding content (ie quests) and storyline and instead of introducing entire new sets of loot, just having one or two or three new items and then ways to update the old items.

Example. Revisit Menachtarun desert by adding some quests and maybe a new raid. Readjust the epic items so they make sense at level 20. In the new content, have a special item reward that can be mixed with comms and the old epic items to produce a better version of each item of higher ml. Done.

Guartwog
11-25-2013, 08:07 PM

Thoughts?

/signed

Would love to see new reasons to run old content.