PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with Client start up.

ClubbinSeals
11-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Hi. At the moment I'm having a issue with connecting to the servers I believe. Last time I logged in was early Friday and I had no problems at all, I came home late Sunday and at first had trouble getting the client to do anything at all. It would pop up but it would stay stuck at installing Pre req. on the blank client, literally nothing else popped up on it. I have had this happen before and managed to fix it by simply disconnecting and reconnecting to my internet, however that did not work this time. I ended up reinstalling the setup and selecting the repair option. After the setup installed the client popped up, when it gets to the checklist for some reason it won't connect. The only thing I have to go by at the moment is that a Error 40001 pops up. It gives me no specifics on what this could be related to, I also have no clue where to look for this, i have tried searching for it. My internet connection is working perfectly fine, downloading works just fine, modem is just fine, have tried reseting my modem, have tried restarting my computer, have tried unplugging my wireless adapter, have tried the repair twice. Only thing i can think of at the moment is the client, but what about it? Not sure if i have gave enough info., but i just don't understand how something that was working just fine just stops. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Only thing i can think of at this point is uninstalling and reinstalling, but i'm worried that the client won't connect still.

heinny1
11-17-2013, 11:01 PM
I also cant get my client to work its stuck at 33% before the service ties out fails? im on west coast and havnt logged on since this morning and connected..

NekoChaos
11-17-2013, 11:04 PM
DDO Facebook

Update: Due to a power issue at our datacenter, all services within the datacenter lost power. For unknown reasons, the backup power systems did not properly come online causing all services to lose power and go offline. Once the power issue is resolved, we will begin the process of verifying and restoring our games and websites. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

9:50PM Update: Power has been restored and we are in the process of verifying all systems and services. Once this is complete we will begin the process of restarting all servers and websites. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

XxJFGxX
11-17-2013, 11:07 PM
DDO Facebook

Update: Due to a power issue at our datacenter, all services within the datacenter lost power. For unknown reasons, the backup power systems did not properly come online causing all services to lose power and go offline. Once the power issue is resolved, we will begin the process of verifying and restoring our games and websites. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

9:50PM Update: Power has been restored and we are in the process of verifying all systems and services. Once this is complete we will begin the process of restarting all servers and websites. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for the update.I don't go on facebook because of a personal reason but thank you for the info regardless.

ClubbinSeals
11-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Ahhhh... Thank you very much for the info. However, is there anywhere i can receive that information besides facebook and twitter? For those of us that don't use those sites. If not, I would find it very unprofessional to not at least post something on the forums. If they did,and if I missed it, I do apologize.

Vordax
11-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Ahhhh... Thank you very much for the info. However, is there anywhere i can receive that information besides facebook and twitter? For those of us that don't use those sites. If not, I would find it very unprofessional to not at least post something on the forums. If they did,and if I missed it, I do apologize.

You can visit the facebook page without logging in. No account needed to see the status updates.

ClubbinSeals
11-17-2013, 11:38 PM
You can visit the facebook page without logging in. No account needed to see the status updates.

Fair enough. My only point given would be that for those of us that "don't" use facebook, we would never know. But thank you for that, wasn't aware of that.