PDA

View Full Version : Need help with build - Warforged Evoker or LotB - 18FS/2monk viable?

BuyerSeller
11-15-2013, 09:59 PM
I really love Warforged plus all my stuff is centered around a WF Wizard (docents) so it would be way nice to stick with WF anyway!

This would be a 36 point build with +4 tomes for every stat - I will also have 3 wizard past live's under my belt to add to SP!

I thought about just being a LotB but I much prefer casting and know I would love the evoker way more! Please throw me some idea's!

SirValentine
11-16-2013, 11:09 AM
I really love Warforged
<snip>
I thought about just being a LotB but I much prefer casting and know I would love the evoker way more!

If you want to do the melee greatsword thing, WF is OK, I guess. I've never played one, but some of my guildies have.

But there is no real synergy between WF and a caster divine. You're 3-4 Wisdom behind a Human or Half-elf, plus the other racial benefits (HUMAN FREE EXTRA FEAT!). The WF immunities matter less on a Clr/FvS than other classes, too, since you get the relevant buffs to do the same thing (FoM, Death Ward, etc.). And there's the negative healing amp.

Doesn't mean you can't do it; if you're fine with a flavor build, and don't care about the very hardest content, go for it. I'm sure it could work just fine in most places.

BuyerSeller
11-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Well, I need to do the class three times, so I guess at least once would not hurt to see how it is. I already did three wizard lives and after the fs lives I will go sorc lives x3 or just be done with it and go back to wizard. I am not sure yet honestly! I just don't have any good robes for a non warforged and all my good stuff is in docent form :<

cdr
11-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Destruction/Implosion/Blade Barrier will work great in heroic elites, and even decently up into most epic hards. They will never cut it in Epic Elite though. If you're just doing heroic TR past lives, you can even do both melee and casting and have it work great - heroic FVS lives go super quick. If you're going to TR right away, I would even recommend 2 barb for 10% base run speed + 50% run boost.

BuyerSeller
11-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Yes it will not be anything past heroic elite on this life. So that is good to hear that it will be fine for that!

Also if anyone has any experience I am also contemplating a different build of a human 6 ranger/14 favored soul for full arcane archer and still a quite potent favored soul with nice spells, SLA etc. I love to solo and even with my torc and GS CO goggles mana can get low so having a backup plan is always nice, or in this case not having to use mana nearly as often at all would be nice! I would end up getting (1) 7th spell which would be destruction. I really did want to try implosion eventually, but I don't really want to have 18 levels of FS just for one spell when I think I can get so much more mileage from an AA with unlimited arrows and a good bow! (Zen Archery) and wow manyshots looks amazing!