PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Monk feat for caster Cleric?

MagicalDad
11-13-2013, 05:50 AM
I am leveling a evocation-specced Clr18/Mnk2 (he's lvl 16 right now), and looking to redo the Stunning Fist I took at lvl 2 when I was still meleeing. Options are Toughness and Mobility (took Dodge for my other Monk feat). So, what would make me more survivable - 2% dodge or 25 extra hit points?

Alisonique
11-13-2013, 05:56 AM
2% is good if you have other sources of dodge, otherwise the hp might be more useful. My 2d

sebastianosmith
11-13-2013, 06:56 AM
Are you certain you want to give up Stunning Fist? I have a halfling clonk in that level range and she still has to physically defend herself frequently. Stunning Fist makes that a whole lot easier.

If you really want it gone, take Mobility and slot a Dodge item. The HPs from Toughness represent little in the way of survivability at levels 16 and above.

SirValentine
11-13-2013, 07:20 AM
Are you wearing medium or heavy armor? How is your Reflex save? If not wearing heavier armor, perhaps Lightning Reflexes to make your Evasion work better would be worth considering.

My current Monk-splashed Sorc took Dodge & Lightning Reflexes. Though I'm not sure I'd want to skip Stunning Fist if I was on a Wis-based character.

MagicalDad
11-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Are you wearing medium or heavy armor? How is your Reflex save? If not wearing heavier armor, perhaps Lightning Reflexes to make your Evasion work better would be worth considering.

My current Monk-splashed Sorc took Dodge & Lightning Reflexes. Though I'm not sure I'd want to skip Stunning Fist if I was on a Wis-based character.

No armor - outfit only, using water stance for wisdom/saves. With buffs, reflex is sitting at about 26 or so, which is not terrible @ lvl 16, but certainly a lot of fails. With VSD wraps I have about 37 stunning fist DC, but since I really never swap out my casting q-staff, I don't really use it. So, the choice for me is between Mobility and Lightning Reflexes. Certainly, both have merit, will have to give it some thought.