PDA

View Full Version : Raider's Reward Box Delivery Issue

Cordovan
11-12-2013, 04:39 PM
We are aware that some characters did not receive the Raider's Reward Box they expected to receive with the release of Update 20. We continue to investigate the cause, and plan to distribute new boxes to all characters in the next patch. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for raiding!

rest
11-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Does that mean everyone gets a box, or only those who meet the initial requirements but somehow got left out?

Untitled
11-12-2013, 04:50 PM
We are aware that some characters did not receive the Raider's Reward Box they expected to receive with the release of Update 20. We continue to investigate the cause, and plan to distribute new boxes to all characters in the next patch. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for raiding!

Awesome! Thanks for the fast response, and very generous solution!

Cordovan
11-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Does that mean everyone gets a box, or only those who meet the initial requirements but somehow got left out?

Everyone.

PNGameAcct
11-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Everyone.

:|

The

Grace_ana
11-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Wow. Way more than I expected from something that was basically a goodwill gift to begin with. That's awesome!

Ivan_Milic
11-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Fastest and easiest way to fix it.

rest
11-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Everyone.

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

CheeseMilk
11-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Neat!

Tscheuss
11-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Everyone.

Thank you.

I thank every one of you. :)

Calinthus
11-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Said it before, I'll say it again. You guys are AWESOME!!!

drathdragon
11-12-2013, 05:17 PM
in fact .. today I became very sad when i saw my favorite toon (who uses quarterstaff) missing that.

the Sireth, Spear of the Sky would be so perfect for him !! :.(

cipherdawn
11-12-2013, 05:26 PM
So if you get one in update 20, would you get another in update 20.1 ?

psteen1
11-12-2013, 05:27 PM
ummmmmmmmmm.... wow?

That means some of my toons will get two boxes in total? Seems... too good, but I'm not complaining.

Bolo_Grubb
11-12-2013, 05:31 PM
ummmmmmmmmm.... wow?

That means some of my toons will get two boxes in total? Seems... too good, but I'm not complaining.

This is what many in my guild are wondering.

Alcedes
11-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Everyone.

so does this mean that those lucky enough to get their reward box will get a second one while the rest of just get one?

Stoner81
11-12-2013, 05:40 PM

Does this mean that characters who already got a box will get another one?

Stoner81.

HungarianRhapsody
11-12-2013, 05:42 PM

That's very classy and it's a very much appreciated gesture. Thank you for doing more than anyone expected for this.

http://blogs.cisco.com/upload/images/Fonz.jpg

Shorlong
11-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Does this mean that characters who already got a box will get another one?

Stoner81.

As unfair as it sounds, it would seem to me that the path to make sure only those who got one already would not only be exceptionally time consuming, but could potentially lead to more issues arising. I think just doing a blanket EVERYONE would be the fairest way to do it, and I still don't feel it will kill the raid.

Though, my shadar-kai with TWO Agonies will be very pleased with this...

dredre9987
11-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Everyone.

How about an account that was VIP dropped VIP at the moment and has more characters than character slots....Will those characters also receive a box if they go back VIP ( and then have the slots )? Even after the boxes were given out?

Steiner-Davion
11-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Everyone.

So every existing character gets a box?

Shorlong
11-12-2013, 06:11 PM
How about an account that was VIP dropped VIP at the moment and has more characters than character slots....Will those characters also receive a box if they go back VIP ( and then have the slots )? Even after the boxes were given out?

I would assume yes...my toons got their LR +20 hearts when my VIP was dropped. I subbed back the day after the expansion and all the toons I couldn't access had them.

LrdSlvrhnd
11-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Everyone.

First: Kudos on such a quick response. And a rather fair response. That said, I have a question.

Most of my characters, I'm unsure what I want from the box for whatever reason. Back when there was a problem with the birthday boxes, you guys gave another round to "everyone" - which really meant "everyone who didn't currently have a birthday box in their inventory." So others who either opened the box and didn't get the requested tome, or who opened the box and DID get the tome, got a replacement box - meaning the latter group got a chance for two tomes - while those of us who followed the "don't open the birthday boxes!" instructions didn't get a second box.

Does "Everyone" mean my characters will have two boxes if I don't open them up, or will this be like the birthday box again?

In other words, should I:

Not open the box, because they'll get a second box even if one's already currently in inventory;
Open the box and pick something I think they'll maybe want, because that way they'll get a second;
Destroy the box the night before the patch hits, so I'll get a second box and then buyback the first, so I can put BOTH boxes in the bank until I'm ready;
Do whatever I feel like, because only characters who didn't already get a box with U20 will get one with 20.1; or
Do something else entirely?

My gut reaction is 2) but I'm hoping for 1)

Myrddinman
11-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Everyone.

Huzzah!

toaftoaf
11-12-2013, 07:13 PM
everyone? i just wonder if they will pull a bill clinton on this one. :D
ohh my god the pinions will be EVERYWHERE at least the lag fest raid wont be ran for awhile

Myrddinman
11-12-2013, 07:19 PM
everyone?
ohh my god the pinions will be EVERYWHERE at least the lag fest raid wont be ran for awhile

http://cdn.meme.li/i/pk9bz.jpg

...just make sure you slot Ghostbane when it's fully upgraded ;)

Karadon_II
11-12-2013, 07:23 PM
I did a lot of raiding, mainly Shroud for Greensteel weapons and items and TRed two characters before U19. I didn't do any Raiding or didn't TR between 19 and 20 even on my Epic characters as I was mainly working on the TRs. When my guildmate showed me what he got on his characters [some who did TR and Raid but also some who didn't] I felt sick that I didn't at least find the time to do a Raid before U20.

Despite what Cordovan implied - I think it would be to good to be true to expect all characters - even the Level 7's living in the bank as storage mules who have never been played to be given Level 23 Raid loot. I'll just but that down to poor Jerry hitting the ol' sauce after a long day of updating.

merentha
11-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Well played, Turbine. Well played.

So many characters of mine will be begging to be dusted off and leveled at breakneck pace to 23...with a small pause to craft them a GS accessory along the way ><

Battery
11-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Everyone.

even my mother's brother's neighbors boyfriend's dog?

merentha
11-12-2013, 08:04 PM
even my mother's brother's neighbors boyfriend's dog?

Assuming the dog has an account or is a character on someone's account.

mna
11-12-2013, 08:06 PM
First: Kudos on such a quick response. And a rather fair response. That said, I have a question.

Most of my characters, I'm unsure what I want from the box for whatever reason. Back when there was a problem with the birthday boxes, you guys gave another round to "everyone" - which really meant "everyone who didn't currently have a birthday box in their inventory." So others who either opened the box and didn't get the requested tome, or who opened the box and DID get the tome, got a replacement box - meaning the latter group got a chance for two tomes - while those of us who followed the "don't open the birthday boxes!" instructions didn't get a second box.

Wasn't that simple. I'm fairly sure that anywhere between 0 and 3 boxes was possible with all the weird stuff that was going on.

I do hope that it won't be as unpredictable this time.

Samir_Bennal
11-12-2013, 09:18 PM

Could you add a dwarf axe as an option in this one? Was severely disappointed that the one box I did get was on my dwarf axe exclusive fighter and no axe to choose. Basically nothing for me at all on that one.

LrdSlvrhnd
11-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Wasn't that simple. I'm fairly sure that anywhere between 0 and 3 boxes was possible with all the weird stuff that was going on.

I do hope that it won't be as unpredictable this time.

Yeah, actually, it was that simple. One of my friends opened up the boxes on everyone, successfully got tomes on everyone who wanted them (and I believe SP pots on the few who already had a full set), and a short while later got a second box on everyone.

Meanwhile, I didn't open my boxes on anyone because we were told not to until after the patch, and a short while later I got... bupkus. It was the original attempts to fix things that weird stuff was maybe happening (I dunno, first I heard about that), but when they decided to just give everyone another box, it only appeared for those who didn't already have one currently in inventory or the bank.

Grecan
11-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Is this some joke or misunderstanding..?

Honestly, something sounds wrong to me about every single toon getting a Raider's box

Cause, for one, not even my char who was elligible for it (and got it) really desrves it

CarpeNoctu
11-13-2013, 12:29 AM
Everyone.

Please pardon me for being so anally retentive, but could you elaborate? Either you have implied or I/we have inferred that each and every character (which will include the level 7 Cleric I rolled up and never played and all 4 of my level 15 Iconic mules who have only been played enough to expand their inventories and banks, and the level 1 I have on a separate free account only because I'm too lazy to log in and delete him) will receive the Raider's Reward Box. Is that the case?

Just to be clear, I have no problem with this... Nor do I have any problem with it only being the TRs and Raiders. I would just appreciate a bit of clarity. Just to be sure. Before this gets out of hand and we have protesters with pitchforks (+7 Dev Bane pitchforks, that is) outside of the Eberron embassy.

Myrddinman
11-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Before this gets out of hand and we have protesters with pitchforks (+7 Dev Bane pitchforks, that is) outside of the Eberron embassy.

+7 Dev Bane pitchforks of Ghostbane, you mean

Seriously though, here's the new announcement on the Launcher:

Two words stick out...I guess we'll find out soon.

FuzzyDuck81
11-13-2013, 01:53 AM
So after all that fruitless raid running to hunt for celestia, my ninja will now have 2 of them?

I'm too manly to give voice to the sheer amount of inner squee, the repression of which I think might end up giving me a hernia or something.

Micron
11-13-2013, 02:32 AM
If I'm getting this right and every character gets a box, I'm trying to think of a reason why I should ever bother to run CitW again after this, because all my toons will now have everything they want from it, after only about 20 runs across all of my 7 or so active characters... I never missed out on any 20th rewards.

Everybody already flagged all their main characters to get a box in this update, and the vast majority of people probably got one (I did on all characters who were flagged for it). There aren't many who want more than two weapons from the raid. So I can't imagine who'll run it now, except maybe on brand new characters rolled after the next patch, or for giggles.. But these people might struggle to put a full group together and might have to short man.

It's not the best raid, it's a bit long for my taste, but I still find it a bit sad I won't be motivated to run it anymore.

Micron
11-13-2013, 02:53 AM
Not to mention the fact that everybody will be running around swinging the same weapons now. Every archer will now have a Pinion, which is far better than any other DPS bow in game, every THF will have a Cleaver, etc. Variety is good. That pleasant geeky feeling that you have something special that others don't have, because you took the time to grind it, will be gone. It's one of the reasons why people do raids, to get something special.

Of course, there are the people who missed out on their 20th rewards at the beginning of this mess and their deserved a compensation, but the solution the devs have come up with is heavy-handed and not very well thought out.

Silverleafeon
11-13-2013, 03:02 AM
Slotted Weapons....think a bit...

Micron
11-13-2013, 03:21 AM
think a bit...
That will be hard.. It's early and I haven't had a coffee yet.
Slotted weapons... You mean upgrade the weapons to have slots... using Comms of Heroism... Run CitW for Comms? Is that what you mean?

Karadon_II
11-13-2013, 05:45 AM
So I can't imagine who'll run it now, except maybe on brand new characters rolled after the next patch, or for giggles.. But these people might struggle to put a full group together and might have to short man.

But aren't these boxed weapons only the 'base' weapon? You have to get 25 or 26 Commendations of Heroism just to upgrade them! As people are getting TWO items they'll need at least 50 of the things.

Yeah sure you get them from The Fall of Truth quicker and easier but I'm sure there are people who will want these upgrades sooner than through FoT. If anything there could be an increase in people wanting CitW?

Micron
11-13-2013, 05:54 AM
But aren't these boxed weapons only the 'base' weapon? You have to get 25 or 26 Commendations of Heroism just to upgrade them! As people are getting TWO items they'll need at least 50 of the things.

Yeah sure you get them from The Fall of Truth quicker and easier but I'm sure there are people who will want these upgrades sooner than through FoT. If anything there could be an increase in people wanting CitW?
I don't know... I certainly don't see myself running CitW for comms. It's long and we, mere mortals who have to settle for EH pugs (which on my server can easily taken an hour if you include getting ready, waiting for people to switch chars at the end etc.), aren't even guaranteed to get a commendation in it. An EH FoT is significantly shorter, you get a guaranteed 1d2 comms and - in my opinion - it's also more fun.

Maybe that's just me. Maybe people who really like CitW or are good enough to run it smoothly on EE (and therefore are guaranteed to get 2 comms, if DDO wiki is right) without spending the whole evening in it will still run it.

CeltEireson
11-13-2013, 06:41 AM
I don't know... I certainly don't see myself running CitW for comms. It's long and we, mere mortals who have to settle for EH pugs (which on my server can easily taken an hour if you include getting ready, waiting for people to switch chars at the end etc.), aren't even guaranteed to get a commendation in it. An EH FoT is significantly shorter, you get a guaranteed 1d2 comms and - in my opinion - it's also more fun.

Maybe that's just me. Maybe people who really like CitW or are good enough to run it smoothly on EE (and therefore are guaranteed to get 2 comms, if DDO wiki is right) without spending the whole evening in it will still run it.

Well assuming they are actually giving the weapons to everyone (and I think at this stage they probably will have to - as they don't appear to have any way to track when someone did a raid once they've tred, which will make it very difficult to know who is really due one or not, plus the fact that if they withdraw the offer at a later stage the howls of protest will probably be heard on the moon) then they have two options to make sure people run the quest - up the rate of comms dropping in it to make it worthwhile to run for those, or introduce shiny new loot into the loot table, neither of which exactly requires a lot of development work. Assuming they release more raids I suspect the loot from CITW will be overshadowed by whatever's available in those in the not too distant future.

Secondly - I'm assuming they picked CITW for a reason - they looked at the numbers running it, numbers buying the pack and other packs etc etc and this was the one that would have least impact financially. They may not care that fewer people will be running the raid because they figure that people will still be buying the forgotten realms packs regardless. Who knows.

Ibdsnake
11-13-2013, 06:47 AM
Everyone.

One of the important things about an MMO is to ensure that players, especially VIPs, do not feel that their character has been greatly disadvantaged by a fix that greatly benefits some. The double box issue (I am assuming the plan is to give all characters, to include non-VIPS?, will receive a box. This will result in those who did not get a box the first time who should have getting one box while those who were not impacted get two. The items are pretty incredible and for two weapon wielders, being permanently precluded from having two such weapons. I would suggest the following as a somewhat more equitable solution that should not be too difficult to implement that would prevent a large number of players from feeling short changed.

Proceed with the plan for one box for each character but, at least for VIPs, make one box a slightly different item with the same list of items but "Bound to Account" versus "Bound to Character" (would be nice if the item from this box was treated the same but that gets complicated so the items still bind to the character that opens the box). As has been done with other items, I believe, this version of the box would appear in the inventory of the first toon opened after the fix.

I have been a DDO player for a very long time and I appreciate Turbine's efforts to address this issue. I hope this suggestion is considered as I think it will go a long way to address potential imbalance and resultant discontent.

Thanks

Micron
11-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Secondly - I'm assuming they picked CITW for a reason - they looked at the numbers running it, numbers buying the pack and other packs etc etc and this was the one that would have least impact financially. They may not care that fewer people will be running the raid because they figure that people will still be buying the forgotten realms packs regardless. Who knows.
I always thought they picked CitW because it was the one most affected by the bugged completion counter (and subsequent bugged 20th reward) of all raids.

Upping the comms drop rate and making CitW more competitive in comparison to FoT in this regard might be a way to go.

Aviya
11-13-2013, 07:10 AM
Basically after next patch one of the last 2 raids that was still run by the players will be useless and not run anymore because everyone will have everything out of it.
Good job Turbine. You killed half of the Raiding End Game

NytCrawlr
11-13-2013, 07:47 AM

My friend has two accounts for his cats. :D

Turbine...doing their best to make me re-sub after December.

HungarianRhapsody
11-13-2013, 07:55 AM
Basically after next patch one of the last 2 raids that was still run by the players will be useless and not run anymore because everyone will have everything out of it.
Good job Turbine. You killed half of the Raiding End Game

People still need commendations to upgrade. Serious raiders already had a weapon (unless they were looking for Pinion since everyone wants a Pinion) and were either looking for commendations or had already given up on the raid. "Light-duty" raiders might skip CitW now, but it's not a fun raid for most (including me) that most of us were avoiding it anyway.

Honestly, I think that the thing that killed half of the Raiding End Game was the fact that they made all of their raids obsolete and replaced them with one decent-ish raid and one very annoying raid. We used to have 6 raids that I enjoyed and that were all relevant. Now we have one and a half. I might as well TR if there is only one and a half raids for me to participate in. And I'm not buying my Hearts of Wood in the DDO store, I'll tell you that.

Having the CitW weapons makes me significantly more likely to stick around for FoT instead of just bouncing back to level 1. I'm glad that they handed out these weapons.

nibel
11-13-2013, 08:02 AM

Any chances to update the raider box to have items from all raids, instead of only citw? Half of my characters are happy with their weaponry, but would love a torc, a GS cleanser or a ToD ring.

katz
11-13-2013, 08:37 AM
wow. O.o

erm. add me to the list of people wondering if a second box is given to someone who already qualified for and got one.

brian14
11-13-2013, 08:38 AM
This is actually pretty funny:

I knew about Raider's Boxes, and expected to get them only on two toons -- the bard who TR'd since U19, and the ranger who did several raids since then. Couple days ago someone reminded me that non-epic Plane of Night is also a raid, which meant my artificer is also eligible. Great! What I completely missed, or maybe saw and forgot, was that everyone is getting a free LR heart. So first toon I log onto, I see a box (as expected) and... where did this Heart come from?? When I realize everyone has a free LR heart, I think: "What should I do with free CiTW weapon on my level 7 mule? I guess use this LR to max out her haggle, then sell the Pinion. Talk about waste... but it's not like I am playing her! Oh, wait -- she is not getting the box. Never mind."

Except now she is. Base value of CiTW weapons is 9200 plat.

HungarianRhapsody
11-13-2013, 09:15 AM
wow. O.o

erm. add me to the list of people wondering if a second box is given to someone who already qualified for and got one.

Everyone.

HungarianRhapsody
11-13-2013, 09:16 AM
This is actually pretty funny:

I knew about Raider's Boxes, and expected to get them only on two toons -- the bard who TR'd since U19, and the ranger who did several raids since then. Couple days ago someone reminded me that non-epic Plane of Night is also a raid, which meant my artificer is also eligible. Great! What I completely missed, or maybe saw and forgot, was that everyone is getting a free LR heart. So first toon I log onto, I see a box (as expected) and... where did this Heart come from?? When I realize everyone has a free LR heart, I think: "What should I do with free CiTW weapon on my level 7 mule? I guess use this LR to max out her haggle, then sell the Pinion. Talk about waste... but it's not like I am playing her! Oh, wait -- she is not getting the box. Never mind."

Except now she is. Base value of CiTW weapons is 9200 plat.

Take the commendations on the mule. If they ever become BtA, you'll be able to hand them to another character.

Fedora1
11-13-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm too manly to give voice to the sheer amount of inner squee, the repression of which I think might end up giving me a hernia or something.

If I were to follow the trend of placing quotes in my sig, this would be it. +1

CarpeNoctu
11-13-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm VIP with 22 characters and 2 TRs. I got 1 box on my main, who has both raided and TRd since U19.

My fiancee is premium with 15 characters. No TRs and no Raids run (except for Chrono and Tempest's Spine) but she has 2 boxes (one on each of her oldest characters).

Just for the sake of information...

Grimlock
11-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Cordovan thank you for doing this. I think this is an excellent good faith gesture shown by Turbine.

That being said do you have an ETA on when the next path might be happening? I am assuming it will be a week or two before you apply it. Secondly, I would request instead of MotU items the developers include a list of Epic gear, helms, or armor from the Gianthold. My 2 cents, but I will be grateful for whatever is provided.

Cordovan
11-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Cordovan thank you for doing this. I think this is an excellent good faith gesture shown by Turbine.

That being said do you have an ETA on when the next path might be happening? I am assuming it will be a week or two before you apply it. Secondly, I would request instead of MotU items the developers include a list of Epic gear, helms, or armor from the Gianthold. My 2 cents, but I will be grateful for whatever is provided.

It may be sooner than a week or two, we'll probably have more to pass along within the next 24-48 hours, depending on how quickly things come together.

UurlockYgmeov
11-13-2013, 02:27 PM
It may be sooner than a week or two, we'll probably have more to pass along within the next 24-48 hours, depending on how quickly things come together.

+1 - can it also include additional fried pork products and perhaps a set of kitchen tongs? ;p

Silverleafeon
11-13-2013, 03:43 PM

Very generous of DDO, thank you.

My bank toon thanks you too, and dreams of someday adventuring...

Dilbon
11-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Take the commendations on the mule. If they ever become BtA, you'll be able to hand them to another character.

And even if they aren't, you can still use them to buy augments in Gianthold.

Jasparion
11-13-2013, 05:41 PM
This sounds like an awesome way to correct a problem.

My only question is, will the system scan for an existing box and then provide another, or is it a simple "here we go, you all get a new one" ?

Alistina
11-13-2013, 08:13 PM

Thanks for the ETA Cordovan. 2 of my 3 eligible toons did not get the box and await eagerly for the box of goodies. Also please don't listen to the endless comments and don't change the box,, at least not for the toons that have not received them so far. I just hope I do get them in the end for all my eligible toons, quite a few of my alts never received the last b'dy box, 1st time or the 2nd. As for the one toon who has already received her box, or my other not eligible alts, I don't care what happens with them since they don't truly deserve another one/ or a 1st in case of the alts.

Also, its a big shame to see people who are demanding yet more items/or whatever else from Turbine in the second round of boxes...is this not more than enough that you're getting awesome rare weapon (or 2) from a raid that you need to ask for more? This proves that some people can never ever be pleased and will always find an excuse to crib and complaint. Shame on you!

doawithlife
11-13-2013, 09:33 PM
At least my end life will be easy.
Outside of LR stuff I have been skipped on every box or free item, except this time. I really want that flask of heroism, but I never got one. This time it looks like I will get two of these boxes. In this game, you win some you lose some.

Side note, why not make the boxes costs 19,999 then make a promo to get one free. That way people are in charge of getting the box themselves and ddo can't screw it up. If some super rich person wants to spend an extra $200 to get a bonus box, great that is $200 to help a game I like. After a week, retire the box and have it never show up in the store again.

sdrocky
11-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Thanks turbine

BTW. A lot of people think to hard. I cant actually believe some of the comments in this thread. Example, "this isnt fair. i know some people that already got a raiders box, this will mean they get 2. how come my noob char fresh of korthos who dosnt even have clothes yet let alone raid loot dosnt get 2 uber level 23 CITW raid loot items. RAGE QUIT AND CANCEL VIP SUB i say"

Sheesh. who gives a. Just be grateful Turbine is even giving you anything. They could of said "oops stuff up with 20th completion reward lists, stiff poo, deal with it"

Micki
11-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Can I haz something else pls?

:D lol. Well, I guess I can always vendor it if I don't have the space.

:) No, I think it's a nice gesture from turbine, even though I personally would have wanted something else.

Habreno
11-14-2013, 08:56 AM

That would be ruff, sir.

On topic now: Thanks. Keep us posted on information.

*more groans from the audience*

Sorry guys, I went to the grocery store, they were out of eggs. I don't have any good yokes.

TechnicallyZero
11-14-2013, 10:27 AM

Does "Everyone" mean my characters will have two boxes if I don't open them up, or will this be like the birthday box again?

In other words, should I:

Not open the box, because they'll get a second box even if one's already currently in inventory;
Open the box and pick something I think they'll maybe want, because that way they'll get a second;
Destroy the box the night before the patch hits, so I'll get a second box and then buyback the first, so I can put BOTH boxes in the bank until I'm ready;
Do whatever I feel like, because only characters who didn't already get a box with U20 will get one with 20.1; or
Do something else entirely?

My gut reaction is 2) but I'm hoping for 1)

I don't understand why people are so worried about this. If you got a box and get a second, whoopee. If you didn't get a box and now do, whoopee! its not like the box contained a magic completionist token of gimmie all the loot. Personally, I think it's great that the dev team put forth the effort to make people happy. After coming back to DDO from several years away, playing several other games and seeing how bad communication and customer relations can be, this effort makes me happy. Box or no box.

Thanks Turbinites for the effort.

TechnicallyZero
11-14-2013, 10:37 AM
At least my end life will be easy.
Outside of LR stuff I have been skipped on every box or free item, except this time. I really want that flask of heroism, but I never got one. This time it looks like I will get two of these boxes. In this game, you win some you lose some.

Side note, why not make the boxes costs 19,999 then make a promo to get one free. That way people are in charge of getting the box themselves and ddo can't screw it up. If some super rich person wants to spend an extra $200 to get a bonus box, great that is $200 to help a game I like. After a week, retire the box and have it never show up in the store again.

Thats actually a great idea for future gifts, prominently post it in the store with a once per character or account code, for a limited time. Then its on the player to get their gift and if they miss out, they miss out. No apologies from development unless the store just doesn't deliver the item. No server downtime to fix oopses that might occur when trying to send things to specific characters. And best of all, it kills the question 'do my inactive characters get the reward?'

databass
11-14-2013, 11:39 AM
If I'm getting this right and every character gets a box, I'm trying to think of a reason why I should ever bother to run CitW again after this, because all my toons will now have everything they want from it, after only about 20 runs across all of my 7 or so active characters... I never missed out on any 20th rewards.

Everybody already flagged all their main characters to get a box in this update, and the vast majority of people probably got one (I did on all characters who were flagged for it). There aren't many who want more than two weapons from the raid. So I can't imagine who'll run it now, except maybe on brand new characters rolled after the next patch, or for giggles.. But these people might struggle to put a full group together and might have to short man.

It's not the best raid, it's a bit long for my taste, but I still find it a bit sad I won't be motivated to run it anymore.

I'm not complaining, ran it 40 times on my pally tank, only saw Celestia drop 3 times and was up for roll only once (I didn't win), and it wasn't in either of the 20th completion rewards lists. Might even do it on EE just for giggles now!

Grecan
11-16-2013, 04:06 PM
I always thought they picked CitW because it was the one most affected by the bugged completion counter (and subsequent bugged 20th reward) of all raids.This is my understanding, too, and the reason why I said that even my eligible character didn't really deserve a box, as he hasn't raided during the last 2,5 years... and now he has two of them.
I'm not sure i checked all my other toons, but i got one in everyone i checked, even a lvl 1 who hasn't stepped out of Korthos yet.

So, generous? Yeah...
Fair? I wouldn't use this word
I would use maybe the word "spoilish"... if such a word exists

But i'm not complaining...
Thank you Turbine!

Guartwog
11-18-2013, 12:45 AM
its not like the box contained a magic completionist token of gimmie all the loot.

Raid boxes suck. I want one of these. Nay, I *DEMAND* one!

Guartwog
11-18-2013, 12:47 AM
prominently post it in the store with a once per character or account code'

Is it even possible to have coupons be 1/character rather than 1/account?

sdrocky
11-18-2013, 06:50 AM
Is it even possible to have coupons be 1/character rather than 1/account?

They could code it up. Oh, right, maybe they shouldn't.

dadkokke
11-18-2013, 07:37 AM

I checked banked toon to find some that haven't ran in 9 months. Recieved 2 boxes. This was after second give away.