PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Server Downtime: 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Tuesday, November 12th

Cordovan
11-11-2013, 10:15 AM
UPDATE 1:18 PM Eastern - The DDO Store is once again available. Thanks!

UPDATE: The worlds have reopened, but the DDO Store remains unavailable. We will keep you updated. We'll see you in the game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Tuesday, November 12th from 7:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) to launch Update 20. Release notes will be available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

die
11-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Will this update have game content or more improvements? lol

Enoach
11-11-2013, 10:47 AM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Tuesday, November 12th from 7:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) to launch Update 20. Patch notes will be available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

I'm sorry, but you did get a big laugh out of me when I read this because it appears Update 20 is a Patch and not a release of the new TR system.

karl_k0ch
11-11-2013, 10:47 AM

2 new quests and a new reincarnation system. You can find some info on the in the Lamannia section.

not a release of the new TR system.
Or did I miss a memo and IR and ER are surprisingly not included in U20?

silinteresting
11-11-2013, 10:49 AM
ooooooo 11am to 3pm my time great, the kids are at school
my play time has now gone, oh god her indoors is gonna make
me go shoping or something. thankyou ;)

your friend sil :)

Enoach
11-11-2013, 10:51 AM

This is why you need an outdoor hobby one that looks like hours of hard work, but really isn't :)

ArcherBarry
11-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Im looking forward to the new Eldritch Knight enhancement line.

Shorlong
11-11-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm sorry, but you did get a big laugh out of me when I read this because it appears Update 20 is a Patch and not a release of the new TR system.

Uhhmm....what? Update 20 is VERY much the new TR system...

Enoach
11-11-2013, 11:02 AM
2 new quests and a new reincarnation system. You can find some info on the in the Lamannia section.

Or did I miss a memo and IR and ER are surprisingly not included in U20?

No I was making fun of Cordovan's obvious "Cut-n-Paste" error that appears he is calling Update 20 a PATCH and not a release. In which case adding quests, changing the TR system and adding an enhancement tree is now considered a "Fix" instead.

I was poking fun, seems people rolled a 1.

die
11-11-2013, 11:05 AM
2 quests laughable I see they have tons' of fixes on that page but none seem too effect me or my ton's so yea what a drag

apep1412
11-11-2013, 11:07 AM

Maybe they are reforming their naming system. They've referred to some patches as hot-fixes in the past, and our last patch was referred to as maintenance.

luvirini
11-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Maybe they are reforming their naming system. They've referred to some patches as hot-fixes in the past, and our last patch was referred to as maintenance.

It is more like:

Exploit fix: Heads: Hotfix Tails: Maintenance
Hotfix for crashes and similar: Heads: Hotfix Tails: Patch X.Y
Other bugfix only patch: Heads: Patch X.Y Tails: Update X.Y
Update: Heads: Patch X Tails: Update X

Since apparently some randomness is required even in the naming.. :)

Hendrik
11-11-2013, 11:25 AM
No I was making fun of Cordovan's obvious "Cut-n-Paste" error that appears he is calling Update 20 a PATCH and not a release. In which case adding quests, changing the TR system and adding an enhancement tree is now considered a "Fix" instead.

I was poking fun, seems people rolled a 1.

Or your comprehension rolled a 1.

Read again, slowly.

Called it Update 20 with Patch Notes to follow.

They have been called patch notes for how long now?

Since Updates were originally called Modules....

Qhualor
11-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Oh cool. There's an update coming... tomorrow.

SinnJinn2
11-11-2013, 02:05 PM
I think u20 sould be held back until an option to keep the existing 1-20 build when doing an ER is added, also being able to HTR into an iconic without having to take the default first level and be forced to buy a +1 LR to get rid of it.

snape7792
11-11-2013, 02:31 PM
11-11-2013, 04:51 PM
ArcherBarry

Reply - and on the other hand I am looking forward to excluding them from party's because a melee caster is a useless caster. I was looking forward to a pre that might have benefitted a caster. but hey at least sorcs can get a few extra hp from it

SinnJinn2
I think u20 sould be held back until an option to keep the existing 1-20 build when doing an ER is added, also being able to HTR into an iconic without having to take the default first level and be forced to buy a +1 LR to get rid of it.

Reply - pretty sure that's already a feature

ArcherBarry
11-11-2013, 02:37 PM
@snape
Possibly not you but i saw others saying that theyd exclude iconics from thier parties.
Not been an issue for me, doubt it will be if i use Eldritch Knight stuff.

SinnJinn2
11-11-2013, 02:37 PM

SinnJinn2

Reply - pretty sure that's already a feature

It wasn't as of the last update to Lamannia

LeoLionxxx
11-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Wow, why are you guys being such negative-nillies about this.

Yay! 2 new free quests, bug fixes, and Epic/Iconic TR!

Antheal
11-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Or your comprehension rolled a 1.

Read again, slowly.

Called it Update 20 with Patch Notes to follow.

They have been called patch notes for how long now?

Since Updates were originally called Modules....

And release notes are usually called release notes.

Laeelin
11-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Wow, why are you guys being such negative-nillies about this.

Yay! 2 new free quests, bug fixes, and Epic/Iconic TR!

Yep, I've also heard no mention of the xp reduction. My rank 91 will be 20 and ready to TR when this goes live.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Shorlong
11-11-2013, 03:53 PM
and on the other hand I am looking forward to excluding them from party's because a melee caster is a useless caster. I was looking forward to a pre that might have benefitted a caster. but hey at least sorcs can get a few extra hp from it

Reply - Yay, another elitist who will exclude people because their class or tree isn't what he expects it to be. Translation: I need someone to carry me through the quest.

Oxarhamar
11-11-2013, 03:58 PM

Your not forced to LR to get rid of the 1st required class level of Iconics. That is a Choice.

The whole idea of Iconics is that it is a Class Race combo the first level class is required deal with it.

Also big deal you have to level your Character from 1-20 its basically the same as a free lesser reincarnation every time you ETR.

If you like your 1-20 build the way it is then just build it the same but, if you wanted to change the feats around from 1 ETR to the next you are free to do so at no cost.

Enoach
11-11-2013, 04:13 PM
I look at having to re-level from 1-20 on an Epic TR as an advantage for the build.

Mind you, there are good reasons to keep everything the same, but there are also reasons to make minor adjustments.

You may have tomes in areas you did not have before - Attributes and/or Skills. Because of these you may be able to effect minor adjustments to fix weaknesses that you could not prior to the Epic TR. Also this can allow for a Cleaner reordering of Feats (or even a change in style) as you can take the feats in an order that may make them easier to switch out.

I agree I spent 2.5 hours going through an Epic TR -> Then a Lesser 20 -> Finally a Heroic TR during the testing on LAM. It was a lot of time spent on one character, but the end result was what I was after. During that time I will have Vent and Guild Chat to continue socializing. I also expect the Live Version of this will not take me as long as I already have some experience in the direction I'm planning.

I agree it will be tedious at first, but ultimately I still see it as a plus for the process.

Veriden
11-11-2013, 04:46 PM
ArcherBarry

Reply - and on the other hand I am looking forward to excluding them from party's because a melee caster is a useless caster. I was looking forward to a pre that might have benefitted a caster. but hey at least sorcs can get a few extra hp from it

Oh yay another pretender to the 1%. Please tell me you're not on orien, and if you are give me your names so I can squelch you.

Because to me, it seems you know nothing about this game. Eldritch knight is very powerful, as is war priest.

Here is an example of the two on one character who has better self sufficiency and dps than a lot of cookie cutter builds using only items I have on live.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa4/Rikendesol/ScreenShot00051_zpsbdbeca8c.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/Rikendesol/media/ScreenShot00051_zpsbdbeca8c.jpg.html)

snape7792
11-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Reply - Yay, another elitist who will exclude people because their class or tree isn't what he expects it to be. Translation: I need someone to carry me through the quest.

nah just don't feel like carrying others through a quest, like casters that fail at casting because they took melee a melee pre

ycheese123
11-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Oh yay another pretender to the 1%. Please tell me you're not on orien, and if you are give me your names so I can squelch you. Because to me, it seems you know nothing about this game. Eldritch knight is very powerful, as is war priest. Here is an example of the two on one character who has better self sufficiency and dps than a lot of cookie cutter builds using only items I have on live.

WHAT?! I bet you're the kind of guy who thinks clerics and fvs should get to do something besides hjealing me. How outrageous.

Further proof that "casters" shouldn't melee...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6s_ovNcdN4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUFNRrS7xJY

(Juuuust kidding of course. +1)

slarden
11-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Thank you! I am very excited about this update.

Veriden
11-11-2013, 09:12 PM
WHAT?! I bet you're the kind of guy who thinks clerics and fvs should get to do something besides hjealing me. How outrageous.

Further proof that "casters" shouldn't melee...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6s_ovNcdN4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUFNRrS7xJY

(Juuuust kidding of course. +1)

Awesome xD Wait..you said clerics and fvs have heals for other people? Are you ill? :P

My wizard life on my way to completionist was a wraith monk build back before u14. Didn't solo any epics back then but wasn't a bad party member.

Nascoe
11-12-2013, 12:30 AM

It will have 2 new quests, it will bring Epic and Iconic reincarnation (and a change of the UI for true reincarnation as well as putting it in a side chamber of the Hall of Heroes), it will have the new arcane (wiz/sorc) enhancement tree and some bug fixes

donblas
11-12-2013, 05:18 AM

If you are in UK then it's 12 till 4pm

moomooprincess
11-12-2013, 06:02 AM
I did not see any warning messages until the 7:00 AM one that said the server is coming down NOW.

But I knew the update was coming so I was not bothered by it. Not to mention, it was on the launcher screen and on the forums.

NĂ©dime
11-12-2013, 06:52 AM
ArcherBarry

You showed us how deep you unterstand game mechanics. You must truly be an awesome player.

But, my advice : Don't be a square (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi6tQthPDWc) - some players could still surprise you.

2x4
11-12-2013, 06:55 AM
Khyber is back up

Rubix
11-12-2013, 06:55 AM
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 7:53:20 AM EST

... and my game client is updating? Whaaaaaa.....?

Nyata
11-12-2013, 07:00 AM
mine finished updating, login was accepted too, but worlds show as down.
and.. isn#t it funny that as soon as an hour into the downtime we already try? :D

Rubix
11-12-2013, 07:05 AM
mine finished updating, login was accepted too, but worlds show as down.
and.. isn#t it funny that as soon as an hour into the downtime we already try? :D

Don't know what you mean. I can stop any time I want. I just don't want to yet.

2x4
11-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Khyber is back upTo no good, What? Did you think I was talking about the server?

susiedupfer
11-12-2013, 07:34 AM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Tuesday, November 12th from 7:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) to launch Update 20. Release notes will be available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Almost halfway through the downtime, and no release notes yet.

sha123
11-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Where are the release notes?

Docgem
11-12-2013, 07:37 AM

I was just wondering the same thing, we were told they would be available during the down time.

Grosbeak07
11-12-2013, 07:37 AM

Can always read them on lama forums. Almost nothing changes from there to here.

ImanCarrot
11-12-2013, 07:39 AM
Well, tidied up- hovered everything (even my keyboards), walked the dog, stuck her in the bath and found out she don't like hair-dryers, Soldered a mouse that was stuck together with tape for ages, played the guitar for a bit. Cleaned the kitchen, read for a bit and now I'm bored.

T-2.63 hours and counting *tick, tock*

SilkofDrasnia
11-12-2013, 07:43 AM
I did not see any warning messages until the 7:00 AM one that said the server is coming down NOW.

But I knew the update was coming so I was not bothered by it. Not to mention, it was on the launcher screen and on the forums.

Not to mention they announced the servers coming down around 6:30 too.

:p

Nyata
11-12-2013, 07:45 AM
kinda like my list.. did dishes and laundry is getting there, tried to groom the cat, vaccuumed (after I took care of my scratches) to get rid of the hairs, and now gonna watch TV and bribe the cat with treats so she stops looking at me like she is gonna kill me...

donblas
11-12-2013, 07:46 AM
I was just wondering the same thing, we were told they would be available during the down time.

The release notes quite often come up about 10:08 Eastern. Time for the staff to come in, chat about last night's TV, have a coffee, then press the button.

For fellow UK players that's 15:08 (this is not an infallible rule though).

FrancisP.Fancypants
11-12-2013, 07:47 AM

Doesn't matter. People really want to know the things that are never included in the notes: does X "feature" still work, is [normal use of an epicked/upgraded system] working properly, and what did they break this time?

2pleasegimmie
11-12-2013, 07:52 AM
It will have 2 new quests, it will bring Epic and Iconic reincarnation (and a change of the UI for true reincarnation as well as putting it in a side chamber of the Hall of Heroes), it will have the new arcane (wiz/sorc) enhancement tree and some bug fixes

That poorly-designed Hall of Heroes need to be SHRUNK - not expanded. Just make the damn thing a (short) HALL with some doors going to different places. As it is now, it's just as fast to run to Eveningstar Cavern and take the ship :/

Great idea; really poor implementation (surprise).

sha123
11-12-2013, 07:53 AM

wanted to know if they fixed anything lol. Looking forward to the fix in arcane archer imbue toggle functions which keeps disabling and the monk quivering palm and stunning fist bug which does not add counters to EIN.

sha123
11-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Well, tidied up- hovered everything (even my keyboards), walked the dog, stuck her in the bath and found out she don't like hair-dryers, Soldered a mouse that was stuck together with tape for ages, played the guitar for a bit. Cleaned the kitchen, read for a bit and now I'm bored.

u sound like the perfect wife.

FalseFlag
11-12-2013, 07:54 AM
tried to groom the cat, vaccuumed

. . . Did you confuse grooming the cat and vacuuming? That would explain the evil looks!

cherokee83pride
11-12-2013, 07:59 AM

I washed the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, baking a red velvet cake with homemade cream cheese icing and already started the homemade 4 alarm chili in the crock pot.

Where are these so called release notes? I'm running out of things to do while waiting for DDO to come back up. lol

Rubix
11-12-2013, 07:59 AM
. . . Did you confuse grooming the cat and vacuuming? That would explain the evil looks!

This made mr laugh out loud. Thanks, now I have to go clean off my desk and get a new drink.

Nyata
11-12-2013, 08:01 AM

nah I think she hates the noise slightly more than the brush :) and as cats go, she has an exceptional talent for making me feel guilty about it.

Docgem
11-12-2013, 08:03 AM
kinda like my list.. did dishes and laundry is getting there, tried to groom the cat, vaccuumed (after I took care of my scratches) to get rid of the hairs, and now gonna watch TV and bribe the cat with treats so she stops looking at me like she is gonna kill me...

Just vacuum the cat and save some time :)

SenorPhatnutZ
11-12-2013, 08:29 AM
They don't seem to be up yet?

FalseFlag
11-12-2013, 08:34 AM
No game world, no update notes. . . It's 8:30 am and I'm cold and sick! Gimme something! Because I'm jonesin' and I sure ain't doing housework at this time of day!

MartinusWyllt
11-12-2013, 08:41 AM
...played the guitar for a bit. Cleaned the kitchen, read for a bit and now I'm bored....

Got Rocksmith 2014?

I just got it a couple of days ago and here's what I've learned:

1. RS cares about how new your strings are...took ages to get the game to accept my old strings as being tuned but was a snap after I put new strings on.

2. Losing callouses sucks, but I knew that already.

3. I really suck at guitar, but I knew that, too, especially since I'm switching to play left-handed rather than right-handed as I'd learned initially (I am left-handed.)

I expect, after going through the couple of weeks where I re-learn how to freaking touch the thing, and after callouses re-develop that it will be a lot of fun.

drgsldr69
11-12-2013, 08:45 AM
so far my client has updated but refuses to log in. gettign end of file error. (hmm maybe i shoulda waited until 10am my time to run the update lolhttp://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/316/a/f/untitled_1_by_salmercker-d6tzgv8.jpg

FranOhmsford
11-12-2013, 08:50 AM

Almost halfway through the downtime, and no release notes yet.

The Release Notes are NEVER available DURING the downtime {unless that is you count the last 10 minutes of said downtime to be During!}.

When are Cordovan/Tolero et al gonna give us a new Update message {preferably one that doesn't lie to us through it's teeth}?

YoureDown
11-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Super excited for U20, cant wait to make one of my PnP builds into the game!

(meanwhile, as the game is still down, I bought Euro truck sim 2 from humble store for 25% original price and am playing that masterpiece. (also prison architect for 50% price, and chivalry for 25% price)).

Although I must say the eldritch knight system in lama was great, but had a couple kinda minorly useless things in it, hope to see them improved (again, by a tiny bit, nothing bad).

Also, finally something to do with my monk and sorc, both at 28 with all the gear they need XD

chipotle47
11-12-2013, 09:01 AM

You don't think that turbine tracks when the most people are playing and then schedules downtime when the least number of people are playing? Do some chores for a change :P

"The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

drgsldr69
11-12-2013, 09:08 AM
actually they prolly just do it when it best suits them. like first thing in the morning when they get into work that way if any problems occur they have a full day to get the kinks out. Oh wait we are talking about Turbine here. Nevermind. :)

ncarter555
11-12-2013, 09:15 AM
I didn't see anything in Lammania Notes about DEATH AURA being turned off every time you go through a portal....its a bit agitating and mana inefficient to have to do this after every portal I go through....any word on this fix coming?

skilledplayer26
11-12-2013, 09:23 AM
I just noticed that the game is down. I tried to log in and before i did it downloaded and installed a big update. Then i am getting an error when i enter password. anyone else having this problem? The error message is"Failed to read authentication response"{err:unexpected end of file}[Line 1]{Col 1}

blackdae
11-12-2013, 09:23 AM
I just noticed that the game is down. I tried to log in and before i did it downloaded and installed a big update. Then i am getting an error when i enter password. anyone else having this problem? The error message is"Failed to read authentication response"{err:unexpected end of file}[Line 1]{Col 1}

I believe it's down for another 40 mins :)

Grosbeak07
11-12-2013, 09:24 AM

Did you just randomly post in any thread on the forums, or did you bother to read post #1 in this one.

Starchild2013
11-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Ok, so here I sit...TRYING to wait patiently for the update...getting even more frustrated by the second everytime I see that (4-letter f word)ing error message that won't even let me see the world status, when it hits me: Today's update is all a hoax by Turbine! There's nothing happening today (other than the inconvenience of the game coming down), it was all an elaborate lie to see if we would fall for it! Well-played Turbine, well-played...

On a serious note, I'm about to go all Stewie Griffin on them if this game doesn't come up in 35 minutes (which will be 11:00am Eastern) as they advertised (never bright to toy with the addictions of a redhead)!

skilledplayer26
11-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Did you just randomly post in any thread on the forums, or did you bother to read post #1 in this one.

I posted here because i did not realize that during the update or downtime that I could do a masive update to the game. I have never had that since I was playing this game. So i was unsure if I something is messed up or not. Before i would be able to log in and it would say the servers are down. Not do an update and then give me an error message. I was on yesturday so i know the game is up to date until today. So why would i end up doing a update if the servers are not up.?

Draxis
Ok, so here I sit...TRYING to wait patiently for the update...getting even more frustrated by the second everytime I see that (4-letter f word)ing error message that won't even let me see the world status, when it hits me: Today's update is all a hoax by Turbine! There's nothing happening today (other than the inconvenience of the game coming down), it was all an elaborate lie to see if we would fall for it! Well-played Turbine, well-played...

On a serious note, I'm about to go all Stewie Griffin on them if this game doesn't come up in 35 minutes (which will be 11:00am Eastern) as they advertised (never bright to toy with the addictions of a redhead)!

DDO is one helluva drug! I'm sure we'll at least get a status update by 11 EST, and you'll get your fix soon enough ;)

DemonStorm333
unless I am mistaken I have read every post in this thread and nothing about the doom of the down time getting extended have we really as a community givin up on harassing turbine??????? so sad lol :P

Bernaise
11-12-2013, 09:33 AM

Sooo... Release notes will be available 30 seconds before the game comes back live? Or does "Downtime" elude to some future point that isn't between 7-11am EST today?

Kik97
11-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Well, I'm now up downloading the DAT files. So hopefully will be able to log in soon

drgsldr69
unless I am mistaken I have read every post in this thread and nothing about the doom of the down time getting extended have we really as a community givin up on harassing turbine??????? so sad lol :P

give up on it nooo never. however, it is startign to get old constantly complaining and never seeing anything come of it other than the ability to vent.:cool:

Starchild2013
DDO is one helluva drug! I'm sure we'll at least get a status update by 11 EST, and you'll get your fix soon enough ;)

I just need to kill something today before going to clinicals! Nothing gets you through giving elderly men and women showers and wiping their butts like knowing you took out a mob all by yourself before you did it :)

Okay, maybe that's just me, but it keeps me from killing the ones that get grabby :)

EllisDee37
11-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Release notes?

drgsldr69
11-12-2013, 09:35 AM
I just need to kill something today before going to clinicals! Nothing gets you through giving elderly men and women showers and wiping their butts like knowing you took out a mob all by yourself before you did it :)

Okay, maybe that's just me, but it keeps me from killing the ones that get grabby :)

LMMFAO that's all i can say:D;)

Starchild2013
11-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Notes are up

Ekcz
11-12-2013, 09:38 AM
here https://www.ddo.com/en/update-20-release-notes

moomooprincess
11-12-2013, 09:39 AM
I posted here because i did not realize that during the update or downtime that I could do a masive update to the game. I have never had that since I was playing this game. So i was unsure if I something is messed up or not. Before i would be able to log in and it would say the servers are down. Not do an update and then give me an error message. I was on yesturday so i know the game is up to date until today. So why would i end up doing a update if the servers are not up.?

Aren't the Internet and computer amazing things?

Your join date is 2009. Something smells fishy that you have NEVER had anything like this happen to you before during an update.

AzB
11-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Notes are up

Yay! Something to read in between pressing the login button every 45 seconds!

Mindos
11-12-2013, 09:40 AM
That poorly-designed Hall of Heroes need to be SHRUNK - not expanded. Just make the damn thing a (short) HALL with some doors going to different places. As it is now, it's just as fast to run to Eveningstar Cavern and take the ship :/

Great idea; really poor implementation (surprise).

A closet of Heros?

Mindos
11-12-2013, 09:42 AM

Is that mouse Warforged now? How did you overcome the flesh to solder problem? Are you a Cannith Master Artificer?

ImanCarrot

lol nope, were just used to it, which is even sadder.

They're kinda like the evil twin of Scottie: he tells the captain the engines will be fixed in 4 hours and does it in 3, Turbine says 4 and takes 5.

It's kinda the norm, along with all your ship buffs disappearing.

Nyata
hehe.. wonder if you imagine their faces when you kill a kobold or think of killing a troll while they grab :D

Starchild2013
11-12-2013, 09:44 AM
So, I have a question:

I understood from the original notification about Update 20 (and I may have misread it) that they were going to allow Iconics to get rid of that pesky 1st level if they reincarnate with the "free" reincarnation token for Update 20. Did I understand this correctly, or do we still have to buy a +1 piece of wood to do this for our non-Iconic classed Iconics?

Starchild2013
11-12-2013, 09:46 AM
hehe.. wonder if you imagine their faces when you kill a kobold or think of killing a troll while they grab :D

Most of the grabby ones look like the Trolls and Kobolds from this game, so it's REALLY not much of a stretch of the imagination :)

YoureDown
11-12-2013, 09:54 AM
So, I have a question:

I understood from the original notification about Update 20 (and I may have misread it) that they were going to allow Iconics to get rid of that pesky 1st level if they reincarnate with the "free" reincarnation token for Update 20. Did I understand this correctly, or do we still have to buy a +1 piece of wood to do this for our non-Iconic classed Iconics?

You should be able to iirc, +20 lesser heart means you can become anything, dont see a reason why you would not be able to remove that level as well.

Actually, there is some sense about the last level having to be there, but since the hearts of wood use the regular LR system, there would not be any restrictions on that.

You have actually found something I forgot to test on lama, that never happens. kudos!

Starchild2013
11-12-2013, 09:59 AM
You should be able to iirc, +20 lesser heart means you can become anything, dont see a reason why you would not be able to remove that level as well.

Actually, there is some sense about the last level having to be there, but since the hearts of wood use the regular LR system, there would not be any restrictions on that.

You have actually found something I forgot to test on lama, that never happens. kudos!

On Lama, I just grabbed a +1 Heart and called it over with. I never tested to see if we could do it without one (mainly because I was doing it while a nagging 13 year old was sitting there saying "Are you done yet? I wanna kill things!"). I don't know how I get suckered into babysitting her on my gaming days (most likely because it's the only way to keep her from looking at porn on the net)!

Starchild2013
11-12-2013, 10:00 AM
It is now 11:01am...why am I still getting the error message????????

Cordovan
11-12-2013, 10:01 AM
The downtime has been extended until Noon Eastern (-5 GMT). We will keep you updated, and thank you for your continued patience.

DemonStorm333
11-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Yay 11 am est an im still getting that crappy error message lol I hate error messages

drewrayder
11-12-2013, 10:02 AM

because we all know that when they say 7-11 am, it means 7-4 pm because we screwed up and its really longer than 11 am.

YoureDown
11-12-2013, 10:02 AM

The server are literally down. 2 floors down to be exact, someone couldnt apply the patch and got a tiny bit mad.

FoggyKnight
11-12-2013, 10:03 AM
The downtime has been extended until Noon Eastern (-5 GMT). We will keep you updated, and thank you for your continued patience.

Cordovan, I know you dislike delivering bad news, but please make your text brighter so we can read it. It reads like you're whispering, running, and ducking from the inevitable flames out of the room.

DemonStorm333

haha black on black smooth cordo so we wouldn't see it :P

Grosbeak07
because we all know that when they say 7-11 am, it means 7-4 pm because we screwed up and its really longer than 11 am.

No they say 7 to 11am, because that was the first downtime in 2006 and they have copied and pasted the same announcement ever since.

Nyata

sneaky :)

YoureDown
11-12-2013, 10:04 AM

SNEAKY CORDOVAN IS SNEAKY.
expected? expected.

Starchild2013
Alright, who does someone have to sleep with to get an update to go off without a hitch? Cause if I see this error message ONE MORE TIME, my fury is coming down on the Turbine phone lines...and it shall not be pretty, for it IS that time of the month!

cherokee83pride
Yup same here, getting error message "(Failed to read authentication response [err: unexpected end of file][line 1][col: 1]"

Draxis

lol. Sneaky

slarden

Ironically I didn't see your post in Chrome until I replied. #Invisible

drewrayder

theres a surprise......then 1...then 2....you guys always do this dam near every update....why not just post something realistic? like servers will be going down at 7:am eastern time for an update. they will come back online just as soon as everything works fine?

would be a real breath of fresh air.

Klael_God

Time to go back to youtube and watch random stuff. o-o

Kik97
11-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Cordovan's post says downtime has been extended to 12pm. thanks for your patience

dragondragondragon
11-12-2013, 10:06 AM

Your message is invisible. I had to use +5 goggles of ghostbane to read it.

Drwaz99
11-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Cordovan, I know you dislike delivering bad news, but please make your text brighter so we can read it. It reads like you're whispering, running, and ducking from the inevitable flames out of the room.

I think this is a browser issue and not his posting it in black. In both FF and Chrome for me, his text is white on black.

ishr
11-12-2013, 10:08 AM
UPDATE: The downtime has been extended until Noon Eastern (-5 GMT). We will keep you updated, and thank you for your continued patience.

SNEAKY SNEAKY

Why not just post the update? Mayhaps attempting to buy 1 hour? PROMOTE THIS MAN!

BinyaminTsadik
Bags are no longer allowed in Guild Chests.

Hmmm... I wonder why?

FalseFlag
Of course it's been extended. . .

Zibowskij
I think this is a browser issue and not his posting it in black. In both FF and Chrome for me, his text is white on black.

I think he was testing our spot skills :P

Hathorian

easy guy. this comment isn't helpful or wanted.

YoureDown
11-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Would like cordo/any other dev to reply:

Why not apply patches like any other self respecting online game company:

1. code
2. apply patch on exact copy of live server with exact same hardware
3. test and test and fix until all works
3. when all is right, 1 hour downtime to flip a switch to the other server and make sure all is right.
4. on next update go back to the other hardware, and so on...

instead of 5 hour downtimes because the update wouldn't work with the hardware, theres a software glitch, or any other problem...

FalseFlag
11-12-2013, 10:09 AM

I'm using Chrome and it's black on black for me. BoB, small TNR.

Starchild2013
11-12-2013, 10:11 AM

I shall be in clinicals at that time (like you guys EVER get these things done when you say you will)! Your phone line will have a 4.5 hour reprieve until I get out of said clinicals. If I try to log on when I get home and still can't, may the gods have mercy on the soul unfortunate enough to answer the phone when I call!

Sidebar: My rage is fully the fault of Turbine Entertainment and Warner Brothers, if they had not created such an addictive monster then I would not be using it to distract myself from menstrual cramps and grabby old men! Any and ALL raging/flaming comments were solely brought upon themselves by themselves for failing to keep promised delivery times. This message will self-destruct (taking its intended reader with it) as soon as Cordovan reads it (he is the one who delivered the bad news after all). Have a nice day (in my best Kyra Sedgewick as Brenda Lee Johnson from The Closer)!

Hendrik
11-12-2013, 10:11 AM
theres a surprise......then 1...then 2....you guys always do this dam near every update....why not just post something realistic? like servers will be going down at 7:am eastern time for an update. they will come back online just as soon as everything works fine?

would be a real breath of fresh air.

Your tears of hate and anger make my cocktails taste so much better.

Keep them flowing.

:cool:

LucasMacKinnon
11-12-2013, 10:15 AM
i would honestly just do it like this. server down time from 7:00 am eastern till 5:00 pm eastern that way when you finish before the scheduled finish people will be happy and praise you all for your speedy work. sure they will complain its going to be down that long. But they complain anyway.

andy310
11-12-2013, 10:16 AM
You guys really expect to be back online before 3 or 4 days of downtime?
No because you know it's almost saint valentines and I think they wanted to start their 3day weekend down time for 5 days traditional tradition early this year...

@Cordovan

1) Update your launcher, it still says 11.
2) This forum is hard enough to read, folks *****ing about it are kind of right. Would you at least show to whomever you report too that the user base would like MORE TRANSPARENT reports?
3) Can't you update the thread title with your super mod powers? This is a V-bulletin board so I guess mine was a totally rhetorical question.
4) Consider telling your superiors/whoever cares that the user base is generally ****ed at a) The bad SSL on the forum, and b) the crappy template used ? - hiring a real company to do real work is out of the question. we understand... we'll still ***** - mostly because this forum is unacceptable...

SenorPhatnutZ
11-12-2013, 10:17 AM
same.

Cry baby addicts, quit being immature little griefers. it will be up when it's ready. Server maintenance is literally as hard as rocket science.

FalseFlag
i would honestly just do it like this.

So you recommend they take the Scotty approach instead of the La Forge approach then?

Silverleafeon
Reading release notes while I wait:

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-20-release-notes

YoureDown
11-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Back to Youtube videos and/or Euro Truck Simulator 2 with me.
http://mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw10311-meh-bonbon.gif

ImanCarrot
11-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Scottie's Evil twin works for Turbine.. told ya :)

Nyata
11-12-2013, 10:20 AM
i would honestly just do it like this. server down time from 7:00 am eastern till 5:00 pm eastern that way when you finish before the scheduled finish people will be happy and praise you all for your speedy work. sure they will complain its going to be down that long. But they complain anyway.

the Scottie method :)

EShadowbringer
11-12-2013, 10:21 AM
I couldn't find any info on the raiders box in the release notes! It was in Lams notes IIRC.

Dharken
11-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Aww, don't pick n Cordo, its not his fault the servers will be down a little longer. It's the intern they sent to the pet shop to pick up some fresh hamsters and even then it was just an innocent mistake by him cause he got confused with "Pick up some server hamsters and lunch on your way in" and he heard "Pick up some servers at Blue on Highland"..... :P

YoureDown
11-12-2013, 10:22 AM
So you recommend they take the Scotty approach instead of the La Forge approach then?

nope, instead of the french approach. (Warning: military joke incoming, I apologize in advance to all French guys here!)
They say they can, they pretend they can, they even construct scenery to make it look like they can, but they cant.

LucasMacKinnon
11-12-2013, 10:22 AM

I would go with the Lone Star and Barf method.

Nyata
11-12-2013, 10:24 AM
I couldn't find any info on the raiders box in the release notes! It was in Lams notes IIRC.

well just like everyone I am hoping for that, however, I think it's not something that should be in permanent release notes as it would confuse matters in the future. it's not a code or game change, but a one-off-thing to happen

FrancisP.Fancypants
Server maintenance is literally as hard as rocket science.

Do tell. I suspected from your username that you had done both of those jobs.

YoureDown
Servers up.

ImanCarrot
Sorry, had to post a Reply, cos it won't let me Edit without hanging... that was my 99th post. This is my 100th- can I TR now?

Klael_God
11-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Just loaded into khyber server.

Lord_Asmodeus
Just Logged in on Sarlona!

Nyata
ooh! logging in!

JamnJD
11-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Human nature is funny.

Nobody praises them for when the worlds come up earlier than expected. And this happens a lot.

The universe will unfold as it should.

...J

ImanCarrot
11-12-2013, 10:28 AM
The Raider's box is in the notes- says you get one if you completed an Epic Raid between U19 and 20 and also TR'd between U19 and 20.

Veriden
11-12-2013, 10:30 AM
easy guy. this comment isn't helpful or wanted.

Yeah, because no one likes hearing the truth here in fantasy land.

YoureDown
As to anyone concerned with the hearts of wood, its a +0 lesser heart. so no class changes.

Cordovan
The worlds have reopened, but the DDO Store remains unavailable. We will keep you updated. We'll see you in the game!

EShadowbringer
11-12-2013, 10:31 AM
well just like everyone I am hoping for that, however, I think it's not something that should be in permanent release notes as it would confuse matters in the future. it's not a code or game change, but a one-off-thing to happen

An apology has a place in permanent release notes ;-) Even if it is a one time thing it was supposed to be released with U20. It will be seen as a broken promise if it is not delivered.

I don't raid often so I'm really not owed an apology or anything else (probably why i am very excited to have a chance at some loot i would otherwise not have available to me)

FalseFlag
11-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Nobody praises them for when the worlds come up earlier than expected. And this happens a lot.

That's not true. For a while, they were kicking butt on getting things going much earlier than the projected times, and were much praised for doing so. But they havent' actually managed that in a while now. Nor did they manage it today. So your attempt at wits fails in the face of reality.

YoureDown
11-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Okay I found an annoying little thing: my character was level 15 exactly. not 1 XP less not 1 more. after the change, your characters change to the new XP system, not by reserving your current XP, but % of total XP gained apparently. great, who knows how much XP you lose from that, can get to half a mil XP lost at 19 almost 20....

Silverleafeon
11-12-2013, 10:35 AM

I just read the release notes line by line, and it was there.
Lol. rereading to find it, unless the worlds come back up.

ArkoHighStar
11-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Would like cordo/any other dev to reply:

Why not apply patches like any other self respecting online game company:

1. code
2. apply patch on exact copy of live server with exact same hardware
3. test and test and fix until all works
3. when all is right, 1 hour downtime to flip a switch to the other server and make sure all is right.
4. on next update go back to the other hardware, and so on...

instead of 5 hour downtimes because the update wouldn't work with the hardware, theres a software glitch, or any other problem...

Not even Blizzard does that, and they are the biggest MMO out there, just do a quick google search on "blizzard extending maintenance" and you will find many instances of extended maintenance for them as well.

Most maintenance windows are estimates based on testing results, but as those of us who do implementations well know, anything can happen and often does.

As for those saying just put out a large window and it would solve all their problems, just need to check the forums for people upset that the down time is as long as it is.
Patching and updates are always a no win scenario, because when they put out a large window , people complain, when they don't and go over, same thing happens. All they can do is put out a reasonable estimate and adjust as things as they happen.

Silverleafeon
11-12-2013, 10:38 AM
The worlds have reopened, but the DDO Store remains unavailable. We will keep you updated. We'll see you in the game!

Woot, time to flood the gates with logins.

yoderc
11-12-2013, 10:39 AM
I feel so guilty!

roflmao.

Grimlock
11-12-2013, 10:39 AM
So it looks as if my Epic XP I had banked is now gone?

Just finished my last life for Completionist and I had about 50k xp banked towards level 21 before U20. Now when I log in, I should have had that 50k xp + the additional xp over 3,800,000 - I think I was closer to 3,930,000.

I am wondering what happened to my 150k Epic XP??

YoureDown
11-12-2013, 10:43 AM
So it looks as if my Epic XP I had banked is now gone?

Just finished my last life for Completionist and I had about 50k xp banked towards level 21 before U20. Now when I log in, I should have had that 50k xp + the additional xp over 3,800,000 - I think I was closer to 3,930,000.

I am wondering what happened to my 150k Epic XP??

I think the two of us just found the first bug in U20, you lose XP in certain cases after the XP change. Ill have to test it out with my other toons as well.

What I do love about the update, is the reincarnation sign:
"Looking to die and return as someone different?
Kruz's Reincarnation services have been relocated to the hall of heroes.

Kruz, however, has not relocated. After an unfortunate incident with his tree, he has been reincarnated as a nondescrept insect somewhere.

Therefore, Kruz has been replaced by a new Reincarnation Guide in the Hall of Heroes.

The nearby portal will take you there. Thank you for understanding!"

JamnJD
11-12-2013, 10:44 AM
That's not true. For a while, they were kicking butt on getting things going much earlier than the projected times, and were much praised for doing so. But they havent' actually managed that in a while now. Nor did they manage it today. So your attempt at wits fails in the face of reality.

The hate greatly overshadows the praise. This IS human nature, and is what I was commenting on.

You can go climb back under your rock now Troll.

...J

LucasMacKinnon
11-12-2013, 11:01 AM
the worlds are open but i keep getting failed connection to patch server on my screen every time i try to log in

Brendael
11-12-2013, 11:05 AM
I like what I am reading in the patch notes. Some nice, long overdue fixes and some nice "cool to haves." The codemonkeys at Turbine have been busy. Thanks folks.

doawithlife
11-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Well worth the wait.

The programmers working on DDO rule. With all the stress of being understaffed, probably underpaid, and equipment that isn't up to the task. Top that off with a need for new content while trying to rebuild the entire house while leaving it standing. I do not envy them.

(I did get bored, but I also got caught up on walking dead - so that's cool)

Kik97
11-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Just logged into my ranger and discovered that my Tharne's goggles that I had equipped and locked are now missing. I know they were there last night after I finished Master Artificer and Lord of Blades run. I didn't remove them, bank them, sell them or destroy them. So imagine my surprise when I open my inventory to use the raid reward box and discover that my goggles are missing and not in inventory or bank. I submitted a help request and was told was told by In-Game support team that this is not an issue we can help with, please submit a bug report to aid in the research of the problem. Not even a GM sending me a tell saying they were looking into it. I hope, no, I demand that my missing Tharne's goggles be restored after I submit this bug report that was requested, because I know nothing will probably be done about it. I don't like being told that something in my inventory went missing after an update to the game and there is nothing you can do to assist me. You screwed up something in the code for the update that caused this to happen and should be able to fix it right away, not as for a bug report that will not accomplish the restoration of my missing item.

Cordovan
11-12-2013, 11:34 AM
FYI: Buy Back has been re-enabled. Please remember that items deleted during this time will not be available for buy back. Thank you!

Grimlock
11-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Okay so I turned in a ticket since all my banked epic xp went away and here is the response but tech support:

Thank you for your request for assistance. The issue you reported is not a bug, it is by design. More information about this issue can be found in the Release Notes which can be found on the DDO.com forums. - +Rothgar+

Did I miss something in the release notes that says you lose any banked Epic XP???

arkonas
11-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Okay so I turned in a ticket since all my banked epic xp went away and here is the response but tech support:

Thank you for your request for assistance. The issue you reported is not a bug, it is by design. More information about this issue can be found in the Release Notes which can be found on the DDO.com forums. - +Rothgar+

Did I miss something in the release notes that says you lose any banked Epic XP???

i dont know why you're complaining since trs need less xp to level now. the loss of xp is only to match the current levels out now. no reason to fuss over it.

Mealstrome
11-12-2013, 11:42 AM
the worlds are open but i keep getting failed connection to patch server on my screen every time i try to log in

I am getting the same thing.. is there a fix?

Grimlock
11-12-2013, 11:45 AM
i dont know why you're complaining since trs need less xp to level now. the loss of xp is only to match the current levels out now. no reason to fuss over it.

I am not overly ****ed off, but nearly 200k Epic XP is still Epic XP. When you are a service provider and take something away from a customer it is typical of the provider to reimburse the customer. Right is right and I disagree with Turbine taking away my Epic XP.

Wyvernsting
11-12-2013, 11:45 AM

I'm having the same issue and can't find any information about it.

Wynnar
11-12-2013, 11:50 AM

Ditto here. I've been trying since the world came back up with no success. I've tried rebooting my comp, restarting my launcher, and leaving the launcher open. The most annoying part is that my SO's comp (which is on the same network connection) downloaded the update just fine.

LucasMacKinnon
11-12-2013, 12:03 PM
yeah i even tried to repair the launcher thinking maybe something messed up during the download. didn't change anything. And of course as per usual no info about it

Cordovan
11-12-2013, 12:18 PM
The DDO Store is once again available. Thanks!

Wyvernsting
11-12-2013, 12:24 PM
The DDO Store is once again available. Thanks!

K, um, what about patch server timing out? Annoying to see this post without a mention about those of us that can't connect due to this problem, not even a "we're looking into it" nod.

Wyvernsting
11-12-2013, 02:52 PM
So, after hours of digging and testing and a few choice words thrown in for good measure, I found and fixed the issue I was having. It looks like it was a user mistake in a way and that was that I uninstalled "Pando Media Booster". I have a bad habit of deleting programs that I don't recognize (can't tell you how many times doing that has saved my system).

Anyway, for those who may be experiencing this issue, this was my fix (and I also double checked the proxy server settings to be on the safe side).

FUDD_OF_ULM
11-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Helpppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO PLAY D&D!!!!!

wade034
11-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as alot of you all. It'll update to about 33% then it says the connection has timed out.

And I looked and still have PMB so that's not the problem.

Kronkite
11-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Try the following, it worked for me: from the menu, open the launcher menu via the upside down triangle symbol at the top right. Select options and go to the 'proxy' tab. Change from system proxy settings to no proxy and accept, and you should be able to get past the 33% connection issue, hopefully...

FUDD_OF_ULM
11-17-2013, 10:41 PM
It worked for a few days, now Im back to 33% time out no matter what my proxy settings are. Please Help.

Try the following, it worked for me: from the menu, open the launcher menu via the upside down triangle symbol at the top right. Select options and go to the 'proxy' tab. Change from system proxy settings to no proxy and accept, and you should be able to get past the 33% connection issue, hopefully...

Gljosh
11-17-2013, 11:04 PM
It worked for a few days, now Im back to 33% time out no matter what my proxy settings are. Please Help.

So I was running pretty good, a bit laggy...then I get booted midday (11/17/13) and I still can not log on. I hit the 33% and get the "An update error occurred: Server connection Timed out." Changing the Proxy Setting did not fix this. I really picked a bad time to try out VIP.

Guartwog
11-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Was having the same problem. Just uninstalled and in the process of re-installing to see if it helps.

Would really be nice to have someone at Turbine drop a line for whether or not they might be looking into this? Seems like enough people are having the issue for it to be worth checking out.

IlmethSoultaker
11-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Was having the same problem. Just uninstalled and in the process of re-installing to see if it helps.

Would really be nice to have someone at Turbine drop a line for whether or not they might be looking into this? Seems like enough people are having the issue for it to be worth checking out.

Data center had a power outage. They should really post these things here, but when it happened the sites were all down too.

https://twitter.com/DDOUnlimited

Shaude
11-17-2013, 11:12 PM

yes they should but a lot of times the forums are down with the game. so they post on facebook https://www.facebook.com/DDOUnlimited and other various spots.

nallfein
11-17-2013, 11:23 PM
I just started having the 33% problem today. Somewhere i found some info ( known issues for u20 i think) that said windows users using a desktop shortcut could have issues connecting if the shortcut pointed to ddolauncher.exe and to change it to turbinelauncher.exe. I did that and it immediately worked. Try it out people! xD but now Ghallanda is closed FFS!!

HaltirithII
11-17-2013, 11:43 PM

Ditto

HaltirithII
11-17-2013, 11:49 PM

I had same problem.
I restarted comp 3 times and each time got a bit further.
Now, I can connect and get as far as the Server selection screen... but it says, in red, that all servers are closed.
Usually only happens durring a system wide issue, like the one back in September.

Dark_Helmet
11-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Data center had a power outage. They should really post these things here, but when it happened the sites were all down too.

But, that was 6 hours ago and not a twit tweeting since.

And, we can post in the forums and not even a post to say a status....or any kind of peep.

Maybe they are just dreaming of ways to further nerf what people enjoy (Hey, we figued out what quests you liked to do so we nerfed the XP... so what magic items do you like so we can nerf them as well!)

Dave_Rapp
11-18-2013, 12:00 AM
so what magic items do you like so we can nerf them as well!

"You spent HOW long grinding CITW to get the right relic weapon(s) for your toon? Wow, nice job! We're going to hand out a box to everyone that lets them pick whichever one of those they want. For free.

Twice."

digital_terror1
11-18-2013, 12:02 AM
But, that was 6 hours ago and not a twit tweeting since.

And, we can post in the forums and not even a post to say a status....or any kind of peep.

Maybe they are just dreaming of ways to further nerf what people enjoy (Hey, we figued out what quests you liked to do so we nerfed the XP... so what magic items do you like so we can nerf them as well!)

Forums and login servers are on a different machine from the game servers. That's why you can read/post on the forums and log into the game far enough to see all the worlds are offline, but can't get into the game itself.

I've been jonesing for my DDO fix all day as well...long enough to have watched 3 Clancy movies (Sum of All Fears, Clear & Present Danger, Hunt for Red October) with an attempt to log in between each. Just kick back, relax, and go watch a movie. Hopefully by the time it's done, DDO will be fully back online.

Guartwog
11-18-2013, 12:37 AM

Thanks. This really is the kind of thing I'd like to hear from devs though. I mean, how long would it really take for them to copy/paste the same message to post in forums AND facebook AND twitter. In fact, I'd have thought that their own official forums would be the FIRST place they'd post an issue like this.

A little communication can go a loooong way.