PDA

View Full Version : does ninja spy dex to damage now work for celestias?

kendo
11-11-2013, 09:36 AM
with the adventurer's box right around the corner, trying to figure out which weapon I want to take for my different builds. one that has been on a back burner is a ninja spy focusing on using short swords. I have seen posts saying that the ninja spy dex to hit and dex to damage do not work with celestia because they are not piercing. then I saw one or two posts saying that had been "fixed" to work with weapon types based on their usual damage type, so it would work.

I have looked through the last several release notes but not seeing anything specifically mentioned about changes to the ninja spy enhancements.

I will probably still take the celestia but will have to decided whether to go dex/wis or str/wis with my build depending on how it works with ninja spy. can anyone confirm if celestias get the dex enhancements from ninja spy?

thanks

Arlathen
11-11-2013, 10:22 AM
I don't think Dex to Damage works on Celestia works currently, atleast it didnt last time I checked and posted about it.

I'll double check it tonight though, I dusted off my Dual Celestia Wielding Monk last night to LR him and prep him for my new Post-U19 Angel of Death Build.

Arlathen
11-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Interestingly, Celestia is now showing Dex to Damage from the appropriate Ninja-Spy enhancements. Checked with a Star of Day, and that too is working.

Bizarre - could of sworn this wasn't working on Celestia. Can anyone check the Capstone to see if Celestia is now getting Vorpal as well? Or if Sting of the Ninja now works with them?

Ayseifn
11-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Sting of the Ninja works, not pure so unsure on capstone.

kendo
11-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Interestingly, Celestia is now showing Dex to Damage from the appropriate Ninja-Spy enhancements. Checked with a Star of Day, and that too is working.

Bizarre - could of sworn this wasn't working on Celestia. Can anyone check the Capstone to see if Celestia is now getting Vorpal as well? Or if Sting of the Ninja now works with them?

thank you so much for checking. appears the post I read that someone thought this got changed was correct. you would think something like this would have made the release or patch notes. or maybe it did and I missed it. but either way, this is great news. makes consideration of a dex/wis build a bit more feasible.

though I still want to figure out how to get OC, so may have to go with typical strength build anyway. getting str to 23 doesn't really leave enough build points to get high dex and wis also.

Firewall
11-12-2013, 04:52 PM
The vorpal from the Ninja Spy capstone shows up in the weapon effects of Celestia and works as expected.

kendo
11-12-2013, 05:51 PM
that is great news, thanks everyone for checking and reporting back with your results.

now I just need to play around with the character builder and see if there is any way to focus on dexterity + wisdom but still get strength high enough for OC. have a feeling that things won't stretch that far. but as this is mainly a flavor build anyway and never going to be a min/max damage build, maybe I just scrap OC and pump up dex and wis as high as I can