PDA

View Full Version : What Debuffs can I use against bosses?

jb111
11-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi all. My monk is primarily Shintao with Shadow fade, Rogue Dilli and some gear Sneak Attack bonuses. I was wondering what debuffs were available to Monks either by way of class or weapon. Right now I primarily rely on Grave Wraps, Unbalancing strikes and quivering palm against bosses. There was a thread out there that spoke of Solid Fog, Acid Rain, Cloudkill, etc... "https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/366978-Raid-boss-debuff-advise-please" At this point, I may be able to swap out a feat but really like my Stunning Fist, Two Weapon Fighting and Precision <--Perhaps this is surpassed by my Epic Piercing Clarity? I don't even know if the two stack. What is cool is I kept the Level 20 lesser reincarnate stone. I can entertain some ideas - just trying to keep the button pressing down. It seems like I have a dozen :) Thank you

Vordax
11-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Try more ghostbane.

jb111
11-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Try more ghostbane.
Thanks for the tip. I need to check because I may have rank "2" in Piercing Clarity:attacks bypass 10% of enemy fortification. Attacks have Ghost Touch and bypass concealment as if you had True Seeing. If this is the case, would that take care of the incorporeals?

Mindos
11-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Not much help, sorry.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Named_monster

Atremus
11-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Fortification debuffs are nice if you can get them to land.

FuzzyDuck81
11-08-2013, 07:45 AM
The fortification bypass from piercing clarity will stack with the precision feat, so it's worth having both.

Eagle claw attack is a good one for some debuffing too.

jb111
11-08-2013, 09:36 AM
The fortification bypass from piercing clarity will stack with the precision feat, so it's worth having both.

Eagle claw attack is a good one for some debuffing too.

Thanks. I may add the eagle claw. I was thinking the other night to configure an alternate set of buttons to use on bosses only. For example, stunning fist works great on trash but useless against most bosses. Does anyone have this? Maybe start with eagle claw, unbalancing, quivering palm, sunder, healing curse (repeat).

Asmodeus451
11-08-2013, 09:48 AM
dunno what ur feats are like, but Improved Sunder is a very worthwhile debuff on most bosses, even if it doesnt land it still lowers their Fort save, and then when it does land it lowers their Fortification and AC