PDA

View Full Version : Need TR help, too many feats (:

Mohank
11-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 28 Lawful Good Human Male
(20 Monk \ 8 Epic)
Hit Points: 364
Spell Points: 0
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 15
Will: 19

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(34 Point) (Level 1) (Level 28)
Strength 14 16
Dexterity 15 17
Constitution 14 16
Intelligence 12 14
Wisdom 16 24
Charisma 8 10

Tomes Used
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 28)
Balance 2 11
Bluff -1 8
Concentration 2 13
Diplomacy -1 8
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle -1 8
Heal 3 15
Hide 2 11
Intimidate -1 8
Jump 2 11
Listen 3 15
Move Silently 2 11
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 1 10
Search 1 10
Spellcraft 1 10
Spot 3 15
Swim 2 11
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Monk)
Feat: (Human Bonus) Dodge
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Monk
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Stunning Fist
Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 2 (Monk)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Power Attack

Level 3 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Disciple of the Fist
Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light

Level 4 (Monk)

Level 5 (Monk)

Level 6 (Monk)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Mobility
Feat: (Selected) Spring Attack

Level 7 (Monk)

Level 8 (Monk)

Level 9 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 10 (Monk)

Level 11 (Monk)

Level 12 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons

Level 13 (Monk)

Level 14 (Monk)

Level 15 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 16 (Monk)

Level 17 (Monk)

Level 18 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Combat Expertise

Level 19 (Monk)

Level 20 (Monk)

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Vorpal Strikes

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Improved Martial Arts

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)

Level 28 (Epic)

Is my idea for the TR - but I want Whirlwind Attack, and preferably as fast as possible. Can't seem to make it work. Imo Cleave+Greatcleave is too many "none-monk" abilites to use for me, Not even used the elemental attacks, only FoL and cleaves on the current one. I would love to be able to spam earth attacks on stunned targets, while using WA for aoe.

Is this idea plain stupid/impossible to make?

I always hear people say that OC is a must, so should i still go both cleaves? (not redeemed my +5 tome from mabar yet, so would put it in STR if needed)

I have yet to reach lvl 20 on a character, but i love my monk(preferably with a stronger, but not so often "cleave"), just want to be able to use earth attacks for something useful (:

Thanks for your time

Fontaiu

Mohank
11-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Currently i'm level 14 so still a few levels to go. Not sure if i should try with an ED before TR. (This is my main), primarily using master earth stance, running a cleave, great cleave, earth, water, finisher, stunning fist, kukan do, abundant step, dmg boost, earth quickbar. Spamming cleaves with FoL+finisher in between each other (:

unbongwah
11-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Honestly, Whirlwind is (still) a bad feat with poor ROI. You can spend two feats get two AoE melee atks (CL+GC); or you can spend 5 feats (D/M/SA/CE/WA) to get one AoE atk with a slow animation. Sure, it's nice it does +4[W], I guess, except the animation shows your char doing a double-spin, even though the atk only procs once on the first spin, IIRC. You also get +7% Dodge from the pre-req feats, but it's not like monks are hurting for Dodge.

Xorlandu
11-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Only real options are to drop past life monk or take a fighter splash for 1-2 extra feats (or do both if you're dead set on getting OC as well as whirlwind in there). Unless you really want to stay a pure monk a 2 level fighter splash is worth considering for 2 extra feats, haste boost, and +3 tactics increase for better stunning fist/quivering palm. Only have to spend 11 ap in the kensai tree to get them.

I used my mabar tome on str as well specifically so I could get OC on dex and wis builds easier. Start str at 16 +5 tome and 2 lvl ups.

^ to respond to the only attacking once with whirlwind. With handwraps you land 3-4 hits with it unlike other weapons that spin twice and only hit once.

Mohank
11-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks (:

Made a 3monk4fighter crappy test build to see WA, and i got between 2 and 4 hits/target with it. That is the primary reason for me wanting it, seeing as the burst dps on a stunned mob might be incredible (no clue tbh)

I want dodge, mobility, anyway(not too sure why, but so far with a capped dodge item, i'm still only at 22/28 dodge), so just thought the shift between cleave+greatcleave and CE+WA wouldn't be so bad, just forgot about the PL feat taking the spring attack spot (:

Might just go with what i have now: PA, cleave, greatcleave, twf, itwf, ic:b, SF, dodge, mobility(so far) + GTWF & Toughness?
Making the TR have that -mobility(due to PL)

Would that sound better?

Would make me able to drop INT, only using skill points on concentration, heal and spare in jump/balance

and put me at 14(16)str 15dex 14(16)con 8int 16wis 8cha, using the 4 points for 16 in either str or con.
It would qualify me for both OC and vorpal strikes, if i used +5str tome and 2 levelups and 3 levelups in wis(+2 tome)

Any idea? (:

Thx

Mohank
11-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Really want WA, but i guess OC will feel more potent on the 19/20 rolls?

Mohank
11-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Not sure about multiclassing - I'd prefer to stay as monk as i am now. But i play it like a barb(think so) finding whatever and abundant stepping in as soon as i'm within range, then i stun the worst mob of the crowd and start spamming cleaves and fol. My guess to why i don't die that often atm, is that stuff dies too fast (just reset my enhancements to full shintao+heal amp from human). Before my reset, I ran with 22dodge, 25%incorp, 10%blurry and 65% miss from AC (only got 22PRR and 290hp @14 - My saves suck, being 20-24 in water stance)

unbongwah
11-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Really want WA, but i guess OC will feel more potent on the 19/20 rolls?
OC req's base STR 23; you'll have to really tweak your stats to pick it up.

Mohank
11-06-2013, 04:23 PM
OC req's base STR 23; you'll have to really tweak your stats to pick it up.

Aye, just checked in the chargen, need +5str tome and a +4wis.

Got the str one, but only got a +1wis atm

16/15/14/8/16 base stats

2levelups in str and 3in wis, gives

23/17/16/10/23/10 with +4wis +5str +2rest