PDA

View Full Version : Qstaff Builds

ZicronBringerOfFear
11-01-2013, 10:23 AM
I Want a Trapper that's fun to play ie. lost of damage and not necessarily limited by sneak attack, Has good self healing and survivability and if possible a strong monk splash, because i love monks, but i don't want to lose trapping capability so i need help. I have access to all packs, the character will be 8th life but im not a hoarder so i don't have much in the way of gear and i have eaten a +5 supreme tome.

Darkrok
11-01-2013, 10:53 AM
I Want a Trapper that's fun to play ie. lost of damage and not necessarily limited by sneak attack, Has good self healing and survivability and if possible a strong monk splash, because i love monks, but i don't want to lose trapping capability so i need help. I have access to all packs, the character will be 8th life but im not a hoarder so i don't have much in the way of gear and i have eaten a +5 supreme tome.

13 rogue/6 monk/1 druid

Feats of note PA, Clv, GClv, THF, iTHF, gTHF, iCrit Bludgeoning, Master of Forms, Empower Healing, Improved Evasion, and Opportunist. Non-human would have one more feat, humans 2 more, and you would have to ensure that you took the monk levels at spots you can take PA and THF unless you're willing to burn two feats on other monk feats (as PA and THF are the only two feats in the list that fit as martial arts feats).

Stat-wise I'd probably just go full-out str-based with enough int for whatever skills you're looking to take and 6 build-points to con. Race doesn't matter - whatever you'd enjoy though humans get that extra feat as well as double-boosts for damage and extra healing amp. It's a pretty simple build and it fits to what you're looking to do.

EDIT: Looks like if you want to take rogue at level 1 and save your epic levels for epic feats Human is required. Non-humans would have to take monk at level 1 so they can take PA as a monk feat. They need Cleave, Great Cleave, iTHF, gTHF, iCrit, Master of Forms, and Empower Healing on non-monk feat slots - that's all 7 non-monk feats - so you can't afford as a non-monk to take PA or THF on a non-monk level. Humans are fine - they can take rogue at 1 and take PA and Cleave both and then add in two other monk-only feats or take monk at level 1 if they're interested in taking a dragonmark instead.

EDIT2: If you give me an idea about what in here appeals to you/doesn't I'd be happy to toss this into the builder for you.

Isillion
11-01-2013, 01:01 PM

I'm a returning player and am back using a character that I believe was initiated by Darkrok. For good self healing and survivability think about a halfpint with DM's and splash 1 wiz for max and empower. there's a few other 1 splashes that would also work quite well

Darkrok
11-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Also just noticed you had 8 pl's...what are they?

ZicronBringerOfFear
11-01-2013, 07:04 PM
in this order my past lives were

Monk12/ Fighter8
Rouge20
Monk2/ Paladin18
Ranger12/Barb6/Fighter2
Sorcerer20
Monk20
Ranger20
Like i said this next one will be my 8th life

ZicronBringerOfFear
11-01-2013, 07:08 PM
13 rogue/6 monk/1 druid

Feats of note PA, Clv, GClv, THF, iTHF, gTHF, iCrit Bludgeoning, Master of Forms, Empower Healing, Improved Evasion, and Opportunist. Non-human would have one more feat, humans 2 more, and you would have to ensure that you took the monk levels at spots you can take PA and THF unless you're willing to burn two feats on other monk feats (as PA and THF are the only two feats in the list that fit as martial arts feats).

ok so i dont want GMOF as well? and so far this build you said is looking fun

Darkrok
11-01-2013, 09:37 PM
ok so i dont want GMOF as well? and so far this build you said is looking fun

GMoF's is nice but you can get away without it. You'll likely be in earth stance and that's just 1 more con and a touch more prr.

ZicronBringerOfFear
11-02-2013, 02:36 PM
GMoF's is nice but you can get away without it. You'll likely be in earth stance and that's just 1 more con and a touch more prr.

Why Earth Stance? why not wind for attack speed

Spoonwelder
11-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Why Earth Stance? why not wind for attack speed
Assumes you are hasted all of the time such that all you get from wind stance is 7.5% doublestrike at master of forms where the list stopped above vs. an extra crit multiplier on rolls of 19-20 ie. 10% more damage vs. 7.5% more (in simplest terms)......plus you get PRR which at endgame is very important.

Honestly from the build above I would actually go 15/5 Mo/Ro or 12/5/3 Mo/Ro/Druid or Mo/Ro/Cleric - only need 5 rogue for maxing out the acrobat line add in henshin and from druid its mostly shileghliegh (sp?).....option to cleric is for more self healing as you get 75% bonus to wand/scroll - plus some more PRR from the warpriest line.

Oh and consider Horc for the THF and PA bonuses