PDA

View Full Version : Spiders?

Shadow_Jumper
10-31-2013, 07:04 PM
Queue me on my level 27 Assassin. Hide skill is 115, Move Silently is 109.

Sneaking past mobs, True Seeing? No problem.

Clerics/Wisdom based mobs with high listen? No problem.

Jumping over a mob right in front of them? No problem.

Roguish mobs with high Spot? No problem

Suddenly........A SPIDER!!!!!!! Hes me from like 80 gazillion yards away, and not just 1 spider out of a few, every single one of them! It doesn't even matter what level they are, EN versions...EH.....EE. they all see me.

Question: Has anyone else noticed that spiders seem to have either:

A. An extremely high Spot/Listen skill? (And I mean ridiculously high, because I've never hidden from a spider post U19)
or
B. Some kind of bug that lets spiders automatically see sneaking characters?

Memnir
10-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Spiders have Tremor Sense, and can feel moment through the ground. Can't sneak past em.

http://i.imgur.com/NNWDHTY.gif

Toro12
10-31-2013, 07:24 PM
Spiders have Tremor Sense, and can feel moment through the ground. Can't sneak past em.

This is correct , spiders and oozes have tremble sense.
I think there is one more mob that also has it but I can't think of it right now

Marcus-Hawkeye
10-31-2013, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=Memnir;5154680]Spiders have Tremor Sense, and can feel moment through the ground. Can't sneak past em.
[\QUOTE]

This is correct , spiders and oozes have tremble sense.
I think there is one more mob that also has it but I can't think of it right now

Earth elemental?

Memnir
10-31-2013, 07:27 PM
Earth elemental?

Yep, them too. :)

Hobgoblin
10-31-2013, 07:34 PM
iirc, thaarak hounds have it as well to a limited degree

u cant sneak in front of them, but behind is ok i th ink

Grecan
10-31-2013, 07:42 PM
Queue me on my level 27 Assassin.
A. An extremely high Spot/Listen skill? (And I mean ridiculously high, because I've never hidden from a spider post U19)
or

it really makes me wonder how you got to lvl 27 without noticing this... had you been hiding from the spiders pre-U19?

voodoogroves
10-31-2013, 08:03 PM
I think the issue is their "spot" doesn't degrade with range - so they home in immediately from their max distance. I'd bug report it - it is supposed to have a max range.

Marcus-Hawkeye
10-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Yep, them too. :)

Am I just dreaming or wasn't that a question in your trivia?

Memnir
10-31-2013, 08:45 PM
Indeed it was. :cool:

Memnir
10-31-2013, 08:56 PM
double post.... bleh.

Shadow_Jumper
10-31-2013, 08:59 PM
it really makes me wonder how you got to lvl 27 without noticing this... had you been hiding from the spiders pre-U19?[/QUOTE]

This isn't the first time I've noticed this, I just happened to put it on the forums today, and he happens to be level 27.

Mobs I do have trouble sneaking from is thaarak hounds and spiders, makes sense that oozes and earth elementals have tremor sense too, though spiders are the ones that I run into the most.

Todkaninchen
11-01-2013, 04:19 PM
it really makes me wonder how you got to lvl 27 without noticing this... had you been hiding from the spiders pre-U19?

This isn't the first time I've noticed this, I just happened to put it on the forums today, and he happens to be level 27.

Mobs I do have trouble sneaking from is thaarak hounds and spiders, makes sense that oozes and earth elementals have tremor sense too, though spiders are the ones that I run into the most.

You can use this to "bluff pull" them and deal with them first without aggroing anything else, like in Servant's of the Overlord.

Sneak forward just enough to be in range of the closest spider, back away, and go at it with a paralyzing weapon...

Repeat for the next closest spider, then go finish off everything else without tremor sense.