PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my stats please

Magevro
10-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.02
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Fruitbasket
Level 7 Lawful Good Human Female
(7 Monk)
Hit Points: 109
Spell Points: 0
BAB: 5\5\10
Fortitude: 10
Reflex: 11
Will: 9

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 7)
Strength 14 14
Dexterity 16 18
Constitution 14 14
Intelligence 8 8
Wisdom 16 18
Charisma 8 8

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 1

Level 1 (Monk)
Feat: (Human Bonus) Cleave
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Stunning Fist

Level 2 (Monk)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Weapon Finesse

Level 3 (Monk)
Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 4 (Monk)

Level 5 (Monk)

Level 6 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 7 (Monk)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Bastion of Purity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Protection from Tainted Creatures (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Difficulty at the Beginning (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Unbalancing Strike (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Conditioning (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Conditioning (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Conditioning (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Wisdom (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Shadow Veil (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Sneak Attack Training (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Sneak Attack Training (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Agility (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Agility (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Flash Bang (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Flash Bang (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Dexterity (Rank 1)

I fight unarmed with handwraps..short swords just don't cut it for me and thats how I plan to stay.

That build is what I have so far, I am now level 8, just haven't taken the level. I don't know where to go as far as strength and dex. I will have 3 more enhancement picks in my plan(1 human anything, 1 wis or con, 1 dex or wis). Also, I took weapon finesse..and I don't know if that was a mistake or not(because I was planning to go high dex and leave str) and I'd also like someone to explain to me what benefit TWF has with unarmed..if its the same..etc.

Anyways..Should I put more in str(human feat, level up ability picks) or dex? Will I kill my damage with dex only? I like the AC..

If you see anything else wrong feel free to point it out, too. Thanks :)

..also..I am planning on being mostly Shintao..with capstone and the top tier items, I just felt I got more bang for my buck by starting off in NiS at low levels.

Todkaninchen
10-27-2013, 03:58 PM
The advantage of short swords (or other, non-staff weapons) is primarily a much higher crit chance, the effects of particular swords (including DR breaking), or the application of vorpal and DEX to damage from the ninja line.

If you're not going full ninja (for short swords and kama) or staves (for henshin), you're much better off staying with unarmed. Especially as a shintao where you start doing DR breaking on your own.

2WF chain is about your off-hand attack percentage. The base--without 2WF--is pretty low, like only 20%. So, each time you hit something--without 2WF--you hit with your main hand and 20% of the time you hit a second time with your off-hand. 2WF raises that chance to 40% all the way up to an 80% chance with Greater 2WF.

Or, in simpler terms, each feat adds a 20% chance you hit twice instead of once.

If you're not using shortswords and kama AND your STR is about equal to your DEX, weapon finesse is a bit of a waste. With shortswords and kama (and ninja spy) you can double down on DEX and get max effect for damage and to-hit. Without using those, your DEX increases your hit chance (minus power attack), but your DAMAGE is still based on STR (plus power attack). If your STR is high enough to consistently hit with power attack on, then use that feat slot for something else, even if your DEX is higher. If your STR isn't high enough, but your DEX is, keep it.

I would definitely recommend the 2WF line for unarmed use. It really beefs up your damage. (1.4/1.2 ->) 17% more damage for the first one upto 1.8/1.2 ->) 50% with greater 2WF over having no 2WF feats. (That's 1.8 hits per attack on average or 1 main hand hit and a 80% chance of offhand compared to 1 main hand hit and 20% chance of offhand). Add to your DEX with tomes or level ups as appropriate to make that requirement. Also, I believe there's a enhancement in Shintao that also adds to offhand hit chance as well...

Good luck!