PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to Fix Mabar Lag

Loromir
10-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Turbine,

I enjoy Mabar, but really wish ths summoning chamber would work properly. Lag Makes it unplayable. I have a suggestion that I think would fix the Lag.

Reduce the number of Gargoyles that spawn at one time by about 75%. To keep the challenge difficulty, raise the CR of each Gargoyle to offset the reduced number. In the intance I was in last night, I was in a Altar room and we had about 10 gargoyles spawn at once. If each Altar room had 10 and each lever had 5 at one time, that would be 60 Mobs + One dragon...not to mention up to 24-32 players in one instance. No wonder we get such lag.

Something drastic needs to be done, and I think this might go a long way towards doing that.

DethTrip
10-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Sounds reasonable to me.

MartinusWyllt
10-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Could level pullers that are continually spamming the levers be contributing significantly to the lag issue?

kned225
10-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Heard this idea many times and it seems like such a no-brainer that it makes me think there must be more to it. But sadly, im not convinced there IS more to it

Zormal
10-25-2013, 10:03 AM
I've been lagged a couple of times in graveyard when attacking a very large spawn of mobs (20+). So I agree that lagging seems correlated to large mob spawns.