PDA

View Full Version : Need advice : Rogue 10 / Monk 9 / Druid 1

belaf52
10-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Human Rogue 10 / Monk 9 / Druid 1

Quaterstaff / Bow / Mainly Dex build with Overwhelming / Trapper / High reflex with imp. evasion

STAT
Str : 17
Dex : 16
Con : 16
Int : 9
Wis : 10
Cha : 8

*I have all tomes +4

2 level up in Str / 5 in Dex

# of feats : 7 + 1 (human) + 3 (monk) + 3 (epic) = 14
FEATS
1-Power attack (monk)
2-Cleave
3-Gr. Cleave
4-Overwhelming (epic)
5-Rapid shot
6-Point blank shot
7-Precise shot
8-Imp. precise shot
9-Improved critical : ranged
10-Manyshot
11-Zen archery (monk at Character level 12 / monk level 6 for the 13 wis)
12-Master of forms stance (mainly in air stance, but in earth stance too)
13-Toughnes or dodge (monk)
14-Completionist or Combat archery or Grandmaster stance

Rogue bonus : opportunist (already have imp. evasion with 9 monk)

* No imp. critical : bludgeon 'cause I will use the Stout Oak
* No bow strenght 'cause i will put my dex on bow damage with Ninja spy

SKIL
Trap skills (including Open lock and spot)
UMD
Balance
Concentration

ENHANCEMENT
Mainly Thief acrobat (not sure for the Sweeping strike efficiency)
Ninja spy (sneak and dex on bow damage)
Human (Healing amp. , don't Count Me Out, damage/skill boost, etc.)
Shintao (5% healing amp.)
Season's Herald (does Beguile worth it?)

DESTINIES
Mainly Legendary Dreadnought
Fury of the Wild in large group/ raid (not sure about this one...)

TWIST
Dont really know
Brace for impact?
Coooon?
Unearthly Reactions?

Thank you for your help!

Darkrok
10-23-2013, 12:33 PM
When you get a Sireth you'll want Improved Critical. If you run a raid other than Tempest Spine or Chrono between U19 going live and U20 going live or you TR during that same window you'll have the ability to get a Sireth for free.

Personally I prefer T5 of the Henshin Tree to T5 of the Thief-Acro tree. That's personal preference but either will work and you can change them at will. I'd still dip into the other though as they definitely have some synergy. If you do prefer the TA tree I'd give serious thought to 13 rogue/6 monk/1 druid. You give up 5% run speed, 1 tier of slow fall, and wholeness of body (assuming you take Improved Evasion with the extra rogue feat). You gain more skill points, 2d6 sneak attack damage, and the ability to take Kip Up for Immunity to Knockdown and Slippery Surfaces.

Munkenmo
10-23-2013, 04:32 PM
I'd give serious thought to 13 rogue/6 monk/1 druid. You give up 5% run speed, 1 tier of slow fall, and wholeness of body (assuming you take Improved Evasion with the extra rogue feat). You gain more skill points, 2d6 sneak attack damage, and the ability to take Kip Up for Immunity to Knockdown and Slippery Surfaces.

And if you take 13 rogue you'll be able to qualify for improved sneak attack.

5% movement speed is not worth what you're passing up in this instance. 13/6/1.

Myrddinman
10-23-2013, 04:59 PM
A couple of things...

- The Ninja Spy DEX to bow (piercing damage) was eliminated during one of the latest patches (unless it's coming back with U20)
- I also advocate for getting IC: Bludgeoning...gives you way more options and with a free Sireth (see aforementioned requirements), it makes just makes sense
- I am also more of fan of the Thief Acrobat vs. Henshin, as spending 30 points to unlock the 5th tier gives you more bang with TA...at least for me: Sweeping Strike (since you're going DEX base), Quick Strike is on a reduced cooldown in TA than in Henshin (12 seconds vs. 20 seconds), which allows you to keep 25% Doublestrike up more often

belaf52
10-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Thank you for the replies!

Here's my toughs on Sireth and Stout Oak :

- Shillelagh add only 0.5 [w] to the sireth while Stout Oak get the full 1 [w].
- Each time I use a strike adding 1[w] to my damage, Sireth get av. +5,5 dam while Stout Oak get av. +7 dam. That means that Stout Oak gets +3 damage on Cleave, +4.5 dam onGr. Cleave, +7.5 on Momentum, +7.5 on Lay waste, +4.5 on Sweeping, +4.5 on Quick strike over Sireth!
- Impact on the Stout Oak allow me to take Completionist or Grandmaster stance or combat Archery.
- The no-save tripping on the Sout is just to good in EE.
- BTW I have the Sireth and dont really want to use it.

- The Ninja Spy DEX to bow (piercing damage) was eliminated during one of the latest patches (unless it's coming back with U20)

I will test this. I was thinking that dex on bow was WAI but, now that you mentionne it, I'm no more certain.

And if you take 13 rogue you'll be able to qualify for improved sneak attack.

5% movement speed is not worth what you're passing up in this instance. 13/6/1.

'Cause Ranged take a LOT of feats, I just dont have space for ISA. More over, SA isn't boosted by Blitz, damage boost and crits while pure damage is. Not sure 2 SA dies worth 5% striding.

If you do prefer the TA tree I'd give serious thought to 13 rogue/6 monk/1 druid. You give up 5% run speed, 1 tier of slow fall, and wholeness of body (assuming you take Improved Evasion with the extra rogue feat). You gain more skill points, 2d6 sneak attack damage, and the ability to take Kip Up for Immunity to Knockdown and Slippery Surfaces.

Slipperry surface is on the Stout Oak stick, but yeah I'm loosing the immunity to knock down effect. Good point here. I dont really need more skill points.

Questions :
1- Does DC-boosted-Sweeping-strike means something in EE?
2- Does Beguile worth it?
3- Completionist or Combat Archery or Grand master stance?