PDA

View Full Version : Death Ward Airship Amenity

The_Human_Cypher
10-21-2013, 07:48 PM
The higher Guild levels don't have that many Rewards which make the work required to reach those levels worthwhile. Adding more amenities or enough hooks on the largest ship (the Typhoon) to add all available amenities would increase the benefits of being a very high level Guild. One new airship amenity could be a Death Ward shrine whose effect could not be dispelled by a Beholder or similar mob. A Death Ward buff which lasts for one hour would be very useful and further incentive to each the 85+ range among Guild levels.

Rawrargh
10-21-2013, 07:51 PM
The higher Guild levels don't have that many Rewards which make the work required to reach those levels worthwhile. Adding more amenities or enough hooks on the largest ship (the Typhoon) to add all available amenities would increase the benefits of being a very high level Guild. One new airship amenity could be a Death Ward shrine whose effect could not be dispelled by a Beholder or similar mob. A Death Ward buff which lasts for one hour would be very useful and further incentive to each the 85+ range among Guild levels.

Really? I mean... Really!?
I'm all for more interesting shipbuffs, but deathward? That's just pushing it...

The_Human_Cypher
10-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Really? I mean... Really!?
I'm all for more interesting shipbuffs, but deathward? That's just pushing it...

The Death Ward shrine could be a reward for the 90+ level Guilds. Right now, the rewards at the top are somewhat sparse.

droid327
10-21-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm down for this...its a fairly ubiquitously needed buff (much like 30 energy resists), and its already available to everyone via certain cleric hires, as well as via scroll UMD...so having it available via ship buffs would improve a few things:

1) You wouldn't be locked into only using Cleric hires with DW
2) It'd be available at levels before your Cleric hires have DW (L8). Particularly, if you want to run A Small Problem Elite at-level, there's a de-leveling monster at the end which will quickly disable and kill any L5-7 non-WF, and there's no other way to get DW at that level for non-Clerics except Mabar pots.

Lonnbeimnech
10-21-2013, 08:02 PM

Small potatoes. How about a ship buff that gives implosion for one hour?

Lonnbeimnech
10-21-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm down for this...its a fairly ubiquitously needed buff (much like 30 energy resists), and its already available to everyone via certain cleric hires, as well as via scroll UMD...so having it available via ship buffs would improve a few things:

1) You wouldn't be locked into only using Cleric hires with DW
2) It'd be available at levels before your Cleric hires have DW (L8). Particularly, if you want to run A Small Problem Elite at-level, there's a de-leveling monster at the end which will quickly disable and kill any L5-7 non-WF, and there's no other way to get DW at that level for non-Clerics except Mabar pots.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Visor_of_the_Flesh_Render_Guards

level 5 and it's even bta.

The_Human_Cypher
10-21-2013, 08:08 PM

I have this item and it is only one clickie which lasts less than 10 minutes (I think). The Death Ward shrine with a full hour of DW which can't be dispelled would be a much greater advantage.

droid327
10-21-2013, 09:11 PM

Ah, fair enough...I should have said "no way to get that, without purchasing other non-related content" in regards to A Small Problem...

If it was BtCoE, that'd be a viable option at least. Also, doesn't do you any good in Necro III, when everything stat-debuffs you and the mages dispel :)

EllisDee37
10-21-2013, 09:43 PM
I was sure the OP was kidding, but looks like this is a legit idea.

/Not signed. Hells no.

EDIT: Nor would I sign on for FOM. However, a GH ship shrine might be a nice perk for very high level ships. Or Nightshield.

Uska
10-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Sorry but I think that is a bit much the game is already to easy as it is.

Uska
10-21-2013, 10:23 PM
I was sure the OP was kidding, but looks like this is a legit idea.

/Not signed. Hells no.

EDIT: Nor would I sign on for FOM. However, a GH ship shrine might be a nice perk for very high level ships. Or Nightshield.

Much more reasonable and not OP'd

Sidewaysgts86
10-22-2013, 04:06 AM
What if it was simply death block instead of death ward?

EllisDee37
10-22-2013, 05:04 PM
What if it was simply death block instead of death ward?That's not a bad idea.

MartinusWyllt
10-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Considering it isn't that hard to farm a ton of deathward pots from Mabar I'm not totally opposed to the notion.

Gloomy Potion of Death Ward - Potion: Death Ward CL10. ML4, Unbound [25 Motes of Night]

The ML4 might as well be 1 as there's no need for it in those levels.