PDA

View Full Version : Punching while moving

Adelair
10-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Built my Rogue to be a TWF assassin type, but along the way in Korthos while messing around, I found a neat little trick.

At lower levels while your TWF animation is still slow and your weapons are doing weak damage, you can actually achieve a much higher DPS with your fists.

Double-click your attack while moving and you start to quickly throw punches, left right left right with no pause in between. The fist damage on this is crappy, but it racks up a ton of sneak attacks very* quickly.

So I bound my left arrow key for Walk Mode, made my up arrow key move forward, and the right arrow key move backward. I hold down left for Walk Mode and step forwards and backwards while I rapidly punch enemies. If your off-hand hit procs you're getting two sneak attacks per punch. In my case around level 8/9 with an off-hand hit I'm getting like 80 damage per punch, and the punches are very fast. This is all from your sneak attack, so let others get aggro, Bluff, Shadow Dagger, ect. Put on some handwraps of Deception.

I'm not sure when or if my weapon damage will outstrip this technique. For now, in my case, it's still superior to using weapons.

Later on the increased number attacks means more rolls, more chance for vorpals to trigger the Lethality core ability or things like Disruption, but by then this technique might suck, I don't know. I'm only about 2 months into DDO, maybe this is olde news.

Soulfurnace
10-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Weapons are better when you get more TWF feats.

Until then, just grab THF weapon and twitch fight. Even better.

Adelair
10-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Weapons are better when you get more TWF feats.

Until then, just grab THF weapon and twitch fight. Even better.

What do you mean twitch fight?

Soulfurnace
10-18-2013, 11:22 PM
What do you mean twitch fight?
Nothing, nothing!

Don't you worry about it.