PDA

View Full Version : Cannith Crafting, Augment Crystals, and Augment Slots

Certon
10-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Because the drop rate of augment crystals seems to be so low and augment slots seem to be pretty common nowadays, I propose that Cannith crafting should be able to craft augment crystals, and should be able to add augment slots onto craftable items.

Why? To revitalize the tepid Cannith Crafting system, of course!

This would be a show of good faith to those of us who have invested countless hours grinding essences and crafting equipment to get our skill up as high as possible--

What do you all think?

Livmo
10-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Because the drop rate of augment crystals seems to be so low and augment slots seem to be pretty common nowadays, I propose that Cannith crafting should be able to craft augment crystals, and should be able to add augment slots onto craftable items.

This would be a show of good faith to those of us who have invested countless hours grinding essences and crafting equipment to get our skill up as high as possible--

What do you all think?

Check out this wiki page on crafting augments, http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Crafting/Augment_Crystal_Table

Also I noticed some changes to the cost of the augments that Lahar sells next to the epic crafting device. Some are only 5 tokens now, or perhaps they always were. That seems less grindy to me, so perhaps a win we can get some auggies from Lahar and GH?

Systern
10-16-2013, 03:28 PM
I don't think Turbine is likely to enable you to make for free those things that they're trying to sell you.

The augments at Lahar that cost 5 tokens always have cost 5 tokens. They're the exceptionals, and they cost 5 RAID tokens, unlike the others that cost 20 dungeon tokens.

karatemack
10-16-2013, 07:06 PM

What do you all think?

/signed

I would love to see every shard replaced with an augment. Maybe make each "school" a different 'color' and add these as augment slots on gear. Any craftable piece of eq could have augment slots added. What I would HATE to see is any ability currently able to be crafted in Cannith Crafting removed.

harry-pancreas
02-13-2014, 08:28 AM
i think it's a great idea (:

/signed

Irenae
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM
well it's more like a chance of making it for free, as the essence cost would be fairly high and you would likely need more of them which could buy from the DDO store. Which is also why they would take essences from more than one crafting school to make so let's say a colorless augment might take say body essences, law essences and air essences all to make 1 item. So it would not exactly come cheap.