PDA

View Full Version : XP Curve Revamp and Existing Characters

dlsidhe
10-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Alright, so here's my puzzlement: Someone has, say, a level 5 TR3 character now with ~148K XP; were U20 to hit tomorrow, would they lose the AP they've earned into level 5? Or, for the counterexample, if a level 19 TR3 a bubble shy of 20 (having earned ~4.2 million XP) logged on the day U20 hit, would they then be able to level to 20, and have ~400K XP towards epic levels?

ArcaneArcher52689
10-11-2013, 03:25 PM
As someone who has a character in both of these situations, I'd like to know this as well.

rayworks
10-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. Whatever Turbine says will happen won't, and you will go "arghhhhh!" and then there will be a hotfix the next day. Which will not actually fix the problem.

EllisDee37
10-11-2013, 06:02 PM
They'll likely just reset everyone's enhancements. Simple solution, no issues.

I'm more interested in levels. Let's say on live I take level 6, but then when U20 hits I only have enough xp for level 5. Do I go back to level 5 and lose the feat and skills I took? What about spells I inscribed from levelup on wizard?

QuantumFX
10-11-2013, 11:07 PM
The last time Turbine changed the XP table (Module 1.2 (http://ddowiki.com/page/Module_1.2:_Solo_Enhancements)) you kept the XP and if it was enough to grant you a level then you got it.

Dragonbrn
10-12-2013, 07:15 AM
They'll likely just reset everyone's enhancements. Simple solution, no issues.

I'm more interested in levels. Let's say on live I take level 6, but then when U20 hits I only have enough xp for level 5. Do I go back to level 5 and lose the feat and skills I took? What about spells I inscribed from levelup on wizard?

Well I can answer a piece of this question, if you take a spell even in the form of a scroll "early" it waits in your spellbook until you're of level to use it, so if this happens yes you will go back to level 5, have to get enough experience to get to level 6, then when you get to 6 you get to pick another spell. (other 1 or 2 will still be in spell book.)

Dragonbrn
10-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Alright, so here's my puzzlement: Someone has, say, a level 5 TR3 character now with ~148K XP; were U20 to hit tomorrow, would they lose the AP they've earned into level 5? Or, for the counterexample, if a level 19 TR3 a bubble shy of 20 (having earned ~4.2 million XP) logged on the day U20 hit, would they then be able to level to 20, and have ~400K XP towards epic levels?

I had a character like this on lammaland, and yes I logged her in and she was level 20. I just had to train the 2 levels. Although my surplus wasn't that big so not positive if that carried over, although I would see no reason why it wouldn't.