PDA

View Full Version : How do I make Dog-Dog attack again?

lutherlarry
10-05-2013, 04:11 AM
Every once in a while (ok, more frequently than that), Dogdog stops attacking and stops breaking crates. How do I fix that? I used to remember. But it's been quite a while since I've played and now it's getting very annoying.

Archangel_666
10-05-2013, 04:16 AM
Every once in a while (ok, more frequently than that), Dogdog stops attacking and stops breaking crates. How do I fix that? I used to remember. But it's been quite a while since I've played and now it's getting very annoying.

Try toggling between Passive and Defensive modes. Failing that only thing I can think of is dismiss and re-summon (Not even close to being ideal, bye-bye Ship Buffs).

droid327
10-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Try toggling between Passive and Defensive modes. Failing that only thing I can think of is dismiss and re-summon (Not even close to being ideal, bye-bye Ship Buffs).

Going Passive, Recall (make him come to you), then going Defensive or Aggressive again usually clears Hireling AI for me...

smeggy1384
10-05-2013, 03:15 PM
The arti dog is a bit dumber than regular hires. If it freezes up, as in no animation when it moves and no attacking, then its time to dismiss and resummon. If you see it using the normal move animations then the passive/aggressive toggle would reset the AI.

Phaeton_Seraph
10-07-2013, 01:22 AM
I call this Gaygiraffe mode (from the movie Gladiator). He doesn't do anything, he just... stands around.

I've heard this can happen if you force him to teleport off a ladder.

I don't know the cause, but the cure seems to be to dismiss and recall.

lutherlarry
10-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Ok. I can't remember. How do you unsummon an Iron Defender?

Enoach
10-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Right click on the little "You Bar" (the one that shows your HP/SP in red/blue bar format) and choose Dismiss Pet

lutherlarry
10-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Awesome. Thanks.