PDA

View Full Version : A simple way to reform the ED fate point system

Grace_ana
10-03-2013, 08:02 PM
I know there are a million suggestions out there, and if what I'm about to say has been suggested elsewhere, my apologies.

Currently, the major complaint is that it is miserable to earn the fate points in EDs that are unrelated to the character. It also makes no real sense from a lore or common sense perspective to have a barbarian studying sorcery in order to twist something like Lay Waste.

So, how about this. In order to twist something from an ED, you have to max out that tree in order to twist something from tiers 1 or 2. If you want to twist something from tier 3, you have to max two EDs IN THAT SAME SPHERE. So if you wanted to twist something like Piercing Spellcraft (tier 3 Magister), you would have to max out the Magister tree and another tree in the Arcane sphere. If you want to twist something at tier 4, you have to max out all trees in that same sphere.

Even through people would still have to max multiple trees for the maximum benefit, they would be working within a related sphere at least. And, if someone wants to twist something from another sphere, they logically have to actually put some work into that sphere.

Anyway, that's my suggestion. It would be simpler and more logical, not to mention far less painful. People don't mind grinding if it doesn't interfere with their fun. Fair enough, since it is a game.

bloodnose13
10-05-2013, 06:36 AM
i think the best way to do this would be if fate points were considered a "fate level" with own exp bar, you fill a bar, you get another point, not related in any way to destiny you are in, just needs epic exp to work, it would have a lot of meaning for anyone who capped both class and destiny wanted and loses all exp from quests now, this way they would go towards the fate points.