PDA

View Full Version : Acrobat knockdown immunity questions...

CThruTheEgo
10-02-2013, 12:58 PM
1) What exactly does knockdown immunity from acrobat NOT protect you from? I would assume Titan knockdown is one. What else?

2) What does knockdown immunity prevent that freedom of movement doesn't? I would assume giant stomp, minotaur knockdown, and air elemental knockdown. What else?

Thanks in advance.

Adelair
10-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Not sure what the exceptions are.

What I do know, however, is that Kip Up allows you to run around in a Sleet Storm with impunity. So carry some scrolls, and benefit from the blindness and free sneak attacks.

Systern
10-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Drider's webline trip is not pervented. It's funny that Dragons can't knock my acrobat down, but flung spider poo does.

Giants, dragons, and Air Eles don't knock you down, but they will knock you back.
Ice and grease don't slide you around.

The opening sequence of Undermine does knock you down... There's stuff that's like "Ya, okay, raid mechanic/Scripted story mechanic...." that you'll accept... It's just the driders that really annoy me.

Ayseifn
10-08-2013, 01:54 AM
The Truthful One can knock down my dex acrobat, not sure on other dragons though. It protects from Marilith overruns though, both of these things FoM doesn't help with.

CThruTheEgo
10-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone. I hadn't thought of most of those.

I suppose the Drider webline trip makes logical sense, but logic should have no place in a fantasy game imo. :D

Mjolnyr
10-11-2013, 09:25 AM
The Truthful One can knock down my dex acrobat, not sure on other dragons though. It protects from Marilith overruns though, both of these things FoM doesn't help with.

Dragons' left-arm heavy slam can knockdown everything, even with GMoF "balance in all things" or unyielding sentinel's steadfast. press your defend key prevents these. I assume, this is WAI (because the animation is long enough for players to be ready for it).

Another thing that can trip down a rogue with kip-up is: hill giant barbarian's stamping attack. (and I doubt if this is intended).

JOTMON
10-11-2013, 09:42 AM
1) What exactly does knockdown immunity from acrobat NOT protect you from? I would assume Titan knockdown is one. What else?

2) What does knockdown immunity prevent that freedom of movement doesn't? I would assume giant stomp, minotaur knockdown, and air elemental knockdown. What else?

Thanks in advance.

1) Epic giants stomp, minotaurs, FOT dragon, Drider webs even when they are cast through walls.
Epic TOR is really annoying when giants aoe stomp knock me down, regardless of whether or not I am tumbling, jumping, etc... my Displaced,shadowfade/28%Dodge seems to be irrelevent here.

2) Not much.. air elemental attacks still throw you flying away.. you just dont fall down..

Miow
10-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Probably the same for air savant immunity eh?

CThruTheEgo
10-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Another thing that can trip down a rogue with kip-up is: hill giant barbarian's stamping attack. (and I doubt if this is intended).

1) Epic giants stomp, minotaurs, FOT dragon, Drider webs even when they are cast through walls.
Epic TOR is really annoying when giants aoe stomp knock me down, regardless of whether or not I am tumbling, jumping, etc... my Displaced,shadowfade/28%Dodge seems to be irrelevent here.

I am surprised that giant stomp knocks you down. That's annoying. I agree, probably not WAI, but I doubt that's getting fixed anytime soon.

I have heard that minotaurs knock you back but don't knock you down, just like air elementals. Is that not correct?

Thanks for the info.