PDA

View Full Version : Caster Soul levelling pre L12

Ryan220
10-02-2013, 06:38 AM
Hello all.

I have an alt that I would to put some FvS PLs on.

I have experience getting arcanes through the low to mid levels but Im a bit lost with a FvS.

Do I take a GA feat and hack and slash with a view to swapping in a meta at later levels or is there a goto damage spell at low levels?

Any tips or advice would be very welcome

sirgog
10-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Holy Smite is adequate (not excellent, but adequate). Take it at level 8.

Or just melee with a quarterstaff (which you get proficiency in for free).

You can also heal PUGgers.

Lonnbeimnech
10-02-2013, 07:50 AM
It's a slog. You basically play a gimp paladin til level 12. At least you have plenty of self heals.

Charononus
10-02-2013, 07:58 AM
If you have a druid past life taking the flameblade feat really helps get thru the early levels. (need to be helf or elf for prof though)

Wipey
10-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Lowbie hjealzor caster offense makes you want to Scream with frustration.
Or take axe prof, swap for heighten at 18.
Or bribe a robot sorc to be your tr partner.
Or holy smite + unmetaed soundburst + hoard half the dungeon with radiance on gear, maximize and AoV asap.

Lonnbeimnech
10-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Lowbie hjealzor caster offense makes you want to Scream with frustration.
Or take axe prof, swap for heighten at 18.
Or bribe a robot sorc to be your tr partner.
Or holy smite + unmetaed soundburst + hoard half the dungeon with radiance on gear, maximize and AoV asap.

Cleric isn't as bad, IMO. You get radiant burst by the time you hit bloody crypt/deleras. So you have some aoe damage.

Ryan220
10-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Thank you all for the replies, ideas and tips.

I will find this FvS levelling incredibly difficult as my last 3 lives have been as a WF Water Savant and one prior to that as a WF AM.

Im thinking about taking a GAxe feat for the first ?? levels and playing it by ear from there.

All advice welcome