PDA

View Full Version : Help understanding Healing Ki

solumna
09-28-2013, 01:31 PM
So i decided to roll up a morninglord it is 12/3 cleric/monk so according to healing ki it should healing me for 2d4. I have 96 positive spell power and 20% healing amp. So by my understanding which is wrong obviously best case it should heal...

8(base heal)
+7(96 spell power)
+3(20% healing amp)
=18

But its proccing for 50 to 70 could someone please explain this to me.

Thanks in advance.

Toro12
09-28-2013, 02:54 PM
So i decided to roll up a morninglord it is 12/3 cleric/monk so according to healing ki it should healing me for 2d4. I have 96 positive spell power and 20% healing amp. So by my understanding which is wrong obviously best case it should heal...

8(base heal)
+7(96 spell power)
+3(20% healing amp)
=18

But its proccing for 50 to 70 could someone please explain this to me.

Thanks in advance.

2-4 per monk level.
Your 96sp does that include shianto SP boost or the cleric sp boosts. Does it include your heal skill points?
Do you have any other sources of heal amp that you didn't mention (ship buff, racial etc?)
Do you have the empower healing feat active?

solumna
09-28-2013, 03:21 PM
2-4 per monk level.
Your 96sp does that include shianto SP boost or the cleric sp boosts. Does it include your heal skill points?
Do you have any other sources of heal amp that you didn't mention (ship buff, racial etc?)
Do you have the empower healing feat active?

It includes shintao, radiant, and heal skill. I triple checked and that is all the healing amp and no empower isn't on

Toro12
09-28-2013, 07:30 PM
It includes shintao, radiant, and heal skill. I triple checked and that is all the healing amp and no empower isn't on

Then your healing ki is coming in hot.
It should be more than the 18 you are thinking but 50+ is high.
From what I remember with 3 levels of monk was roughly 25-30.
-----

Is your 20% amp from gear? If so try stripping it and run a couple casts.

TeacherSyn
10-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Metamagic effects, to my understanding, do NOT effect Healing Ki. But positive energy spell power as well as the Heal skill (now revised) might play a role in the unexplained result.