PDA

View Full Version : How to farm Animus?

Rakuda13
09-27-2013, 08:12 PM
I have just about all the rune arms i want but haven`t seen Animus drop. Is it a really rare drop or am i just unlucky? I look at other peoples Artis as I wander around the game but haven`t seen anybody using it,so I`m feeling its not easy to get,but i could be wrong.

Anybody got a plan on how to get it to drop?

Thanks in advance

Toro12
09-27-2013, 09:22 PM
I have just about all the rune arms i want but haven`t seen Animus drop. Is it a really rare drop or am i just unlucky? I look at other peoples Artis as I wander around the game but haven`t seen anybody using it,so I`m feeling its not easy to get,but i could be wrong.

Anybody got a plan on how to get it to drop?

Thanks in advance

I have one sitting on a bank toon.

No secret to getting it really.
just run devils assault on elite till it is in the chest with your name on it.

You don't see anyone using it cause a banished with fire damage isn't terribly useful. Most of the devils/demons that are eligible to be banished have serious fire resistance/immunity.

Rakuda13
09-27-2013, 10:05 PM
I have one sitting on a bank toon.

No secret to getting it really.
just run devils assault on elite till it is in the chest with your name on it.

You don't see anyone using it cause a banished with fire damage isn't terribly useful. Most of the devils/demons that are eligible to be banished have serious fire resistance/immunity.

I see,just running it on elite then.

The fire is more useful than the banishing part of it.Its the only lvl 5 arm other than the glass cannon with fire damage. Drop it by 2 lvls and you have a nice arm at lvl 17 to use.
Ok off to farm it.

Charononus
09-27-2013, 11:00 PM
I see,just running it on elite then.

The fire is more useful than the banishing part of it.Its the only lvl 5 arm other than the glass cannon with fire damage. Drop it by 2 lvls and you have a nice arm at lvl 17 to use.
Ok off to farm it.

Except that most the stuff in 17-20 is immune or highly resistant to fire, and has a reflex save. Better arms are:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Glorious_Obscenity ml 17
http://ddowiki.com/page/Lucid_Dreams ml 19 like animus
http://ddowiki.com/page/Toven%27s_Hammer ml 19 like animus

I'd actually recommend lucid dreams, it'll do you well until you can get one of the ee runearms.

ericrd
09-28-2013, 09:06 AM
its a rare drop took me quite a few runs to get it.....i never use it though,the type of save along with damage type make an acid or force much better

Rakuda13
09-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Except that most the stuff in 17-20 is immune or highly resistant to fire, and has a reflex save. Better arms are:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Glorious_Obscenity ml 17
http://ddowiki.com/page/Lucid_Dreams ml 19 like animus
http://ddowiki.com/page/Toven%27s_Hammer ml 19 like animus

I'd actually recommend lucid dreams, it'll do you well until you can get one of the ee runearms.

I already have those arms,just dont have anything that gives fire damage like Animus. I swap arms when needed and thought Animus would be good for the some of the mobs i run it to.

sirgog
09-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Prior to MOTU it dropped on Epic, but I've not seen it since then. Probably you will need to run heroic elite and then open up the group after soloing it to let guildies open the chests and help you pull it.

Fresh toons can do this for you and can avoid ransack issues, although they will get lower level random loot they can still get named items.

Rakuda13
09-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Prior to MOTU it dropped on Epic, but I've not seen it since then. Probably you will need to run heroic elite and then open up the group after soloing it to let guildies open the chests and help you pull it.

Fresh toons can do this for you and can avoid ransack issues, although they will get lower level random loot they can still get named items.

Thats a good idea,I keep getting ingredients for green steel on Heroic Elite but havent got the rune arm yet.

Toro12
09-29-2013, 09:44 PM
I already have those arms,just dont have anything that gives fire damage like Animus. I swap arms when needed and thought Animus would be good for the some of the mobs i run it to.

I'm actually rather fond of tiar's splendor.
Sure the rune arm wearing toon I have at that level is a fleshie mostly bard toon so I find the healing amp awesome. Add in death block and almost irresistible light damage and its a no brainer for slot consolidation.
If your a toaster or a full in arti others are probably a better choice. Still haven't gotten a lucid dreams to drop but I'd probably strap that on from time to time.

Deathdefy
09-29-2013, 10:30 PM
Like someone already said, just run DA on elite a few times. People will probably be willing to pass it as well, though a bribe in the lfm won't hurt if you want to increase your chances.

I actually really like Animus. In vale it basically adds the vorpal property to your weapon. Toss on a frozen tunic, and wield some sort of CC crossbow (Radiance or Earthgrab spring to mind. Can be a weirdo and go trap the soul though I suppose.) and Running With The Devils (and the rest of vale) is silly amounts of fun.

I'd rather have 3 different chances of really messing something up than 2d6 force damage from Lucid Dreams and a raw damage approach. For red names obviously the tactic changes.

For Epics I agree it loses utility, but it truly shines at level 17/18 in Vale and the Madness Chains.

Rakuda13
09-30-2013, 02:46 AM
Sure the rune arm wearing toon I have at that level is a fleshie mostly bard toon so I find the healing amp awesome. Add in death block and almost irresistible light damage and its a no brainer for slot consolidation.
If your a toaster or a full in arti others are probably a better choice. Still haven't gotten a lucid dreams to drop but I'd probably strap that on from time to time.

I really like Tiar`s also,that and Toven`s are what i use the most. The sound it gives off is really cool also.

TrinityTurtle
09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
The best way to farm anything in Devil's assault is to get a group together and say "Hey, I need x item, and if someone pulls who doesn't need it could they please consider passing it?" Politely asking never hurts, and most players (not all though) will be happy to give you something they don't need. And you have six chances to pull rather than one soloing.

Livmo
09-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Drops in end chests.

I feel that the EH or EE Corruption of Nature is the better rune arm in Epic for most things.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Rune_arm

xMund
09-30-2013, 08:47 PM

Lucid Dreams is quite easy to get. Every 3rd completion of The Mindsunder you should have a ~50% chance of getting it in the reward list, and you don't have to re-flag between runs.