PDA

View Full Version : Caster Cleric

ThePrincipal
09-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Would an 18cleric/1wizard/1druid make an effective casting cleric? Wizard and Druid would be there to increase fire damage spells.

DemonMage
09-26-2013, 11:41 PM
No. You're better off being a pure cleric under the new enhancement system.

SirValentine
09-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Splashing Druid just for a bit of fire spellpower sounds like a really bad deal to me.

Pure Cleric has some real advantages now, unlike pre-U19. I could still see an argument for splashing Wiz; an extra feat is really nice. Don't think I'd do it personally, though.

unbongwah
09-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Err, what fire spells? By my count, clerics get exactly three: Symbol of Flame (which doesn't scale w/CL); Flame Strike (which is too slow to hit most mobs and seen as inferior to Cometfall); and Fire Storm (which is the least terrible of the lot, but I've never seen a cleric or FvS go out of their way to spec for it).

I'd rather stay pure for the Divine Disciple capstone; or maybe splash monk for 2 extra feats, Evasion, and Ocean stance (makes up for losing +WIS capstone).

ThePrincipal
10-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Ok this was a terrible idea. What about a caster cleric specc for cc spamming greater command?

Fefnir_2011
10-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Err, what fire spells? By my count, clerics get exactly three: Symbol of Flame (which doesn't scale w/CL); Flame Strike (which is too slow to hit most mobs and seen as inferior to Cometfall); and Fire Storm (which is the least terrible of the lot, but I've never seen a cleric or FvS go out of their way to spec for it).

I'd rather stay pure for the Divine Disciple capstone; or maybe splash monk for 2 extra feats, Evasion, and Ocean stance (makes up for losing +WIS capstone).

Flame Strike is good quickened and thrown over a Blade Barrier, same as Fire Storm. I don't spec for it, but I do have a combustion item+alchemical pots for it. My Favored Soul's Flame Strike hits for about 600-900 damage, and her Fire Storm hits as much as a blade barrier tick (600-800 normal, 1,200-1,500 on crits). Maybe not worth speccing solely into fire damage for, but it's worth considering. Especially on clerics now that they can get it as an SLA. Spamming Flame Strike/Holy Smite/Fire Storm on rotation is as close as a divine will get to the nuking power of a sorc on a boss, and it's AoE damage even.