PDA

View Full Version : Pause Hireling contract timer when in raids please

bollwerk
09-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Given that you can't use hirelings in raids, it makes no sense to have the timer tick while in a raid.

Enoach
09-25-2013, 01:01 PM
As a suggestion until they do such a thing, might I recommend stopping by the bank and dropping the contract off in you bank space.

Timers won't tick, and this will only need a single spot if you have a contract folder. I know it is a bit inconvenient as you need to visit the bank to drop off and then pick up after you are done. But it is the only solution I've found so far.

Personally I would like to see the contract only tick down while the summon is "In use" as that would solve the problem entirely.

Havok.cry
09-25-2013, 01:10 PM
As a suggestion until they do such a thing, might I recommend stopping by the bank and dropping the contract off in you bank space.

Timers won't tick, and this will only need a single spot if you have a contract folder. I know it is a bit inconvenient as you need to visit the bank to drop off and then pick up after you are done. But it is the only solution I've found so far.

Personally I would like to see the contract only tick down while the summon is "In use" as that would solve the problem entirely.
QFT and /signed

HunterjWizzard
09-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Is this really worth dev time? At most we are talking about a couple of thousand plat, in a typical raid you'll make that on vendor trash alone. Unless you have like 5 different hires ticking down, in which case why on earth do you have 5 different hires ticking at all?!

Archangel_666
09-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Is this really worth dev time? At most we are talking about a couple of thousand plat, in a typical raid you'll make that on vendor trash alone. Unless you have like 5 different hires ticking down, in which case why on earth do you have 5 different hires ticking at all?!

Three words: Gold Seal Hireling.

RedHost
09-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Three words: Gold Seal Hireling.

I can top that, with just two words: Work Around.

In a perfect world, Hireling contracts would pause when you are in a full party or in a raid. But the significance of them not doing so is extremely minute. While I am not saying that this is not a valid problem, there are many other much more important problems in game that really need to be addressed before this! If all quests were currently working correctly, the Enhancement abilities were not riddled with buggs, the Epic Destiny abilities that we got a year ago still suffered under buts, ladders did not cause you to stick in place, and we had reasonable systems in place for AC I might be willing to support this cause. But given the current state of DDO this level of disconnect seems pretty small compared to the other things out there.

TrinityTurtle
09-25-2013, 05:42 PM
What'll be even worse is when people admit to going to buff before a raid, meaning they're running right by a bank on their ship...LOL..but still want the devs to do this. :)

Archangel_666
09-25-2013, 05:43 PM
I can top that, with just two words: Work Around.

In a perfect world, Hireling contracts would pause when you are in a full party or in a raid. But the significance of them not doing so is extremely minute. While I am not saying that this is not a valid problem, there are many other much more important problems in game that really need to be addressed before this! If all quests were currently working correctly, the Enhancement abilities were not riddled with buggs, the Epic Destiny abilities that we got a year ago still suffered under buts, ladders did not cause you to stick in place, and we had reasonable systems in place for AC I might be willing to support this cause. But given the current state of DDO this level of disconnect seems pretty small compared to the other things out there.

I'll be honest with you, I don't really care. My response was more about the whole "It only costs a bit of plat" thing. One way or another Gold Seal cost real money, so the argument that it only costs plat just doesn't hold water to me.

As for the work-around part, yup, I do the same myself, though I very, very rarely use hirelings at all. 99% of my Hireling usage has been to pull a lever or stand on a plate, and I use a Perma pocket for that. It's only level 3, so not much use for anything else, but for that it's handy.

Just out of curiosity, are you as sick of all the work-arounds we have to use as I am? Every now and then something will happen and I'll actually realise just how many sodding work-arounds I've actually used in a play session and it's quite demoralising.

FalseFlag
09-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Just. . . stick it in the bank if the measly platinum cost is so important to you. We do NOT need them working on **** that isn't broken. Do you have any idea how much they would break trying to implement this terrible idea? Sagas would stop working again!

redspecter23
09-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Just. . . stick it in the bank if the measly platinum cost is so important to you. We do NOT need them working on **** that isn't broken. Do you have any idea how much they would break trying to implement this terrible idea? Sagas would stop working again!

I have to agree with this. Fixing anything that isn't broken will only lead to actually breaking things that were working fine. We can't go one update or patch without some fix messing something else up. If it's a priority fix that breaks something else, I can deal with that, but if I hear devs applied this hireling fix and broke anything else in the process I'd facepalm so hard I could wave to people behind me.

As mentioned above, if they apply any sort of "fix" it should probably be just having the timer tick down only when in use, or even better, just remove the timers. What do they really accomplish other than a minor plat sink that most players can afford 1000x over if they needed to.