PDA

View Full Version : Non-violent way of getting dryad sap

Athrenn
09-25-2013, 05:59 AM
Please tell me I'm not the only druid whose wondered whether there was a way to get a dryad's sap WITHOUT killing them for no darn reason. As a druid you would think they at least would be able to talk to the dryad and convince them to part with a vial of their sap. I hate having to choose between saving the life of the poisoned fellow in the King's Forest and not murdering a dryad.

While we're on this topic, I'd actually like it if more small choices like this existed in the game where you could show compassion by going out of your way. It just adds a layer of depth to the game that sets it apart from a hack-and-slash. Even if few people choose it.

One moment I especially enjoyed was coming to the stormreach harbour for my first time after the revamp and having the choice of helping the refugees. More events like that (but perhaps with more variation in the future) would be greatly appreciated :)

Signed,
Athrenn, Warforged Druid (RoboBear)

Arty_Farty
09-25-2013, 06:24 AM
You don't need violence to get some dryad sap. All the dryads I encounter seem intent on leaving the forest and most of them want to give me their sap before leaving.

Each time I encounter one it is the same - I spot a dryad in the distance, I point my finger at it, it decides to leave the forest and gives me its sap as it goes.

If pointing at them doesn't do the trick for you, consider purchasing it from the AH where all those dryads that willingly gave me their sap told me to post it at very reasonable prices :-)

Sartorin, Drow Necromancer

Charononus
09-25-2013, 06:28 AM
Everything dies in it's time.

someone that understands a druid.

Talon_Moonshadow
09-25-2013, 12:00 PM
What happens in the forest, stays in the forest. ;)

Hoglum
09-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Athrenn, Warforged Druid (RoboBear)

You're a robot bear and don't like the thought of tearing a dryad apart limb by limb?

Krelar
09-25-2013, 12:08 PM
I just don't see how it's going to happen. Imagine it from their view. Someone walks up to you in your house "Hey I need a pint of your blood to cure this guy from the street gang that likes to stomp around in your garden. Oh yeah and I don't have nay proper medical equipment so I'm just going jab you in the arm with my rusty dagger and let the blood drain out until I have enough." Sound good to you? :D