PDA

View Full Version : Fix the hireling level-block on dungeons

Lorianna
09-25-2013, 02:13 AM
This happens far too often, especially once you hit 20+ and have the owlbear, or a 19th level hireling you prefer over the 20th level version. If you're running around an epic zone, and have your hirelings out, once you reach a dungeon door it errors out saying "one of the party members doesn't qualify", due to the hirelings not being 20+ (the owlbear caps at 17th until you get to 23rd and can use the higher-level one).

It even happens trying to EXIT a dungeon, too. If you try to leave via the door, it won't let you unless you dismiss your hirelings first. This is silly.

Make hirelings immune to the level-restrictions on dungeon doors, please. It's a pain in the butt to run halfway across king's forest, the underdark, or the storm horns with your hireling out, and get to the dungeon only to have it go "brrz, you lose, dismiss your hireling and wait 5m until you can continue". Even worse if your hireling will expire in a few minutes, so it wears off before you can resummon it.

This seems like it would be a quality of life issue, and since you can't summon a hireling higher level than you, I don't think it would break anything.

bartharok
09-25-2013, 02:31 AM
The only problem may be if the hireling level and the player level are read from the same place. That way removing the hirelings level block could remove it form players as well. Not that everybody would be unhappy if that happened.

FranOhmsford
09-25-2013, 08:44 AM
You're wrong on ONE thing OP:

You CAN have a Higher Lvl Hireling than Yourself - For One you can use the Lvl 17 Owlbear at Lvl 15 and the Lvl 25 Owlbear at 23!
2 - You can use the Panther at Lvl 18 {She's Lvl 20}
3 - Gold Seal Hirelings are able to be used by people of TWO levels Below their Lvl - The ONLY Exception being Elierie Thistledown who remained Min Lvl 3 to use after being used to Promote a Pack {So So annoyed by this btw!}.

Yes you do have to pay Real Money {or at the least Astral Shards} to get these but they are available!

Now to me - Wyoh {and Yes even though I hate his Guts - Albus} are MILES better than Selis {Lvl 21} or Brec {Lvl 23} and about even with Luna {Lvl 22} so if you have a Duo both with Hires you're gonna either be using extremely sub-par Hirelings or have this annoying issue!

I'm guessing however that the Devs have done this to make farming the likes of Rusted Blades that much more difficult for the Many people out there who DON'T HAVE DDoor! {Hire that DOES have this spell is Lvl 11 and a Fighter!}
Dismissing, Waiting 5 Minutes and Recalling Hire between runs could get very annoying!

Lorianna
09-25-2013, 08:49 PM
You're wrong on ONE thing OP:

You CAN have a Higher Lvl Hireling than Yourself - For One you can use the Lvl 17 Owlbear at Lvl 15 and the Lvl 25 Owlbear at 23!
2 - You can use the Panther at Lvl 18 {She's Lvl 20}
3 - Gold Seal Hirelings are able to be used by people of TWO levels Below their Lvl - The ONLY Exception being Elierie Thistledown who remained Min Lvl 3 to use after being used to Promote a Pack {So So annoyed by this btw!}.

Well, that's true enough I suppose. However, the only time it really is an issue is when you're dragging a 19th or lower hireling around in epic zones. I like using my owlbear in the epic wilderness on my sub-23rd chars, even though he's only 17th. He's still decent, and the extra damage is nice. But he prevents me from entering quests when he's out, and that bugs me. :(

Yes you do have to pay Real Money {or at the least Astral Shards} to get these but they are available!

Now to me - Wyoh {and Yes even though I hate his Guts - Albus} are MILES better than Selis {Lvl 21} or Brec {Lvl 23} and about even with Luna {Lvl 22} so if you have a Duo both with Hires you're gonna either be using extremely sub-par Hirelings or have this annoying issue!

I really prefer Caraneth Myar to Albus and Wyoh. She's completely bonkers with her cometfall and firestorm spells, and provides a lot of nice aoe dps for my single-target meleer. :) Unfortunately, she suffers the same fate as my featherbear, she can't enter epic zones/quests because she's only 19th.

I'm guessing however that the Devs have done this to make farming the likes of Rusted Blades that much more difficult for the Many people out there who DON'T HAVE DDoor! {Hire that DOES have this spell is Lvl 11 and a Fighter!}
Dismissing, Waiting 5 Minutes and Recalling Hire between runs could get very annoying!

Possibly, though I'm not sure that's what's causing it. More likely it's to prevent bringing a 19th or lower player along to get 25k+ per run on epic quests, dinging them up to epic levels REALLY fast. Hirelings just got caught in the crossfire.

Making hirelings exempt would be nice, though.

sirgog
09-25-2013, 09:00 PM
The game would be much better if infuriating arbitrary minimum levels were replaced with a warning. "We think this dungeon may be too difficult for a character of your level; are you SURE you wish to attempt it?"

Really ridiculous when you consider that a newer player hitting level 18 for the first time will find normal Amrath quests beyond them and normal Inspired Quarter quests moderately tough, while epic normal Carnival (with its weaker mobs and lower monster density) would be much more suited to their skill level but they aren't allowed in until level 20.

danotmano1998
09-26-2013, 10:29 AM
It even happens trying to EXIT a dungeon, too. If you try to leave via the door, it won't let you unless you dismiss your hirelings first. This is silly.

Make hirelings immune to the level-restrictions on dungeon doors, please.

/Signed.

Even gold seal ones you pay TP for have this problem.